Hot Toys–DX 03- Michael Jackson 'Bad' spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a chance they made smaller batches for MJ Bad! after their Thriller mistake of making too many.

But i don't think i have to be afraid of this one selling out anytime soon. The Thriller one didn't get sold out neither, only the Billie Jean one.

Dude...there may not be many of these made..i mean especially after hot toys seeing our reaction to its announcement, i don't think it went down very well, and hot toys over produced the thriller figure and thats why its still available...so i don't think there going to make the same mistake twice.
I say once you can afford it, pick one up straight away..this may become a rare one.

^^I dont see how the fandoms reaction to the initial annoucement would 'cause them to produce less. If they would produce based off of how this board/other fans-sites react when a figure is first announced they would "under-produce" every figure. Upon the release of the first spec pics for every figure people always b*tch & nitpick about something. Its always about how their not interested in the figure as a whole or the head-sculpt/outfit isn't perfect, so I dont see why HT would specifically slack on the production of a MJ figure simply because of how its first received...

Check out the first few pages of just about every figure spec thread here on this board, facebook, other sites. The first pages always consist of nothing but whining. So why would they single Mike out & not produce alot of his likeness 'cause of what the fans say; considering they butcher the annoucement of every fig the same....!

^^I dont see how the fandoms reaction to the initial annoucement would 'cause them to produce less. If they would produce based off of how this board/other fans-sites react when a figure is first announced they would "under-produce" every figure. Upon the release of the first spec pics for every figure people always b*tch & nitpick about something. Its always about how their not interested in the figure as a whole or the head-sculpt/outfit isn't perfect, so I dont see why HT would specifically slack on the production of a MJ figure simply because of how its first received...

Check out the first few pages of just about every figure spec thread here on this board, facebook, other sites. The first pages always consist of nothing but whining. So why would they single Mike out & not produce alot of his likeness 'cause of what the fans say; considering they butcher the annoucement of every fig the same....!

When i say first reaction i refer to the figure choice and not the figure itself ..and i believe most collectors still feel annoyed that this fig used up a dx slot.
..and this thread was always dead and almost like a ghost town..that indicates to me at least that the figure ain't that popular among most collectors..so ya i really do see small amounts being produced of this figure.

Dude...there may not be many of these made..i mean especially after hot toys seeing our reaction to its announcement, i don't think it went down very well, and hot toys over produced the thriller figure and thats why its still available...so i don't think there going to make the same mistake twice.
I say once you can afford it, pick one up straight away..this may become a rare one.

How long until they are sold out do you think? Is there any estimation on that? Cause at the moment i reaaaalllly can't get one. My financial status ain't nothing to be happy about right now.

Yeah. The reaction on the few 1/6 boards I frequent is much more quiet than any of the major HT releases I have seen. There are only so few of us that either bought the figure or anticipating/interested in buying. Especially being a DX. So either there are just not much appetite for MJ figures anymore, or they really don't like this release.

At the same time though, reaction for the T-800 seemed to me greater than any other figure and yet that seemed to be not so big a run, selling out at most places within a very short time. I don't think then that 'reaction' to a release should be taken as any indication of the production run or else surely we would've been flooded with T-800s. As well, I really can't imagine this board being any influence on how Hot Toys conducts business matters. I'm pretty sure the market is a little bigger than 50 - 100 Hot Toys 'die hard' sorts that frequent here...

The run on this figure I would guess is probably something similar to Aldo Raine or Sarah Connor, which seemed to disappear within a pretty short time, a month or so. I don't know really though, I'm just making an uneducated guess here.

Well no matter how long this fig sticks around for a reasonable price we sure as hell ain't gonna be flooded with them..especially after all those thriller Mj figures lol ..i always though that fig would become super rare, i guess not..but maybe in time ..to go against my name these figure runs all have there limit.

At the same time though, reaction for the T-800 seemed to me greater than any other figure and yet that seemed to be not so big a run, selling out at most places within a very short time. I don't think then that 'reaction' to a release should be taken as any indication of the production run or else surely we would've been flooded with T-800s. As well, I really can't imagine this board being any influence on how Hot Toys conducts business matters. I'm pretty sure the market is a little bigger than 50 - 100 Hot Toys 'die hard' sorts that frequent here...

The run on this figure I would guess is probably something similar to Aldo Raine or Sarah Connor, which seemed to disappear within a pretty short time, a month or so. I don't know really though, I'm just making an uneducated guess here.

The T-800 wave is said to have been a larger than normal production run and they're doing a second wave this fall because of its immense popularity. Just fyi.

Yeah. The reaction on the few 1/6 boards I frequent is much more quiet than any of the major HT releases I have seen.

Which 1/6 boards are you on?

The T-800 wave is said to have been a larger than normal production run and they're doing a second wave this fall because of its immense popularity. Just fyi.

I *may* pick up another then when I see what comes with the battle damaged one.

Which 1/6 boards are you on?

Medi World, OneSixthWarriors, Toy World & Toysdaily from HK. Not a lot going on with all these sites, even though the figure is out. There are some posts with photos (the ones that end up re-linked here every now & then). But there is hardly any discussion.

Gt this today it is sooooo nice. I love it.

Gonna sell my Billie Jean because I have no need for 15 michael jacksons. Although it is nice to have the complete michael color spectrum ;)

picture11c.png

picture9d.png

picture5wb.png

Still holding out for the new DX reveal, but if it's something I'm not interested in (looking more and more likely), I'm considering picking this figure up.

Still can't decide though.

It's an amazing figure for sure. And if I was going to get an MJ figure, this would be the one for me (grew up listening to Bad and Dangerous).

For some reason, I'm still on the fence though. Not even sure why.

I think I came in here for some convincing.... As if the photos in this thread weren't enough of that :D

Gt this today it is sooooo nice. I love it.

Gonna sell my Billie Jean because I have no need for 15 michael jacksons. Although it is nice to have the complete michael color spectrum ;)

I agree.

Sold mine few weeks ago, got some coins in my pocket too :lol

Besides, I'm guessing the sculpts for the next MJs is gonna get better and more accurate compared to the billie jean/history version.

Have the people who ordered from Loonten Toys gotten their figures yet? I wrote to him on July 14th and he said he had just gotten them that day. Two weeks later and I still have not gotten it in Florida. Should I be worried? :(

Back