Hot Toys–MMS142-TRON: Legacy:Sam Flynn Cycle Spec +pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mind the wait. I pre-ordered this way back when it was announced. Actually it was the first pre-order I ever made with Sideshow, and it was a flex order.

They have two payments from me so far.

As long as this thing turns out amazing, I'm fine with the delay. If it turns out to be crap, then I will be pissed off.

Cancelled, got my NRD back from Sideshow for the delays

As much as i want this I'm not hanging around until after a year from ordering for it to finally ship, especially while at least 15 figures announced afterwords and released beforehand have gone by unfazed.

I''m not rewarding them by padding their pockets after this absurd amount of delays, there's some Sideshow and 3A pieces i've been meaning to get

Bummer...
It sucks that things are most likely being delayed due to HT pushing for TDKR and Avengers... :(

Nah.... All the DXs (with exception of first two) were announced after this and theyve been released pretty much. Plus classic pred, iron man mk 5 n mk 2, spidey and goblin.

This is,delayed because they aren't producing it. Prob until there is a lull I'm mew figs. But with tdk, avengers amid others I don't foresee a lull soon.

Don't hold ur breath

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

One thing to keep in mind is among all the announced delays were a couple of Iron Man products. Whatever is going on appears to be across the board.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

keep your pre order money spend it on other stuff hot toys doesn't sell out anymore. when its released or you see in hand pics from Hong Kong order it from sideshow. save your money and save yourself the frustration. you have a one to two months before their product hits US shores; more than enough time make up your mind if this figure is worth it.

keep your pre order money spend it on other stuff hot toys doesn't sell out anymore. when its released or you see in hand pics from Hong Kong order it from sideshow. save your money and save yourself the frustration. you have a one to two months before their product hits US shores; more than enough time make up your mind if this figure is worth it.

:goodpost::exactly:

Tron stuff is not selling well. If you look at Sideshow's website you will notice that the Rinzler Maquette has now been limited to only 325. I suspect that is only because they old 325 pieces. Both Sideshow, and Hot Toys really missed the boat on this license.

Well this went up for order before the movie came out. I would imagine the amount of people that cancelled isn't that much so the interest in Tron stuff probably wouldn't be an issue. The delays are probably due to the complexity of the project and how Hot Toys is focusing more of their efforts on other more valuable projects.

It really hard to say based on the Rinzler maquette edition size. I remembe the Padme vs. Nexu diorama that Sideshow made. It had an edition size of 750 and took years to sell out. Star Wars has got to be its biggest money maker.
I think if the piece was in a pose more people were happy with it would have had better sales. I also think a Quorra would have been a better seller.

I'm a big Tron fan and I passed on it. I don't think the piece being Tron is the total reason or even a big reason why it possibly didn't sell well.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Switchability is probably hard to do on statue that lights up from top to bottom. But those would have been great options if they made it work.

Back