Hot Toys–MMS142-TRON: Legacy:Sam Flynn Cycle Spec +pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the worst thing is:
Still no response from Hot Toys. Actually I never got an answer of their customer support by now.

Damn. Sorry to hear that. HT better get on the stick and do right by their customers.

This is an expensive, supposedly high-end item, right?

And they had forever & a day to work out the kinks . . .

Perhaps it's another case of first-run production bugs.:dunno

Damn. Sorry to hear that. HT better get on the stick and do right by their customers.

This is an expensive, supposedly high-end item, right?

And they had forever & a day to work out the kinks . . .

Perhaps it's another case of first-run production bugs.:dunno

True, but I don't believe there will be another run. If I am not mistaken all were made/ shipped.

Fingers crossed! :wink1:

Try to carefully spin the rotatable wheels a little, (this seemed to change the LEDs flickering behaviour) - Just for you to make sure it doesnt start flickering once your warranty or your chance to get this thing replaced is gone :lecture

Good advise, will do. Richard from CSC inspected it, and installed the rider head for me. He said that there were no issues with the bike. So long as nothing happened in transit, it should work correctly. Then again I am not sure if he played with the wheels!!!!:gah:

All this frustration over a damn toy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have I lost my mind??

I finally got home, and did not hesitate to open this one up. After 1.5 years the day arrived........

First impression: Nicely packaged, with great care. Much like all the MMS series.

Quality: I was a bit put off by some reviews where owners said that the figure was "just rigid plastic.", and that the lightcycle felt "cheap." Let me me say that I feel the exact opposite. The cycle is not cheap, it is very large, and very well made. The figure although static for the most part feels like the Hot Toys quality one would expect. The head sculpt are right on point with Garrett Hedlund, and very well done.

Lighting: Dum, duh, dum dum dum........gloom and doom have been the reviews with various owners having issues. Thankfully I did not. Partly due to the fantastic service of Rich from CSC. Before shipping he inspected the figure, and all lighting elements, and even put the rider head on for me, since so many were complaining about how difficult i was to do. NO ISSUES thus far! It looks great!

For those that have not already purchased this piece, you WILL regret it! This thing is great, and I have NO complaints!

PS: It barely fits into a detloff sideways, so that gives you an idea of the size.

DSCN4654.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! That's him.
Really interested if anybody else has such problems or related problems with the LED lighting.

Also I'm very interested in Hot Toys answer, even though I actually never git an answer on any of my questions to their customer service by now. :dunno

hi hot toys will reply to you within 1week.

i did have a problem with spiderman (black) they did reply 4 day later and happy to repair it,

also got my tron other day and have same problem you have led front wheel!!:gah:

quick question guys. Might seem dumb, but what kind of batteries are needed for this? I initially took the "3A batteries are required" as Triple A Batteries, but now with this arriving tomorrow, I want to make sure I have or get the right batteries so I can check the lights ASAP. Call me a newb but I never heard of 3A battery and if that's what's required, could those of you who have this take a pic of the batteries you're using or link to a pic of the batteries, please?

Great pics, Kuzeh!

I just finished checking and setting mine up and it's damn impressive! All lights seem to be working fine

My only complaint if I can even call it that, is that I could not for the life of me get the bent leg off to check out the break leg.

I will say that from pics I was a bit bummed by how the body lights seemed very dim but in hand they're nice and bright.

I haven't tried putting the helmeted head on yet. I'll do that tomorrow. I am also very glad that it fits comfortably in Detolf. Was worried about that but there is some wiggle room which is nice.

Overall extremely happy to have this! So worth the wait, and so very badass! :rock

I might go back to my Legacy Sig and Avi just from sheer excitement :D

I have this at work and people can't stop looking at it! It really is an impressive piece. So happy I got it.

I finally received mine here is Oz. Was a bit worried about all the negative comments - with it shipping all over the world - but tested it this morning and I am happy to report all is good.
This is truly one amazing piece, Hot Toys have done a fantastic job with it.
Here are a few quick pics. Sorry about the quality, but I am no Picaso.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Back