Hot Toys–DX 03- Michael Jackson 'Bad' spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only people whining about this figure aren't buying it... :dunno
the ones that are buying it, are really happy with the choice...
You call it a mistake, I call it a Bingo!

Who is whining about the figure? :dunno

All I see are poeple making logical comments that it does not warrant a DX release.

Who is whining about the figure? :dunno

All I see are poeple making logical comments that it does not warrant a DX release.

There's no logic behind it... it's a DX because HT wants to call it a DX...
that's it...
I don't care if they call it "DX", "Super-DX" or "Ultimate-Ultra-Mega DX"... figure rocks IMO! :yess:

Besides, we already had this discussion a few pages back...

There is logic behind it. This figure is stipidly light on accessories and 'new features' for it to be labelled as a DX. Could easily, and should have been, sold as a standard MMS.

The Thriller version has more bang for your buck.

I never called into question whether the figure 'rocked' or not. Looks to be a great HT figure.

I am not sure why this figure is a DX besides the accessories, but man does it look great! I understand some of the criticisms about the sculpt but I actually think this is one of Hot Toys better headsculpts. It is DEFINTELY the most sccurate MJ sculpt.

In the music video he pulls a allot of different looks ..so the pers will help in that sense ..and if having pers means its a taken a dx slot.. well so be it ..i do feel bad 4 those who would have wanted 2 have something better suited to the dx treatment ..but speaking 4 myself im glad it was this figure!

Could this be out at the end of the month??

Re: Hot Toys–DX 03- Michael Jackson 'Bad' spec and pics

DX or Regular release,does it really matter?It`s not like HT is postponing a possible Ironman DX,Superman Reeve DX,Predator DX or whatever,DX-03 is not a replacement for one of those above if HT are planning those,they will come sooner or later anyway.
I don`t understand all the hate towards this just because it lacks on accessories and calls it a DX,see it as another figure...DX or not,doesn`t matter :)

I have a feeling this figure is very close now,i think i will have it in hand by the end of May :yess:

DX or Regular release,does it really matter?It`s not like HT is postponing a possible Ironman DX,Superman Reeve DX,Predator DX or whatever,DX-03 is not a replacement for one of those above if HT are planning those,they will come sooner or later anyway.
I don`t understand all the hate towards this just because it lacks on accessories and calls it a DX,see it as another figure...DX or not,doesn`t matter :)

I have a feeling this figure is very close now,i think i will have it in hand by the end of May :yess:

I think its all about Patience ..if the dx03 had been something most people would have wanted ..say a reeves supes ..it would almost be out by now.
I think we all can agree that reeves,rambo,ironman dx ..there all gonna be made...but people tend to want the next dx to be the one they were hoping 4 ..waiting on figures is a painful thing:impatient::gah: ..but hopefully like u said this could be out by the end of may:yess::clap:clap:clap

I think its all about Patience ..if the dx03 had been something most people would have wanted ..say a reeves supes ..it would almost be out by now.
I think we all can agree that reeves,rambo,ironman dx ..there all gonna be made...but people tend to want the next dx to be the one they were hoping 4 ..waiting on figures is a painful thing:impatient::gah: ..but hopefully like u said this could be out by the end of may:yess::clap:clap:clap

Just curious... what makes you think Rambo would be a DX? I'm jut wondering because It doesn't seem to be a particularly hot license or a currently relevant choice. Iron man it would seem so on principal but to be honest with all the IM figures they already did I don't think there's much left to do. Reeves could be a good choice yes as a Clark hybrid.

As a choice for DX I have no beef with michael... I just think they skimped the hell out on it and it does not justify the price point for a DX.

Re: Hot Toys–DX 03- Michael Jackson 'Bad' spec and pics

Just curious... what makes you think Rambo would be a DX? I'm jut wondering because It doesn't seem to be a particularly hot license or a currently relevant choice. Iron man it would seem so on principal but to be honest with all the IM figures they already did I don't think there's much left to do. Reeves could be a good choice yes as a Clark hybrid.

As a choice for DX I have no beef with michael... I just think they skimped the hell out on it and it does not justify the price point for a DX.

When DX Joker was announced,a Toy Magazine in Hong Kong had an article about Hot Toys and their next Dx Releases,Dx 02 batman was there,so was Rocky AND Rambo.

They should atleast give him some sorta display background thingy like mech test and godfather got ..underground car park theme with "bad" spray painted on it.

Im really looking forward 2 this figure!!

Last edited:
Or at least something like this:

22044_338917787824_171015147824_3654235_5404194_n.jpg

I find this really strange. It just does not look like MJ. Thats ok because it is an amazing piece of work. The problem is that its so good that it looks like someone else?! Hard to explain what I mean, it looks like a totally realistic guy who is not MJ. Anyone get me?

I find this really strange. It just does not look like MJ. Thats ok because it is an amazing piece of work. The problem is that its so good that it looks like someone else?! Hard to explain what I mean, it looks like a totally realistic guy who is not MJ. Anyone get me?

Not at all, i'm sorry...but this one looks damn accurate, pretty damn incredible, except or the eyes , that alot of people here talked about..it's very very good. Oh and the skin tone might be a bit darker.

Not at all, i'm sorry...but this one looks damn accurate, pretty damn incredible, except or the eyes , that alot of people here talked about..it's very very good. Oh and the skin tone might be a bit darker.

What? its damn accurate :Except for the eyes and skin color:
You're funny!:lol

Everything is great ..but his jaw just needs to be smaller, theres some pics a few post back that shows how it should be .. but i have no real problem with they eyes myself.

Think HT have realised this as they said that 'everyone should be happy with the choice for DX-04'. Due to the complaints on this.

Lets just hope that doesnt mean more Iron Man. No problem with Iron Man but its all we get lately!

I think this fig looks great, not for me by a long shot but its looks great.

Back