Hot Toys – MMS172 - Avengers: Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course. Compound is waaay better than recurve.
Welcome to the darkside.
My compound bow unstrung on me last week(One of the cables snapped and they all whipped off pretty fast). Nearly took my arm off....
God i love archery.
:)

I have a compound bow. Never had that happen to me, I heard of it happening. I have not shot my bow in years. One of the people I shoot with takes his long bow, from time to time. He has a scare on his face from that happening to him.

I got the last bow and had to go back and fix a problem. The site did not put in the rest of my order. I was able to get the Blade bow. On the arrow's I was getting cart jacked. I did get 5 of them. So all is good. What clone to put it on :yess: of maybe I will take the sniper Rifles off of Yoda and give it to him.

Lol. Cool beans.
But Hawkeye shoots recurve, not Compound.

Does he? I would argue that it depends on which movie you watch. :wave

tumblr_m9mrkp4K3B1rw5hogo1_500.jpg

I have a compound bow. Never had that happen to me, I heard of it happening. I have not shot my bow in years. One of the people I shoot with takes his long bow, from time to time. He has a scare on his face from that happening to him.

All i know is i hope it never happens to me again. I just got the bow restrung by the head coach in our club. He is going to get the cam timing set up on the bow in the next couple of days and i will be back shooting by wednesday i hope.

Does he? I would argue that it depends on which movie you watch. :wave

Good call.
I humbly apologise for my earlier remarks then.
"You want me to take him down, or are you going to send more guys for him to beat up?"
:clap

No it's correct. He shot "right handed" in Thor. I always wondered why he was a lefty in Avengers.

They weird thing is that based on observation of the movie, he is left-handed, but right-eyed...
He has clearly never had any archery training or he would have been instructed to fire right handed.
I know it's just a movie, but it's the reason he incorrectly uses two arm guards in the movie. He must keep twanging the string up his arm due to aiming with the wrong eye(And his incorrect arm positioning, lol).

You learn something new everyday. Renner is left handed...that's why something felt a little off in the movie. Culd they have trained him to make it better? I know nothing about archery.

You learn something new everyday. Renner is left handed...that's why something felt a little off in the movie. Culd they have trained him to make it better? I know nothing about archery.

He supposedly did get training.
I suppose the way he's shooting, he wouldn't have a lot of leeway to get every shot right. There's a lot of practice and training required to fire a bow consistently.
I suppose it's only a movie after all.
If we can believe the Iron Man suit works, the bad archery of Renner is nothing in comparison.

I just assumed he was ambidextrous....? Never read the Avengers comics (I was all X-Men back in the early/mid 90s) so this movie version of Hawkeye is all I have to go on, and I dig the character a lot! I hope Renner returns for the sequels. His character and Black Widow (and Agent Coulson) humanized the superhumans.

He supposedly did get training.
I suppose the way he's shooting, he wouldn't have a lot of leeway to get every shot right. There's a lot of practice and training required to fire a bow consistently.
I suppose it's only a movie after all.
If we can believe the Iron Man suit works, the bad archery of Renner is nothing in comparison.

Telling you it's his John Wayne Bow that is the trick. If you think that is bad you should see when someone ask where is my silencer on my rifle. I just tell them its in the shop.

What you mean that the Iron Man Suit is not real? Man now I need to take that off my list for Santa....I'm bum....Well at lest I have the hot redhead.

I just assumed he was ambidextrous....? Never read the Avengers comics (I was all X-Men back in the early/mid 90s) so this movie version of Hawkeye is all I have to go on, and I dig the character a lot! I hope Renner returns for the sequels. His character and Black Widow (and Agent Coulson) humanized the superhumans.

Bow hand was Left, pull was right. He was also all in purple with some really big boots. Green Arrow was the same but from time to time when someone else would draw them (He was always in green). They would change how the shoot the bow and arrow. Other then having a (I don't remember what its called where the arrow are being held in) arrow for everything (like a bat belt).

Is that a real bow or just a prop bow? Somehow I have a feeling it would be hard to use.

It looks real enough.
No-one seems to know what type it is.
It could have been a prop bow with elastic instead of cables. He is at full draw for ages in the movie and that's not possible with that kind of a bow unless you are superman. Or unless he had elastic string instead of the usual cables. My bow has a 50lb draw on it. I struggle to hold it for more than fifteen seconds.

My Hawkeye is shipping....Well, the Bow (4x) and Arrows. I got 12 arrows this gives me one more then the movie HW had.

Hey you, you archery people! I've been wondering about something for a long time. What's the bit on a competition-type bow (I'm thinking about the sort that I've seen used in the olympics) that looks like a long....rod that sticks out past the arrow when it's drawn? I'm not doing a good job of explaining this....

When the arrow is released, this "thing" seems to immediately flop down, like it's on some kind of hinged release or something. If you've seen the Korean movie "the Hose" the girl who was in the archery tournament had one of these. I don't even know enough to try to google what I'm talkin' about!
derp....

Hey you, you archery people! I've been wondering about something for a long time. What's the bit on a competition-type bow (I'm thinking about the sort that I've seen used in the olympics) that looks like a long....rod that sticks out past the arrow when it's drawn? I'm not doing a good job of explaining this....

When the arrow is released, this "thing" seems to immediately flop down, like it's on some kind of hinged release or something. If you've seen the Korean movie "the Hose" the girl who was in the archery tournament had one of these. I don't even know enough to try to google what I'm talkin' about!
derp....

It's a stabiliser.
The weight of it helps keep the bow level with the huge draw strengths of modern bows.
But it doesn't flop down...
First of all you are not supposed to grip the bow tightly(Fail number 398 to Mr Renner, lol), but just use the pressure of the pulled string against the inside of your thumb to hold the bow.
So when you fire, the entire bow flops forward itself.
See the video below(You'll have to skip to timecode 2:35 to see her let the bow drop).
I just love watching Danielle Brown shoot(It's worth watching the whole match).
If you skip to 5:07, you will see how damned far away those targets are, lol.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuibydFu168[/ame]

Back