Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you know it:hi5: especially considering how our check lists seem to be on par with each other:D

Well that shows we both have excellent taste in high-end figures :hi5:

do the VI heads fit the IV neck/body?

The necks from the IV and VI are identical...the head have slight differences, especially the battle damaged one ... ;)

"Battle Damaged"

P1010007.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010010.jpg

P1010011.jpg

P1010012.jpg

P1010013.jpg

Love the details on those damaged effect. Will pose him in this condition together w/ WM.:yess: Congrats Nick! :wink1:

Love the details on those damaged effect. Will pose him in this condition together w/ WM.:yess: Congrats Nick! :wink1:

Gorgeous. Thanks for the photos!

Wow totally digging the damaged suit look! The bullet holes are awesome!!

glad you guys like the pictures! it looks so much better in person too! at first I didnt plan on ever displaying the BD but it really grew on me once I put it on the figure!

P1010008.jpg

The poor fit of the BD chest piece is really evident here.
Over $200 for a defective figure out the box?:cuckoo:
Un-freaking-forgivable.:slap

Hot Toys better fix this.
Great pics Nick---the rest of the figure looks great, but the chest fit defect sticks out like a sore thumb.

Is this Hot Toys or Hasblow?:dunno

Honestly, I don't even think HT made an announcement that they are fixing anything. Some of us here are just assuming that.
I hope that they are.

They damn well better!
And they should replace every defective chestpiece free of charge! :explode:

Last edited:
I don't think it's unforgivable. It's a simple (and relatively minor) mistake and even in production that happens sometimes. HT has traditionally been pretty good about fixing manufacturing errors like this on the fly (TDK for example). Not perfect* but I think a lot of that stems from them being A) small and B) HK-based.

* For North American buyers anyway. Which in that case it's North American buyers using middle men and re-distributors to get a figure earlier than the official western release date. In any case I know of any manufacturing defects/problems have been fixed by the North American (NA) release. And many people who have imported the Asian release to NA has had some difficulty in getting replacements. So in part NA buyers are responsible for their own difficulty in getting problems like this fixed due to circumventing the distribution cycle.

Didn't they already announce a recall and the North American Sideshow release was delayed in part to fix that problem (as well as the Japan tragedy)?

I was more concerned with shipping. Since Sideshow is located in California I would expect the shipment to possibly go through Japan on it's way east to Cali.

People in Japan are sick, homeless or dying... And you're worried about a toy shipment? Really?

Back