Hot Toys–DX 03- Michael Jackson 'Bad' spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank The Lord!
Someone else thinks so!

It's Mangabad MJ!
:rolleyes:

:lol:lol

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/cgd5OQy0nhI&hl=es_ES&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/cgd5OQy0nhI&hl=es_ES&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

:D

I can see what you guys mean....maybe just maybe they want MJ to look kinda asian? :). I don't mind it that much though..this is their best MJ yet by far, i am incredibly impressed.

can't wait to have my hands on this one.
someone who got more news on updates, accesoires, pictures, ... ?

I can see what you guys mean....maybe just maybe they want MJ to look kinda asian? :). I don't mind it that much though..this is their best MJ yet by far, i am incredibly impressed.

Yeah, I agree, 100% buying it. But I really hope they improve the face a little on the final non-prototype version. It is almost perfect.
:D

But if they start 'improving' it, it might end up look all different than this, the Billie jean and Thriller ones are a good example of that. If it was up to me..i'd say,..yo HT, don't change a thing. Just add some stuff. ;)

"Hello,

Thanks for your interest in Hot Toys products!

For your reference, please visit the information as below and this item will be available around Q2, 2010

https://www.hottoys.com.hk/index.php?target=products&product_id=500

Please keep visit our official website for getting our most updated news!
Thanks!

Best regards,
SA/ Hot Toys Ltd."

Pfff, standard answers suck! I asked for news on the microphone stand or other accesoires :banghead

It's Q2?

So little to no news at all....surprising. How did this go for the Billie Jean and Thriller one...i mean, in terms of updates with photos and all?

Pretty much the same...
Some prototype pics are shown, a few days later, official pics and specs are released, The following week, maybe some additional shots, and displayed @ Toy Hunters.
Then about 4-6 months until the figure is released, maybe a few updated production pictures before release.

I think we'll see this figure around June-July...

Just found this @ OSW
Thanks to ShiGuangYu:

201035121144661.jpg

201035121148125.jpg

201035121153942.jpg

201035121219237.jpg

201035121224366.jpg

Seems like it includes the Mic at least...

This sculpt still looks very Asian to me!!!...it isn't Michael at all...as you have said it looks like a MJ Asian impresionator...why??

Asian? I don't really think it looks very Asian...but maybe thats just me. Maybe Hot Toys does this on purpose..maybe they want the MJ figure to be slightly asian looking, lol. I dont know. But i am happy with as it is, personally.

I think it is fantastic, but it really does look like an asian MJ impersonator. Many pages back I photoshopped the eyes a little wider and it is absolutely right, its painful to say, so close and yet so far. His eyes were much rounder at this stage of his life. One minor tweak and this would be the definitive MJ. happy yet sad..

Yes, He still has the problem of the Asian look. I think, looking at this pic. that the face of the prototype tends to be elongated and the eyes are small. The chin is somewhat stretched :rolleyes:

Bad-michael-jackson-7647459-787-1344.jpg

Edit: This is I means with this photoshopped pic with the changes I would make on the sculpt

4538421235_6c6aa6624c_o.jpg

Last edited:
The distance between the bottom of his ear and bottom of his chin, under his ear, is where the real difference shows, so the above photo manipulation still needs to be corrected.

You take the above pics and shrink them down 75%, to the actual size it will be in 1/6th scale and the differences would be hardly perceptible.

Back