Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's 78, they're just waitin' for the license to go cheaper.

image.jpg

How could you changed his hair?It looks way better

I commissioned a fellow board member here called Skiman. He did a great job indeed. He added sculptuing epoxy to the hair and sculpted the hair to match closer to the film, then painted. He also repainted the eyebrows to give it a more Nicholson hooked eyebrow looks. Purple eye shadow was also added.

That's custom hat, Did you make it yourself? The brim is definitely better than the the stock one, but the crown looks to be undersized a bit. I'd like to see more pics if you have them. Way back when this figure firsy came out a few of us tried to commission a more accurate hat but we couldn't find anyone that wanted to do it. :lol

You too can own this incredible set. :wave

:D

View attachment 223170

Always good stuff from Coco. :) I've seen your Bob about a thousand times but I don't think I've ever asked you about him. Could you tell us more about him? Did you make the sculpt? Is the jacket 100% custom or is it one that can be found on the market modified with a Joker patch? Looks like the rest i.e. pants, shoes, belt, knife and shirt can be found fairly easy on ebay or other 1/6 sites.

Not to be a stickler, but branding wise, you're going to want your name to be the larger more noticeable font instead of "PHOTOGRAPHY"
If you prefer it that way, though, coo
OK thanks for the tip

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Seriously, does anyone really think we're going to get another DX Jack Joker? After the lackluster sales of the Mime figure, not to mention all of the MCU, SW OT and TFA and BvS and Suicide Squad figures that either are being or will be developed?

Sometimes, I really hate HT's logic. Jack got the same shaft that West Batman did, as far as I'm concerned. They make the stupidest damn decisions and then use that as their justification for how a property isn't viable, and it's just colossal bull****. I like Mime Joker, too, but you don't think sales would've been better had it been Mob Scene Joker, Museum Joker, Commercial Joker, or one of the numerous other potential variants that appeared for more than 30 seconds? I still hope they try to do something else for '66 since the general consensus is that the "comic book" variant Batman is just ****ing stupid.:lol

An art museum Joker should of been the choice instead of the "Uncle Bingo" mime Joker. One flesh toned head, and one melting head.

An art museum Joker should of been the choice instead of the "Uncle Bingo" mime Joker. One flesh toned head, and one melting head.
The outfit would be the same as the DX08 Joker - only with a beret and a little flesh colored paint added. I think it would be hard to justify a whole new release for that. The Heath Ledger Jokers got 'version 2.0's' released, so I guess they would have to call it a 'version 2.0' with an interchangeable head. But honestly I think the original DX08 release is still excellent and that would be unnecessary.

i missed out on the DX08 Joker but have been more than happy with my DX14 Joker. I think they managed to improve the headsculpt of Nicholson on the DX14 (even if slightly because the DX08 is still obviously great). And I love the mime outfit and that scene in the movie. It also has excellent box art.

I also missed out on the DX09 Keaton Batman so I'm thrilled about the new Batman Returns release - which is even better than the DX09 in my opinion.

The outfit would be the same as the DX08 Joker - only with a beret and a little flesh colored paint added. I think it would be hard to justify a whole new release for that. The Heath Ledger Jokers got 'version 2.0's' released, so I guess they would have to call it a 'version 2.0' with an interchangeable head. But honestly I think the original DX08 release is still excellent and that would be unnecessary.

i missed out on the DX08 Joker but have been more than happy with my DX14 Joker. I think they managed to improve the headsculpt of Nicholson on the DX14 (even if slightly because the DX08 is still obviously great). And I love the mime outfit and that scene in the movie. It also has excellent box art.

I also missed out on the DX09 Keaton Batman so I'm thrilled about the new Batman Returns release - which is even better than the DX09 in my opinion.

I didn't realize it was the same outfit until I watched the video, but yes you're correct. Sure it would be hard to justify it, but considering how poorly the Mime sold, I'm sure a more improved Jack would of been welcomed. I like the DX08 a lot, but my biggest issue with it is the cheap hat. They should've of made it fabric.

The fact is that Jack wore the same outfit, or a derivation of it, quite a bit, but that doesn't mean there isn't potential for cool variants. Honestly, part of me would've loved to see TV Commercial Jack with his Beach chair, "sunny" backdrop, handkerchief, seagulls, and sunglasses:

jack_nicholson_1989_01_01.jpg

He could also come with his shopping cart full of assorted "Joker" brand products, "love that Joker" girl cardboard standees, and a grocery aisle on the flipside of the backdrop:

jokershopping.jpg

I think Mob scene Joker could've been awesome, too. One full "flesh" colored sculpt, one with the white smudge on his forehead, the Joybuzzer, the handkerchief, and Rotelli's charred corpse in his chair.

The thing is, Hot Toys isn't that creative with their figures anymore, especially ones from older, classic licenses. There's so many "cool ideas" that they could implement or include that they just don't anymore.

All those things for the Joker would be quite cheap to do too. A beret, different ties, and other paraphernalia would have been a lot cheaper than sculpting a huge base of the City Hall steps with a low-res, cheapo background. :lol

Back