Hot Toys–DX 03- Michael Jackson 'Bad' spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last pic is definitely wow!

I just pulled this guy out of the shelf last night to put back into the box as we have to move soon, and it looks even better than I remembered up close.

This and the Zombie Thriller MJ figure are definitely some of the most fun to pose around with in my collection.

Update from Lalla @ OSW!!
Amazing!!!

Lalla said:
ubchongik_20111128233449_13768049_1.jpg

ubchongik_20111128233449_13768049_2.jpg

ubchongik_20111128233449_13768049_3.jpg

ubchongik_20111128233449_13768049_4.jpg

ubchongik_20111128233449_13768049_5.jpg

ubchongik_20111128233449_13768049_6.jpg

ubchongik_20111128233449_13768049_7.jpg

Renewal MJ.

My previous MJ's hair that I painted was totally off.

So, while I was getting some rest, I did this hair job again.

Thank you for watching.

<Custom Information>

- Base Head sculpture and costumes : HOT TOYS

- EYE Custom : Lalla

- Body Custom : Lalla

- Painting : Lalla

- Hair Implantation : Lalla

Idk what it is but something is really off. The giraffe neck aside, something about the hair repainted face looks weird.

The texture of the hair isn't right. His curls were thicker because of whatever styling product was used as pictured below. The custom hair here is too dry/thin. It has a very hair brushed look to it.
Michael+Jackson+Bad+Era.jpg

Also the neck does appear to be about a quarter of an inch too long.

Some things look better than the original one, like the cheekbones and such, but all in all i also find it off-looking and much prefer the Hot Toys one.

If you want it, I would say definitely. That's a better price than most paid when it first came out.

Thanks for the input guys! I'm really not into MJ but I heard his HT Bad version is now rare. I might grab him for that price :)

You should just use your money and buy something you like/into.

As theres no guarantee that it will be rare in the future, because HT seems to be remaking their old and rare figures as of late.

You should just use your money and buy something you like/into.

As theres no guarantee that it will be rare in the future, because HT seems to be remaking their old and rare figures as of late.

True. If the only reason you buy is for investment reasons...then you might not be a happy camper in the end.

What is a fair price for this guy? Wanted the smooth criminal version, but now that it's been canned, I might just have to look for this Bad version...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What is a fair price for this guy? Wanted the smooth criminal version, but now that it's been canned, I might just have to look for this Bad version...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the problem is that everyone will have your same plan which will cause the price of the DX03 to rise now that there will be no more MJ figs in the future.

Back