Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, they're being converted to jpeg by the cam. A very modest Canon XTi.
If I can get a halfway decent photo editor, I'd shoot in RAW.

I use an XSi, one generation behind yours iirc.

don't all DSLRs come with their own postprocessing software?

Yeah, but it's not particularly robust or really any good.

Centurion:

You're better off with something like Lightroom or Aperture by far. If you're looking to do compositing and things of that nature though you need Photoshop. Given though that Lightroom is only $300 to Photoshop's $700 to me if you're just doing photography it's not really worth it. I own the full creative suite but I'm a professional illustrator and designer.

Now there's two other options:

Option 1, if you're a student or work at a university you can buy the teacher and student versions of the software. They cost about $200 (Photoshop) and $80 (Lightroom). Some places will let you buy the student versions without any sort of validation or proof. Just be aware though that if you buy the student version and you are neither a student or teacher you're essentially "stealing" the software and might as well pirate it and save some money imo.

Option 2, you can download the trial. It lasts for 30 days iirc and is fully featured. Likewise Adobe allows you to uninstall and reinstall the trial as many times as you want. I know this because I had to do this at work while we where waiting for budget to come through to buy it properly. Again, arguably this is a form of theft.

I leave it up to you. I will say this though, Adobe software is largely meant to be used commercially and I personally feel, if you're not using it professionally you're justified in skirting their prices.

I think if he uses the software to only touch up his pictures for personal use then student version. Most student edition software incl office the most important stipulation is that it cannot be used to produce documents for commercial use. So even if you are a student and you get the student edition. The moment you publish and sell the work for monetary purpose you broke the license agreement. I say try the software that came with the camera first as it's free and if it does not get you the results you want and you can always upgrade then.

:borg:

Looks like the Mark VI that I got from Forbidden Planet is from the first batch i.e. BD chest piece doesn't sit flush. I know a lot of early adopters were running into this - did you guys just just contact hot toys directly to get it replaced?

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I tried looking through the thread but having trouble finding an answer. Would greatly appreciate it. Thanks! :)

vodoun,
dedguy,
Geil...

Thank you all for the great feedback.
I'll certainly check on Digital Photo Professional first and see what that has to offer. You can't beat free!

It looks like Lightroom is a step up from there and Photoshop has it all.

I like that I have options.

...and one more to get us back on track: :)

5686310728_27415ce42e_b.jpg

Back