Hot Toys – MMS147 - Predators: 1/6th scale Tracker Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS147 - Predators: 1/6th scale Tracker Predator Collectible Figure

I'll try to get my hands on both.

They both are amazing, would be nice to get a trio but my budget doesn't go that far and I never liked Falconer.

my misses commented on my tracker PO,,,,basically her words went somthing like.. " Hey isnt that the same as the other predators you have" ...
Nope ,this ones bigger with a dog:pfft:

Lol, to my wife predators are all the same too so she don't like me buying more of them. The good thing is I can put a new predator on the shelf & she won't even notice it's a different one.

It's being shipped from Hong Kong. Onesixthbruce is pretty expensive considering the currency exchange from USD to GBP. I've learned the lesson of NEVER purchasing from retail outlets like FP because the price gap between ebay and FP is so huge! Retail shops are so expensive :(

Check also Kapow Toys UK, they offer Hot Toys. Andy, the owner, already confirmed me today that the Tracker pre-orders will be up soon once they have the official price. My Berserker was bought there, but shipped to Portugal, and it cost me a total of 196 euros (~$268). Expensive, but for me it's the best option since if I bought it from Hong Kong it would have been verified on customs and would end up more expensive.

I'll try to get my hands on both.

They both are amazing, would be nice to get a trio but my budget doesn't go that far and I never liked Falconer.
I was on the fence with Falconer; didn't think much of him either.

I finally jumped on an awesome deal and glad I did it. I can't stop staring at the figure and his predator skull trophy. He's here in my office and I'm not getting any work done. :lol

Check also Kapow Toys UK, they offer Hot Toys. Andy, the owner, already confirmed me today that the Tracker pre-orders will be up soon once they have the official price. My Berserker was bought there, but shipped to Portugal, and it cost me a total of 196 euros (~$268). Expensive, but for me it's the best option since if I bought it from Hong Kong it would have been verified on customs and would end up more expensive.

Yes I checked that one out as well and awaiting for them to display price :) But I'm also eye-ing on whether they'll sell Iron Man Mark VI.

Eitherway you are right about customs but sometimes you can get lucky and they don't charge you customs. It's all about luck actually. But whenever I convert the currency it is always more attractive to purchase it from ebay US compared to ebay UK or UK retail shops.

Yes I checked that one out as well and awaiting for them to display price :) But I'm also eye-ing on whether they'll sell Iron Man Mark VI.

Eitherway you are right about customs but sometimes you can get lucky and they don't charge you customs. It's all about luck actually. But whenever I convert the currency it is always more attractive to purchase it from ebay US compared to ebay UK or UK retail shops.

I know they don't verify everything, but from years of ordering from overseas I've learned better the portuguese customs pattern, and the bigger and heavier boxes, just like what is needed for a Hot Toys figure, is very very likely to get verified and a tax paid. And if it comes on express mail, which is what would be used for Hot Toys figures due to size and value, it's definitely going to get verified. Either I'm very unlucky or the customs for express mail verifies almost everything (the standard mail is verified apart from this, and they control express mail much more rigorously). And courier services like Fedex, etc., from outside the euro zone is the worse option as they also charge extra taxes upon arrival (shipping paid on origin + customs tax & VAT + courier tax). That courier tax is about $60... For a $165 order Fedex plus customs taxes are about $135. It's ridiculous... And it happened to me recently as it was the first time I used a courier from outside the euro zone. Never more...

With that said, and since for these figures I end up paying more with a tax than ordering from the UK, I choose UK and Kapow. But this is only valid for big and very expensive figures. People on the USA and Hong Kong (and some other countries) are really lucky, even those from the UK regarding the euro zone.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS147 - Predators: 1/6th scale Tracker Predator Collectible Figure

why is hot toys doing this to me everytime i think im on top of the new pred stuff they go ahead and realese more and i have to get the legendary busts also:)

Hahaha cheat? how exactly? if it gets me a lower price why not? :p

It's being shipped from Hong Kong. Onesixthbruce is pretty expensive considering the currency exchange from USD to GBP. I've learned the lesson of NEVER purchasing from retail outlets like FP because the price gap between ebay and FP is so huge! Retail shops are so expensive :(

FP's prices are crazy. All retail shops over here are:mad:

Ebay all the way:rock

I know they don't verify everything, but from years of ordering from overseas I've learned better the portuguese customs pattern, and the bigger and heavier boxes, just like what is needed for a Hot Toys figure, is very very likely to get verified and a tax paid. And if it comes on express mail, which is what would be used for Hot Toys figures due to size and value, it's definitely going to get verified. Either I'm very unlucky or the customs for express mail verifies almost everything (the standard mail is verified apart from this, and they control express mail much more rigorously). And courier services like Fedex, etc., from outside the euro zone is the worse option as they also charge extra taxes upon arrival (shipping paid on origin + customs tax & VAT + courier tax). That courier tax is about $60... For a $165 order Fedex plus customs taxes are about $135. It's ridiculous... And it happened to me recently as it was the first time I used a courier from outside the euro zone. Never more...

