Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Mark IV but I might get the Mark VI because I hoped the IV would come with the flip up helmet that this one does.

I really like the VI but I don't need both.:thud:

hi guys
i am in uk and have both iv and vi , they are both superb figures , although normally you would be pleased to hear this , it does make the choice that much harder if you have to make one.
the finish is noticably different on the 2 models , the iv has an almost showroom finish with very clean lines. yes the vi has the gloss but also a dark shading on some of the cut lines , which gives it a darker hue (only slightly)
hot toys are very clever in the way they market these figures , there are must have reasons for both figures , for this reason i will hang on to both of them. i had 2 mark iv's and have just sold 1 , the mark vi i have was bought loose and i have a full set on the way , once you get this guy you will be torn how to display it , damaged version or not.
if you love the iv you will love the vi , in my opinion that is , the mechanics and design are incredible in both.
you will not go wrong with either of them

My problem with the rationale of comparing the comics to the movie figures is that the figures are for the movies only. You guys keep saying the IV will be the last classic iron man, but when I think classic I think of the Sideshow classic comiquette, the only "classic" thing I see in the IV is the reactor, and even then a circle doesn't necessarily warrant it as any more iron man than the VI. Reason I'm getting the VI over the IV is cause it reflects the best movie Iron Man in my opinion. Though only real big difference to me that makes the VI look less iron man than the IV is the silver paintjob. However the movie suit was based most on the extremis suit and the VI reminds me of it much more than the IV.

My problem with the rationale of comparing the comics to the movie figures is that the figures are for the movies only. You guys keep saying the IV will be the last classic iron man, but when I think classic I think of the Sideshow classic comiquette, the only "classic" thing I see in the IV is the reactor, and even then a circle doesn't necessarily warrant it as any more iron man than the VI. Reason I'm getting the VI over the IV is cause it reflects the best movie Iron Man in my opinion. Though only real big difference to me that makes the VI look less iron man than the IV is the silver paintjob. However the movie suit was based most on the extremis suit and the VI reminds me of it much more than the IV.

i quite agree with this

Well, the figures are designed to represent the movie of course but also give nods to matching aspects of the comics. So far these figures have done that. Which for me as fan of both versions of Iron Man has been fine.

Honestly, the suit in the comics isn't even the same anymore so they change it there (thankfully). So folks can have their own classic look with as much as Tony has changed things over the years.

p1010886.jpg

Only slightly related, only slightly~

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CRyLDZ8VHmo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Back