Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My latest Mark VI photo shoot...

MarkVI_3op.jpg

Damn, dude!

Damn!

:clap

looks really good, i wish i still had my dslr but i had to sell it. :( I think I am going to sell my mark vi also, actually thinking about selling all my iron men. i have iv, vi, mech test, and secret project, but I only need one of them.

The magnetic face plate wont stick to my battle damage helmet anymore.

It keeps falling off. Argh! Guess I'll just glue his face over lol

looks really good, i wish i still had my dslr but i had to sell it. :( I think I am going to sell my mark vi also, actually thinking about selling all my iron men. i have iv, vi, mech test, and secret project, but I only need one of them.

My advice....keep the Mk.IV and sell everything else.

Is it rude to ask about your photography techniques? I'm guessing you used a light box? I've got a rather dinky one that I don't use very often, but that's probably because I don't really know HOW to use it effectively.

That's why I usually go for hard shadows and dramatic lighting. I'm also kinda lazy when it comes to the more action-oriented poses. Below is a good example of what I consider to be one of my better photos, but it's obviously not that impressive compared to what you and some other posters are doing.

If it matters, I use a Nikon D80 and I've got several lenses, but for most of my action figure shots I use a 60mm Nikkor macro lens. I like that it brings out the detail but I'm starting to think that it is limiting me to taking only "portrait-type" photos.

(I know the photo is off-topic but it best illustrates what I'm talking about)

6786665219_b05a3cd7b4_b.jpg
[/url] jack sparrow 002 by zipflint, on Flickr[/IMG]

Is it rude to ask about your photography techniques? I'm guessing you used a light box? I've got a rather dinky one that I don't use very often, but that's probably because I don't really know HOW to use it effectively.

That's why I usually go for hard shadows and dramatic lighting. I'm also kinda lazy when it comes to the more action-oriented poses. Below is a good example of what I consider to be one of my better photos, but it's obviously not that impressive compared to what you and some other posters are doing.

If it matters, I use a Nikon D80 and I've got several lenses, but for most of my action figure shots I use a 60mm Nikkor macro lens. I like that it brings out the detail but I'm starting to think that it is limiting me to taking only "portrait-type" photos.

(I know the photo is off-topic but it best illustrates what I'm talking about)

na man, i just started photographing figures recently, i do have a tent but i find it rather useless and just takes up alot of space. I just never directly light my figure because it always gives it a flat and "toy" feeling i guess.
here's my basic set up, nothing facy
05022012388.jpg

just a tripod, a black background and 2 ikea desk lamps. the lights are almost facing away from the figure and barely lights it and i find that suits me quite well.
Since you have a SLR you can play with the settings to get a decent result. I just adjusted the levels in photoshop after i'm done and add the chest and eye lights.

Last edited:
Cool man, thanks for the tips! And I dig the simple set up. Seeing that photo just made me realize that I could solve a lot of my lighting issues just by using two lights set at subject-level. That never occurred to me, and no I'm not kidding.
So thanks!

Cool man, thanks for the tips! And I dig the simple set up. Seeing that photo just made me realize that I could solve a lot of my lighting issues just by using two lights set at subject-level. That never occurred to me, and no I'm not kidding.
So thanks!

no worries, glad that helped

Spoiler Spoiler:

oh and the only problem i had getting them all together again was that the hinge that was attached to the calf area (which is supposed to be attached to the knee joint) needs to be moded. I didn't want to open the calf area because it looked too fragile and it might break so all I did was cut a small amount of plastic (using a fire heated flat screwdriver to melt a part of the plastic, i cut about 1/4 from the hinge) as drawn on the picture below. This was done to make sure it can be connected onto the knee joint properly without force.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thanks for the pics and descript. in aiding my leg dissection for repair... however the cutting of 1/4 of the joint was not needed as with some prying and proper positioning you can slot the joint in. By cutting a portion of the ring you actually loose some contact with the rubber o-ring that provide resistance.

p.s the lower joint was the broken one on mine, Where you need to slot-ine with the 1/4 cut mod.

My dissected Mk. 6 leg:
IMG_6317.jpg

Last edited:
I just gotta tell someone this...I've been on cloud 9!

I basically got a MKVI today for about 60 bucks, counting the Marvel Legends Face-off Cap, Red Skull, and Marel Select Hulk I traded for him and my orignal investment in them.

This figure is awesome. I was very worried about pink panties syndrome, but the figure and all accessories are in perfect condition.

It's nice to have him finally standing next to Cap and Thor. Can't wait to get Hulk in 1/6th to add to the Marvel collection, and I'm looking forward to seeing the new 1/4th versions of the Avengers. I figure I might as well get the new suits in 1/4th as long as the figures are worth it. My main Hot Toys collection will always be 1/6th (I hope lol), but I wouldn't mind some quarter scale figures of my four favorite Avengers.

any good tip on how to remove the normal arm for the battle-damaged one? or do i just have to pull real hard (i hate that) =(

I've seen all the pics and this is an amazing IM figure!!!! But I did notice some discussion concerning a possible re-release of the Mark VI considering it's featured in the Avengers. I know this is all speculation but knowing Hot Toys and the trend or re-leaseing olders products...could this happen sooner or later? I know the Mark VII will make it's debut in this movie and we might only see the Mark VI for short time on screen. Should I go out and get this IM figure now or bet on HT re-releasing this in the future. Part on me can't see how HT can improve on this great figure.......any suggestions/thoughts? I see the prices are averaging near $300 and I want to get in before it's a $350-$400 figure. Thanks.

It's always better to avoid above retail prices, so just wait i guess :)

There's no certainty though that the battle damaged pieces will make the rerelease

Back