Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was after the market pushed the price upwards for 2nd and 3rd wave shipments; it was $185 when first released, which is what I paid from Toysquare. And when I say released I mean I ordered after the figure was out in Hong Kong. There's no reason the Mark VI figure should cost more than the Mark III battle-damaged figure did. I mean c'mon, the T-1000 is a $155 figure and look at everything he comes with.

T2_T1000_PR19.jpg

The price is most likely due to license cost and issues.

It looks like they used both BD MK3 with the flip up facelplate head (and with slightly redesigned battle damages on the faceplate) and Mark IV light-up helmet in the promo pics.

I just preordered the exclusive but I'm a little worried, if the faceplates had to fit the two heads I hope they'll go with the same shape as the Mark IV helmet because the battle damaged head looks really off (and that's why I decided to use de clean head on my BD mark 3 for instance).

Other than these (serious) issues, it looks like their best IM figure as for today.

Another point I realized, is how many people were pissed off that they released a BD MK3 after buying the normal one? The BD was my 1st IM so I mean this at least saves you from buying 2 figs....right?

Another point I realized, is how many people were pissed off that they released a BD MK3 after buying the normal one? The BD was my 1st IM so I mean this at least saves you from buying 2 figs....right?
No. It only saves a person money if they buy every figure Hot Toys' releases. And when it's two separate figures one can sell the first release to buy the second one, which is what I did with my original Mark III; it only cost me $15 to "upgrade" to the battle-damaged version. I'm not saying however that they should have parted this out into two separate figures; I'm saying it's at least $25 overpriced.

I'd say this is their one and only Mk VI. I don't know what else they could do with it. They covered the basis with this 2 in 1.

They could do a non-canon, exclusive version like the gunmetal grey version of the Mark III. There's no reason for them not to.

The only thing that has bothered me from day 1 is the fact that none of the iron man suits have light up boots like the mech test version does. How is he suppose to fly??
How much harder would it be just to add that last feature to this figure, I mean he did do a LOT of flying with this suit on. I'm sure they wouldn't add that feature to the Mark V since it was never shown that it could fly, so this means we may never see and IM suit w/ light up boots.....
:dunno

$212 dollars for a hot toys iron man. This insane sideshow. Come on . I remember my first hot toys collectible was 145$ bucks. At the time I thought it was insane to pay that much but it looked so cool so I sucked it up. But this is realy pushing it. I mean they basically took the mark 4 body and changed the color. What's up with this price?????

Well all the areas that have removable parts had to be re-sculpted and I assume they're gonna redesign the inside of the chest so it has the triangle reactor. Then 2 head sculpts and the base , extra arm.Thats where all the moneys going

But seriously, if they did all this for Mark 6, Just imagaine how crazy they're gonna go with Mark 5 ! We are totally getting that Race Track suit. Probably get a working suit case too :hi5:

With hot toys on a iron man spree do you guys think that this will be the last one released before avengers?

But this is realy pushing it. I mean they basically took the mark 4 body and changed the color. What's up with this price?????
This figure is definitely worth a $25 premium over the Mark IV; the problem is that the Mark IV is $20 overpriced to begin with, so an extra $25 puts this Mark VI at a higher price than any Hot Toys figure ever before to my knowledge.

The Mark III cost $160 and the Battle Damaged edition cost $185; a $25 premium.

They're asking $180 for the Mark IV and $210 for the Mark VI; someone somewhere in the process got greedy and decided to make an extra $20 per figure.

This figure is definitely worth a $25 premium over the Mark IV; the problem is that the Mark IV is $20 overpriced to begin with, so an extra $25 puts this Mark VI at a higher price than any Hot Toys figure ever before to my knowledge.

The Mark III cost $160 and the Battle Damaged edition cost $185; a $25 premium.

They're asking $180 for the Mark IV and $210 for the Mark VI; someone somewhere in the process got greedy and decided to make an extra $20 per figure.

:exactly: Yet don't have much choice. Prices will continue to increase as long as we continue purchasing at the elevated cost.

Well all the areas that have removable parts had to be re-sculpted and I assume they're gonna redesign the inside of the chest so it has the triangle reactor. Then 2 head sculpts and the base , extra arm.Thats where all the moneys going

But seriously, if they did all this for Mark 6, Just imagaine how crazy they're gonna go with Mark 5 ! We are totally getting that Race Track suit. Probably get a working suit case too :hi5:

if we get a working suitcase, I'll crap myself :monkey1

Back