Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm fighting the temptation to acquire Thor. I caved and have Cap on pre-order but as much as I liked the movie, the Thor figure just didn't wow me. But....that voice in my head is getting more irrational and insistent by the minute!

Great pic on that last one! The face looks exactly like in the movies :clap

I'm fighting the temptation to acquire Thor. I caved and have Cap on pre-order but as much as I liked the movie, the Thor figure just didn't wow me. But....that voice in my head is getting more irrational and insistent by the minute!

Avoid seeing it in person, it's for your [wallet's] own good :lecture :lol

Same here, man. I'm debating between Thor and Captain America or just skipping both and getting DX Jack Sparrow. I'm trying to resist getting Thor and Cap because I know they'll be making new ones when the Avengers comes out, but still...

Anyway, I just got my Mark VI this week so I might as well add another pic of this fantastic figure to the thread.

GEDC1962.jpg

Thanks a lot! For comparison's sake, here's the original, un-processed version of that same shot. Like I said, I don't use filters much, not that I'm against then, just that I'm not particularly *good* with them. Or it just doesn't occur to me. But after how well it worked on this shot, I might start abusing them more often. The filters, that is.
6271748146_7315b97da7_b.jpg
[/url] iron man 002 by zipflint, on Flickr[/IMG]

The lighting on his armor is very beautiful zipflint! :clap

edit: meant to add that that's a great shot Dally! The more I see of the battle damaged parts, the more I want to use them
for a while. I love the psychotic levels of detail!

Last edited:
If you're gonna use the battle damaged parts, just be careful swapping his arms. That was terrifying. haha. Anyway, if it wasn't for the switches on his arms, your shot would look like a still right out of the movie. Very impressive.

Thanks very much for the suggestion. This is the part where I reveal how much I suck at photoshop, lol. Made an attempt to remove the switches. It's embarrassingly obvious but it's about the best I could do in a pinch.
;)
Also, this image makes a good wallpaper, especially if you flip it on the horizontal so that the black, negative space on the right is over on the left. Full resolution is up at https://www.flickr.com/photos/zipflint

If you're gonna use the battle damaged parts, just be careful swapping his arms. That was terrifying. haha. Anyway, if it wasn't for the switches on his arms, your shot would look like a still right out of the movie. Very impressive.

6275853782_5d659445d3_b.jpg
[/url] iron man mark vi 002 retouched by zipflint, on Flickr[/IMG]

Thanks a lot! For comparison's sake, here's the original, un-processed version of that same shot. Like I said, I don't use filters much, not that I'm against then, just that I'm not particularly *good* with them. Or it just doesn't occur to me. But after how well it worked on this shot, I might start abusing them more often. The filters, that is.

Go on..filter's good! :wink1:

Derp.....I wonder why my reply (with the image containing the original photograph I took) to Dally's post is now before his post in the thread.....oh well. Just forum software shenanigans I guess. Or gremlins. It could be gremlins...

Nice shot Dally but I noticed that the crotch area of your Mark VI are fading a bit (correct me if I'm wrong) or that's just in lighting? :cuckoo:

I think it is just the lighting because my light source in that pic is directly in front of it. In person, it all appears to be the same shade to me and I can't say that it appears fading. I hope not anyway. I just took it out if the box this week and it is displayed well away from sunlight, so I don't know what would cause it.

I think it is just the lighting because my light source in that pic is directly in front of it. In person, it all appears to be the same shade to me and I can't say that it appears fading. I hope not anyway. I just took it out if the box this week and it is displayed well away from sunlight, so I don't know what would cause it.

I see. Well, good for you man. :hi5: My Mark VI have pink panties already. :monkey2

Congrats on the mk6 guys.. Sad to hear about abs and speedos turning pink on the BD mk3's I have the same problem on my BD mk3!!:( this was my firs HT figure.. But now I have my mk6 no pink fading so far.. :) I would post a picture but still a nube..

Then again I was also wondering if anyone tried to do some touch up work on the faded area? I was thinking of air brushing it with tamiya clear red acrylic paints. I might test a small section then if it works, I will recoat the faded areas.

I may have borked my Mark V's right arm. When you remove the hands, are the....armor bits on the back of the hands supposed to stay attacked to the hand? Or the arm?

Because it looks for all the world like that flappy bit of armor is *attached* to the back of the hands. But that can't be right....can it? Dang I'm tired....

Back