Hot Toys – MMS147 - Predators: 1/6th scale Tracker Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Source please = AVP galaxy.

John Davis Talks Predator Franchise
Predators News | Posted by Darkness on 06 Jun 2011 10:31 PM

Collider recently did an interview with John Davis (Producer of every Predator movie). He basically says that they need to rest the Predator franchise for a few years and then maybe see if they can re-invent it again. He also reveals that the reason Arnie didn’t want to do Predator 2 was because he wanted $250,000 more than what they offered him. Previously, Arnie declined to Predator 2 because he didn’t like the concept of setting it in the city.

Davis: Yes. I talked to Arnold about rebooting Predator and doing something in terms of that. I think in terms of right now, it needs to rest for a couple of years. I can’t see why if we can’t be clever we can’t reinvent it again.

Davis: Yeah. He changed the setting. He put it on another planet. You have to keep changing the setting. You have to find a clever way to do it. If we were going to do it with Arnold; it was like, “Does it make sense to go back and to put him with a young team?” So maybe it’s 20 years later, you have retired, and you are the one person who has survived one of these encounters. Is that a reboot in the fact that you are in it with a group of young guys? Is that a reboot? You just have to figure out a way to reboot it. Rodriguez rebooted it. It’s all in the planet. The sequel to the first one rebooted it. We should’ve had Arnold in the movie. The deal broke down over $250,000, which is a shame. But it was moved from the jungle to the city. You have to create a freshness about it. When we did Alien vs. Predator we kind of rebooted it because we put the two pieces together. You just have to give it enough time to come up with a new freshness. It is what they did so brilliantly with Fast Five.

Thanks to Darkoo and Daz85 for the news.

Comments: 87 | Forum Topic

Definitely needs to rest until a good script comes along.

We really don't need another so-so predator flick. I want to have that same feeling of seeing something new again like with the '87 movie.

That's what they did, the humans kinda narrated the story with 2 preds just going at it. The pred spoke only in the final moments and it was killer. I would really recommend you guys check it out.

https://www.comicvine.com/predator-bad-blood/49-27987/

Anyone have any news on the predators sequel? I heard rodriguez confirmed that he was planning on making one.

Right. Now, someone needs to translate something similar to this to work on screen and not only in comics.

Indeed.

Is it too much to ask for someone to get the mandibles right again...:banghead

images

Hey guys, just wanted to give you a heads up, bigbadtoystore has the tracker on sale for around $160+. their nolan fig is also on sale

i think i payed $170 for my tracker new on eBay. i wana get another hound but they go for like $90 on eBay. a little steep

I just this predator for $162 great deal. This is the last predator I need. That is until the city hunter comes out lol

I just this predator for $162 great deal. This is the last predator I need. That is until the city hunter comes out lol

That is a great deal.

City Hunter isn't due until February, so maybe... how 'bout a Samurai predator in the meantime? :naughty

Im still on the fence about the samurai predator. But now that you mention that I forgot about shadow predator.:slap this predator collection will never end lol

Im still on the fence about the samurai predator. But now that you mention that I forgot about shadow predator.:slap this predator collection will never end lol

agreed ..
just like others line too such dc comic and marvel

all you have to do is just pick one up and hopefully you can collect all of it :clap

Back