Hot Toys–DX 03- Michael Jackson 'Bad' spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4805243852_94b89865a8_b.jpg

Makes me think of the last shot of This Is It.

Which this is sort of on topic, but I don't feel as an MJ fan that a This Is It version should ever be made. I know some people right off the back are thinking :pfft: :cuckoo:. Hear me out. Michael was a perfectionist as I'm sure we all know and he would of never wanted us to see the This Is It tour rehearsals. He also wasn't in the best physical shape and I don't know if I want to remember him by that or commemorate it. While having more MJ Hot Toys is awesome and it might seem like a cool way to eventually close up the many eras and looks of MJ, it just doesn't seem right to me for a THIS IS IT MJ to ever be made.

how in the hell did they get THIS:
4801520015_0996569b89_o.jpg

FROM THIS?:
michael-jackson-billie-jean1.jpg

looks like some odd combination of 80s/90s mike and a random guy for good measure.

thriller one looks pretty cool though :wink1:

I'm not sure I see the problem. Looks better than their Thriller to me. Plus, Thriller has the wrong color shirt on!

there's just something about the figures face that doesn't seem very billie jean to me at all.

thought the thriller one looks a little bit cooler for what it is, a cheap mj collectible still not great but worth a pick up.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ghek7WU47Qo&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ghek7WU47Qo&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Full Review coming soon.:)

Heh! I don't know why but the way you're shaking actually compliments the video and soundtrack. It really fits well together. It's like you're jigging with the beat from time to time after the Speed Demon chase. Did you edit the soundtrack to take the singing out or is there software for killing any singing?

Heh! I don't know why but the way you're shaking actually compliments the video and soundtrack. It really fits well together. It's like you're jigging with the beat from time to time after the Speed Demon chase. Did you edit the soundtrack to take the singing out or is there software for killing any singing?

I chose the intermental track because i thought it would have a better chance of not getting muted by that youtube copyright rubbish:lol ....It worked!:)

Ah, good choice even just for the vid itself!

Ya it came out pretty well, and a bit of lyrics at the end was a nice surprise.:) ..rotary base will be arriving soon, so i will be almost ready to start filming the proper review..should have it up in a few days.:)

Yeah, really odd choice they went with. But oh well, I'm just going to have to futz his shirts to hide it.

Makes me think of the last shot of This Is It.

Which this is sort of on topic, but I don't feel as an MJ fan that a This Is It version should ever be made. I know some people right off the back are thinking :pfft: :cuckoo:. Hear me out. Michael was a perfectionist as I'm sure we all know and he would of never wanted us to see the This Is It tour rehearsals. He also wasn't in the best physical shape and I don't know if I want to remember him by that or commemorate it. While having more MJ Hot Toys is awesome and it might seem like a cool way to eventually close up the many eras and looks of MJ, it just doesn't seem right to me for a THIS IS IT MJ to ever be made.

I understand the sentiment, but damn do I want a Mj in the suit and red shirt, with a extra set of clothing. The 'Heal the World' jacket and gold pants preferably. I think a 'This Is It ' figure is inevitable, and a proper closer.
michael_jackson%20(12).jpg

Michael%2BJackson%2B%2B%2BThis%2BIs%2BIt.png

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ghek7WU47Qo&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ghek7WU47Qo&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Full Review coming soon.:)

:thud: Man, that figure looks good. My friend's getting one for me next week. I can't wait to add it to my detolf.

-Joe

Thank the estate/ family for that.

I don't think so. I think the line is meant to be GI Joe/Barbie-like, not some sort of high-end detail-filled figure. It's cheesy and old fashioned, yes, certainly, but that to me is much of the appeal. I'm pretty the vintage/retro angle is what they're going for and that's what I think you see there...

My 'Bad' figure arrived today. I'm very happy with it. I'd say it's my favourite figure I own after the Enterbay Kato, it's just really very nice looking. The only criticism I have is the neck joint, which I think has been mentioned a few times before. I think though if I can flatten the shirt collar a little the joint wont be so visible. The other thing is this is my first DX figure and I'm surprised by how cheap the stand is. From pictures I was imagining the DX stands were heavy and solid, made of some sort of metal, but in person these to me seem to be just flimsy plastic squares, cheap-looking from the lights to the the nameplate (mine is glued on slightly uneven, for one). It brings to mind a Happy Meal toy more than anything. Maybe when I get batteries for the lights I will feel different but right now I can definitely understand why people say they'd prefer to have just a regular stand.

Half the time the nameplate isn't even on the darn thing!

I think they look nice, but feel meh.

This one

4805217366_245e3e9fa4_b.jpg

Looks about perfect..the stare is really MJ, how he looks. I noticed on other pictures that a few small things can change so much, other pics ive seen , i thought...this doesn't look as much as MJ as other pics. I think it has to do with the eyes ,where they are pointed at.

Got a short break at work, so spent a bit of time to get a cool pose with the Dirty Diana look, swinging a mic stand (got it from my HT Wong Ka Kui figure). Just when everything is ready, and about to take a quick snap and share my excitement, I just realized I left my camera home. DOH!

With the Dirty Diana shirt, shoulder movement is not restrictive, and can come up with very nice pose. Though like other shirts and jacket on this figure, the shoulder cutting is also a bit on the small side (not big enough to wrap the shirt around MJ's torso and close the buttons), making MJ's shoulder not as square as he looks in video. Seems like the costume design on this figure particularly want to modernize the fitment of the outfits, rather than get the 80s baggy look that MJ supposed to have back then. If the shoulder seam brings out another 1/8" or 3/16" on each side, it would be perfect! So with what it is now, you may need to spread out MJ's shoulder a bit more to look better with the white shirt. Also, you don't really need to take off all the belts to change the shirts. I only unbuckled the first thick belt, then use something with a round tip (MJ's finger pointing hand) and tug the shirt through the belts into the pants. Not hard to do and can get it in place fairly quick. I like having the white outer shirt a bit wrinkly and sticking up on the back, as if its being blown by wind (just like in the MV). Fun stuff. While simple, the Dirty Diana accessories seems to be a pretty effective alternative look for this release. I am enjoying it for sure.

"Dirty Diana! No~!..." :yess:

Got a short break at work, so spent a bit of time to get a cool pose with the Dirty Diana look, swinging a mic stand (got it from my HT Wong Ka Kui figure). Just when everything is ready, and about to take a quick snap and share my excitement, I just realized I left my camera home. DOH!

With the Dirty Diana shirt, shoulder movement is not restrictive, and can come up with very nice pose. Though like other shirts and jacket on this figure, the shoulder cutting is also a bit on the small side (not big enough to wrap the shirt around MJ's torso and close the buttons), making MJ's shoulder not as square as he looks in video. Seems like the costume design on this figure particularly want to modernize the fitment of the outfits, rather than get the 80s baggy look that MJ supposed to have back then. If the shoulder seam brings out another 1/8" or 3/16" on each side, it would be perfect! So with what it is now, you may need to spread out MJ's shoulder a bit more to look better with the white shirt. Also, you don't really need to take off all the belts to change the shirts. I only unbuckled the first thick belt, then use something with a round tip (MJ's finger pointing hand) and tug the shirt through the belts into the pants. Not hard to do and can get it in place fairly quick. I like having the white outer shirt a bit wrinkly and sticking up on the back, as if its being blown by wind (just like in the MV). Fun stuff. While simple, the Dirty Diana accessories seems to be a pretty effective alternative look for this release. I am enjoying it for sure.

"Dirty Diana! No~!..." :yess:

Thanks for the write up, but would love to see pictures :p

Back