Hot Toys– Clash of the Titans: Perseus Spec and pics -LINK TO BUY IN FIRST POST!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys– Clash of the Titans: Perseus Spec and pics

So the legs are rubber or are they sculpted like the (Wolverine) arms? It looks rather like the later (and I hope they are).

It says rubber legs. But I don't know why they couldn't make those plastic like the wolverine arms. They put a joint in at the knee though. I don't see why the legs would need to be rubber though. The plastic wolverine arms work just fine. The only spot on the legs that would need to be rubber to allow for more movement would be the crotch. And that is covered up (thankfully) by the skirt anyway so the legs could just go right up to a regular TT crotch. No need for them to go up to a sculpted butt and junk.

And it says he has muscle arms but doesn't say anything about the torso. So since it is covered up, I wonder if we will get a normal TT torso there? If that was the case, then he could be the best blend of exposed limts while retaining get mobility. I just hope they switch the rubber legs to plastic ones (or that that was just a typo to begin with).

hell yeah that look freaking sweet :rock :rock will purchase this for sure although i do wish they give him the sword that Zeus gave him in the movie

The figure look absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, I like many others am not impressed with the film nor character so it will likely be a pass.

Man it looks great! I was hoping HT would pull through after the unimpressive teaser pic and they did...

...but dammit why'd the movie have to suck? it kills my desire to own this figure.

After seeing these pics I must say that I am pleasantly surprised by what Hot Toys has done with this figure.
It looks great!! The muscled arms and legs look awesome and the healdsculpt looks very good too. Pretty decent accessories as well! HT did a great job again!

Now, I haven't seen the movie yet (probably going to this Sunday), so I haven't decided if I want this fig on my shelf :)

I'm glad they did the new sculpt, and I like the determined look they gave him. But in this case I might have preferred a more dynamic expression. A 2nd screaming head might have sealed the deal for me.

That medusa head is awesome.

Once Avatar drops, does that give Sam Worthington the most Hot Toys figures from different movies?

well technically Bale was in Begins, Dark Knight and Termination ____vation. He almost ruined two of those movies and ruined one.:rolleyes::D

wow! that has to be thee most accurate sculpt from hot toys so far. . sweet figure.

Awesome! Now how would one go about putting this headsculpt on marcus because perseus doesnt have a sculpted neck?

clash_of_the_titan_us.jpg

clash_of_the_titans_shield.jpg

Clash-of-the-Titans-Photo-2.jpg

HT_COTT_Perseus_PR15.jpg

The shoulder pads are too close to the neck and they aren't raised up enough + don't stick out enough. The tunic is way too short and the neck looks too long as well. Here's a quick mod to show what I mean:

perseusmod.jpg

Really easy fixes. I think the new head sculpt looks great. Can't really tell that it's new until you see the Backstage pic. :lol

Good mods. Shouldn't be too difficult for HT to fix. Hope they do.

HT_COTT_Perseus_PR9.jpg

HT_COTT_Perseus_PR10.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Probably only i would notice this but one of his eyes is larger then the other. Figure looks awsome though.

need to fix the shoes too:rotfl

Must have.....HT did a very good job on the head sculpt. There are a few discrepancies between the sculpt and Sam. Wonder if Sideshow will do one I would love to see Trevor's work on a Sam Worthington figure.

That looks pretty damn cool... still likely a pass as I was not a fan of the movie.

But I don't think they could have done a better job on the figure. Although I wonder if they'll revise the Medusa head as that look is not really appropriate for the severed head.

Although I wonder if they'll revise the Medusa head as that look is not really appropriate for the severed head.

I asked my hubby about the head because I thought she should have the more peaceful humanish look and he told me that she looked like that when her "power" was released on the Cracken so I guess that is what they were going for.

The detail on the face is amazing from the contours of the face to the paint apps. Truly awesome.

Yeah, it's actually kinda creepy how realistic their headsculpts can be. Granted, this is a proto, but still.

This has probably been mentioned but I'd like to see them dirty up his arms and legs to match the face. Especially after seeing the stills from the last page. He looks about as clean as Bruce Willis at the end of Die Hard.

I haven't seen the movie yet bu the figure looks good. I might pick it up..

Back