With that said, and since for these figures I end up paying more with a tax than ordering from the UK, I choose UK and Kapow. But this is only valid for big and very expensive figures. People on the USA and Hong Kong (and some other countries) are really lucky, even those from the UK regarding the euro zone.

Well said my friend I understand the troubles we go through with shipping and VATs even though I don't think I've ever went through as much as you have. I will consider whether it will be more worth it to make a purchase through ebay + risk of customs or Kapow. Do you ever shop at onesixthbruce as well? Btw what kind of shipping method does Kapow use?

FP's prices are crazy. All retail shops over here are:mad:

Ebay all the way:rock

Absolutely right my friend ;)

my misses commented on my tracker PO,,,,basically her words went somthing like.. " Hey isnt that the same as the other predators you have" ...
Nope ,this ones bigger with a dog:pfft:

It's pretty much the same as with the girls handbags or shoes.
They need 50 pairs of shoes and 30 handbags, and we need 20+ predators (or other action figures...) :lol

PO for £135.99 plus £40 ems shipping. I decided to get in there as the PO had almost sold out from the seller at the initial lower price.

I never pre-order these things. Im too impatient. I dont like to allocate money that i could use in the present.

I usually lurk these threads and once somebody gets one in stock ill message my usual ebay guy double check he will gift/low value marking if i order an item and i pay him. Usually gets the item in stock within the week and i will have it a week after.

And im in the UK and usually for weeks after i have my Figure i see other UK guys awaiting stock from OSB which costs more and takes longer (so i dont understand that :confused:) But thats a topic for another thread!

Well said my friend I understand the troubles we go through with shipping and VATs even though I don't think I've ever went through as much as you have. I will consider whether it will be more worth it to make a purchase through ebay + risk of customs or Kapow. Do you ever shop at onesixthbruce as well? Btw what kind of shipping method does Kapow use?

I just knew onesixthbruce very recently through this site from people mentioning that store, but it seemed to me that Kapow Toys is still a better option for me.

Kapow Toys uses Royal Mail (signed for) and ParcelForce when the size and weight makes it not possible to be sent by Royal Mail. As an example, Berserker and Falconer, each alone, can be sent by Royal Mail.

Onesixthbruce is awesome but like you say its what works best for the individual for either how quick they get it, price, packaging or possible customs charges. For me OSB ticks all the boxes for the above and makes me feel im in safe hands.

I never pre-order these things. Im too impatient. I dont like to allocate money that i could use in the present.

I usually lurk these threads and once somebody gets one in stock ill message my usual ebay guy double check he will gift/low value marking if i order an item and i pay him. Usually gets the item in stock within the week and i will have it a week after.

And im in the UK and usually for weeks after i have my Figure i see other UK guys awaiting stock from OSB which costs more and takes longer (so i dont understand that :confused:) But thats a topic for another thread!

The only problem with this is that sometimes the first batch will have some flaw's with the dx02 being a good example and now the first batch of the Ironman VI look's to have some problem's ..i find it's best to wait for a later batch as there is less a chance your figure will have a defect.

Onesixthbruce is awesome but like you say its what works best for the individual for either how quick they get it, price, packaging or possible customs charges. For me OSB ticks all the boxes for the above and makes me feel im in safe hands.

That's good to know and it's one more option for me too :) .

Tracker is up for pre-order at Onesixthbruce :wave

Hell yeah!!!!
Just pre-ordered him :yess::yess::yess:

Had a feeling he's go up this weekend, Watched Predators last night :)

Not a bad price £159.99 + £13.00 shipping,
No Import fees,Fantastic Packaging and only had to pay £73.99 for now and the rest when they're instock, WIN:hi5:

Kindest regards
Tys

Hell yeah!!!!
Just pre-ordered him :yess::yess::yess:

Not a bad price £159.99 + £13.00 shipping,
No Import fees,Fantastic Packaging and only had to pay £73.99 for now and the rest when they're instock, WIN:hi5:

Kindest regards
Tys

Wow, great price.

I've noticed that shipping fees have increased recently. I'm guessing that's down to the increased fuel prices:gah:

Back