Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Battery leakage? I haven't seen anything like that since I was a kid. I guess it would also depend on how you store it. If its stored in an attic with extreme hot & cold conditions, I suppose it could happen.

HT does use cheap batteries and, yes, some of them do leak. I don't believe the age of the batteries makes a difference.

I am selling my Mk.III BD Iron Man figure so I took the batteries out. They are fine. I also took the batteries out of my Falconer Predator figure and they not only showed signs of leakage, but the metal housing was also warped. The surface that has the name and polarity markings was domed-shape instead of flat.

Um wow. So you're saying if I'm not using them, I should remove them? The last thing I want is battery acid eating away my figure's parts. :panic:

Hey, if Hot Toys are releasing the Mark 1 2.0, do you think they'll rerelease all the Marks in v2.0? I'm dying to get an IM Mark Vi and War Machine pair, but they are both going for around $400 on ebay!! I think I'll save that kind of money for the upcoming DXs!! But sooner or later I'd love to get an IM Mark VI and War Machine.

Hey, if Hot Toys are releasing the Mark 1 2.0, do you think they'll rerelease all the Marks in v2.0? I'm dying to get an IM Mark Vi and War Machine pair, but they are both going for around $400 on ebay!! I think I'll save that kind of money for the upcoming DXs!! But sooner or later I'd love to get an IM Mark VI and War Machine.

Difficult to say.
From a business standpoint, HT will milk the license for as long as they can, one would think.

If Iron Man is still popular 10 years from now, you can count on them re-releasing/upgrading previous armors.

Seriously, if they keep on releasing v2.0 of each mark, won't that lose the value of the previous one? Anyway, at least I'll know that I'll never pay off my mortgage lol...

Seriously, if they keep on releasing v2.0 of each mark, won't that lose the value of the previous one? Anyway, at least I'll know that I'll never pay off my mortgage lol...

Perhaps, unless you keep it MIB. I'm sure the packaging will be way different.

picked this one up recently. good looking figure. i just wish it would have come with one of the generic led bases that some of the other iron man figures come with.

Well they have made seven different suits. Eleven different suits if you also include War Machine, Whiplash, Mech Test, and Iron Monger. Out of those 11 they have only done second releases of the three suits from the first movie and two of those were done years later.

I'm not counting the exclusive re-release as those are variants not new versions of the same design. So that's only three out of 11 suits that have seen "2.0" versions and like I said they all came years later. For example in the case of the Mark I 2.0 it came about four years later.

Yghug.jpg

Still loving this guy!

Back