Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First impressions, will take some pics later I'm sure.

As cool as the battle damaged parts are I kind of wish it didn't have them as it makes the figure not as sturdy. Also it's weird that side by side the Mark VI almost looks shorter than the IV. An optical illusion created by it looking bulkier due to the different paint job and the wider chest plate.

I love it as a whole though. Great figure and the Iron Man I've been waiting for.

Hey Josh, so is it safe to say that the BD chest plate issue are fixed now?

please do take pics of the pins inside. Would like to see if they have altered the placements.

thanks!

Decided to unbox the Mark VI and set him up waiting for his twin to show up. I went with the BD parts on this one and those parts are quite easy to put on the figure. The BD chest piece fits great doesn't feel loose and no gap that I can really tell. The face plates are cool think I would have liked to just get extra full sculpts as I tend to be really ____ when it comes to how these fit. I did decide to use the stand with the hammer drone on it so I had to use the C-Clamp which I don't care for but I wanted to use it on at least one of my two Mark VI figures.

Overall pretty damn good figure. Can't wait to get my second and take all my pics and review.
Looking forward to that review and congrats on the new figure.

Not a super interesting pic, but wanted to take a quick side by side with the Mark IV.

5599629234_4d022c2ff8_b.jpg

It looks like the same exact figure with a slightly different paint job and chest plate :lol

Finally got around to taking some pictures of the Mark VI.

First part of the review here, video/homage to Armor Wars featuring the Mark VI here.

I got the figure a few weeks ago from Hong Kong and I'm really digging this figure especially with the battle damaged parts. The BD chest on mine does jet out a bit on the left side, so I'm hoping to find one of the corrected ones on eBay. Overall it's a great figure and can't wait for the Mark V!

5599145773_b6e40aee89_z.jpg

5599145817_3b3db8b9bc_z.jpg

5599145879_471169047d_z.jpg

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kZUhtwmh_VU?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They are the same. Its an optical illusion.

Yup totally. The breaking up of the thighs with different colors and finishes on the Mark IV makes them look much thinner. Likewise the simple change of making the chest plate both wider and less complex makes the torso and even shoulders look wider.

The head is different on the Mark VI but it's actually narrower not wider.

Wanted to try something here with the chest RT that I was thinking might work since I first saw pics in hand of it on.

5599241401_1a6ba18576_b.jpg

Hey Josh, so is it safe to say that the BD chest plate issue are fixed now?

please do take pics of the pins inside. Would like to see if they have altered the placements.

thanks!

Yeah, they fixed it as far as I'm concerned. I made sure to smash it in real tight (yes there's a joke in this someplace :lol) and did not see any light leaking out. So its nice and tight against the chest.

Looking forward to that review and congrats on the new figure.

Thank Cen!! Its the best Iron man out there so far IMO. As great as the Mark VI is I just like this one better with the new paint scheme, BD parts, and enviro base.

Back