Hot Toys– Clash of the Titans: Perseus Spec and pics -LINK TO BUY IN FIRST POST!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys– Clash of the Titans: Perseus Spec and pics

Wow that looks amazing. Haven't seen the movie yet though, and probably won't until bluray now. Too many other properties to get - going to pass on this one.

should have come with the magic sword as well.

Perseus Wright :D

PerceusWright.jpg

PerceusWrightgoxfigure.jpg

Well they must have been aware of all the negativity to put him side by side with Marcus. Never seen them do that before? It's like "look, really! it's a new sculpt!" Guess they do read these threads.

The figure? Better, much better.

I doubt that. The tease was just that, a quick thrown together tease to go with the release of the movie.

Nice, but that head is definately too reserved. He could use some more weapons too, like the sword Zeus gave him.

I do hope this isn't a one of figure though. I'd love Zeus, Hades, Medusa and maybe even a downscaled Kraken figure.

There is something that fails, I believe that raising more the top bellow the tip of the nose to make her broader and to raise something more the chin it would remain better.

4504640787_85873fe572_o.jpg
sam-worthington---wire_370x370.jpg

4504703573_b8371bffd7_o.jpg

Last edited:

Damn, this figure is amazing.

I really want this guy, but since the movie wasn't that great I don't think I'll pick him up.

I'm liking it more from the new pics. If I got one that head has to go, no self respecting ancient Greek would go around with a Eunuch's haircut.

Wow, very nice figure. Love the new body too, it creates possibilities (Gladiator FTW! ).
Might not get the whole fig though, since I'm not really a big fan of Sam Borington :rolleyes:

:chew

My thoughts exactly. I haven't seen the movie yet and I'm really not too interested in it, but the figure looks awesome!

And that body has tons of possibilities...Maximus here I come:banana

Looks good unfortunatly the films a steamin pile of ...... so I likely wont pick this up, loving the maximus custom ideas tho!

The figure looks nice. I like the new legs as well.

But do you guys think we're taking a couple of steps back with these bodies since they inhibit articulation? We're getting rid of the double elbow and knee joints in favor of look and detail. Now the figures can't bend their arms and legs more than 90°, which takes away from one of the appealing aspects of these high-end figures: their poseability. I wish they didn't have to sacrifice that for the sculpted limbs.

Personally for these kinds of figures with exposed limbs I'm all about trying to hide the joints and make them as real looking as possible.

I don't really mind the slight articulation loss if they gain a substantial aesthetic appeal. It adds to the realism and believability that these can be real 1/6 scale people.

It's different with figures that have the joints all covered up, then I'm all for poseability. But otherwise, I don't think I'd be interested in any of the figures with exposed joints if they were just regular true-type bodies. Looks too cheesy and toyish to me.

I mean would you want a 300 King Leonidas just on a true-type without a sculpted body?? I wouldn't. It would look stupid.

Plus look at the Wolvie body, that in my opinion is an advancement and a compromise for those who both want articulation and aesthetic appeal.

For the moment theres not much that can be done about the articulation on these 'sculpted' bodies. Its about trying to meet in the middle with regards to accuracy and articulation, I personally think Hot Toys are doing a great job with their bodies and I'm happy to sacrifice a little articulation for realistic looking bodies. Having said that id bend over backwards for a 1/6th body that fufils both needs :D

I like the new body and so many kitbash possibilties with it.... I hope they make a second headsculpt with a better expression.

I saw the movie, it was good, not GREAT!

That medusa head is awesome.

Once Avatar drops, does that give Sam Worthington the most Hot Toys figures from different movies?

So the legs are rubber or are they sculpted like the (Wolverine) arms? It looks rather like the later (and I hope they are).

That's definitely true about the exposed joints. Figures with so much exposed skin do not work with the regular bodies.

I'm just hoping for the day that, like bullet said, they are able to do both: look good and pose well.

Back