Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not hype, per se, but complaints.
The battle damaged chest piece does not fit correctly onto the chest. You can clearly see a gap at the lower edge of the chest plate. It didn't sit flush with the rest of the body either.

The normal chest piece is perfectly fine.

This issue is suppose to be fixed, I think. :dunno

Much like the arm rockets and stuff on the Mark IV and the weapon pods on War Machine for me the BD parts are cool, but something I will pretty much never use. Basically will only use them to take some pics when I first get it.

My guess is this hasn't changed and thats its part of the run that has an issue. So I'll just use a blow dryer and heat it up to move them down a bit.

the blow dryer wont work, not hot enough for this sort of plastic.

Its the really brittle kind so you'd almost have to melt the pegs to adjust them. Not sure you could get them in the right position anyhow without removing them completely first.

Anybody order from Secret Compass? Don't know when I'm getting mine. it's been a long wait. Congrats to those who received theirs! :clap

Ah interesting. Thank ya Nick.

No problem.

When I "fixed" my BD chest (and I used that term loosely) I ended up cutting the pegs off, making little bases for them out of aves (which doesnt adhere well) and then glued them in place with a tiny drop of superglue.

Like I said before though, even after fixing the pegs, the chest plate just doesnt fit right. You can see that if you just set it in place with no pegs it still wont fit.

Hopefully these are all fixed and not only some down the road. If these first releases are still messed up and the release some good ones soon I'm gonna be pissed.

Yeah, hopefully this is a fixed version but if not and its not "horrible" looking I can live with it. I just want a couple of kick ass looking Mark VI 1:6th figures in my display to go with my maquette.

Well....had to get on the wait list on SSC since CornerStoresComics pre-orders are sold out too. I'm just going to CSC store and ask if they have an extra one. Last time I just showed up and asked if they had the HT Bezerker Predator when it was sold-out and they hooked me up!!!

If this incoming wave of Mk.VI's do not have the battle damaged chest piece issue resolved, you can count on some cancellations being made.

I would expect so and people would have a right. Actually, the interesting thing I would be curious about is will people call HT out the way they do SS on issues.

Back