Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got him up and posed. Still deciding on what accessories to use and what final pose to go with. Love this Joker. Detail is wonderful. [emoji851]
9975f9d927cd31c511df44a53be467e1.jpg
022855d09b0f39d3b6859fc91788c899.jpg
31b88951462f0913b2c01329ad69b1b0.jpg
bc5fd903e54731bee0d8f6e44240d68a.jpg
54985d9fd9ec808cf59d018d63d04c53.jpg
7d6da06d861c77427a4c350f8b038690.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I missed the boat on this figure and cannot justify the second market prices at this time. Might be a good thing as having it displayed with a Returns Batman figure might drive me crazy anyway

Took this pic not long after I got the fig 2 or 3 years ago. Just checked the fig now & he is in the same pose.:lol

DSCF3036.jpg

Nice. I'm debating getting the Keaton/Batman set. A buddy and I were discussing how we wished the sculpt on Keaton was a little better.

Yeah I missed the boat on this figure and cannot justify the second market prices at this time. Might be a good thing as having it displayed with a Returns Batman figure might drive me crazy anyway
I'm getting the Batman Returns Batman and would display this Joker with him. The suit isn't that different that it would bother me. Never had the DX09 Batman.

A couple of pics I took with 89 Bats & Returns Bats with Joker.

DSCF4368_zpsqj01pzog.jpg

DSCF4369_zps3yokskio.jpg

You can pick up a DX09 for about £250, Returns Bats can still be picked up for about £180.
The rubber suit on my DX09 is still in great condition, no cracking etc but the body underneath, its joints are too flimsy and just gets pushed back by the rubber suit. The Returns Batman has no such problem, hence you can pose the Returns figure quite well but cant really get the DX09 in any sort of pose other then standing up with arms by his side.

Maybe just get the new Returns Batman figure, the Bruce Wayne is a bit of a let down imo.

Yeah I'm thinking just the new Returns Bats is good enough. I also decided to give Nicholson the royal treatment. And stuffed all the accessories in there too. [emoji23]
5d73eaf6c0e2ce3d3ab2e0ab4dcc160c.jpg

I think I am going to sell my Joker. I've had it since he was released but have never really liked him. The snaps are cheap, the trench coat is too small, the hat hair is awful, the face sculpt is weak, the head seam looks terrible, the ankles on mine are super loose, it has no useful left hands, the hat is too small, lame display stand is lame, and the packaging kind of sucks too.

I'm just not a fan. I think the only reason I have kept him for so long is because the likelihood of us ever getting another Nicholson Joker, let alone a 1/6 one is extremely unlikely. Oh well, at least a lot of dudes here enjoy him. Still love the 89 Batman figure, it is one of my favorites.

I think I am going to sell my Joker. I've had it since he was released but have never really liked him. The snaps are cheap, the trench coat is too small, the hat hair is awful, the face sculpt is weak, the head seam looks terrible, the ankles on mine are super loose, it has no useful left hands, the hat is too small, lame display stand is lame, and the packaging kind of sucks too.

I'm just not a fan. I think the only reason I have kept him for so long is because the likelihood of us ever getting another Nicholson Joker, let alone a 1/6 one is extremely unlikely. Oh well, at least a lot of dudes here enjoy him. Still love the 89 Batman figure, it is one of my favorites.

wow. With that appreciation, I can offer you 10 USD for him! :horror

Though I agree the trenchcoat is small.

The trench is a tad tight, however this figure still remains one of the greatest HT has ever made. I already own one, however if you're not happy with it, I will also take it off your hands for cheap. Lol [emoji23]

wow. With that appreciation, I can offer you 10 USD for him! :horror

Though I agree the trenchcoat is small.

The trench is a tad tight, however this figure still remains one of the greatest HT has ever made. I already own one, however if you're not happy with it, I will also take it off your hands for cheap. Lol [emoji23]

This is kind of my point, for the money people are not that impressed with it unless they get it for cheap. When this was released the price was astronomical compared to other figures that were on the market. Considering this was the first Nicholson Joker figure ever you would think it would sell out everywhere. If you look hard enough you can still find retailers that still carry it.

I was fully prepared to buy multiples to have different looks but once I got it in hand I was just underwhelmed. Mime Joker > Regular Joker which is a shame since this is probably one of the most iconic looks for the Joker in live action.

I hope one day HT will revisit 89 Joker and put as much heart into it as they do Iron Man.

Finally opened up my Joker, after having hi in storage for months. Guess he was my "holy grail" figure and the one I wanted to savour and enjoy opening up the most. The first figure that I genuinely wanted, pretty much. Tried to recreate the promo pics of Nicholson and Keaton together. Probably failed somewhat due to the stands not allowing for them to be literally next to each other, plus folding Keatons arms was a nightmare so I gave up. You kinda get the gist:

30tgpzd.jpg

great display. Congratulations on opening up your grial. It truly is a great collection piece...

Recently I also tried to pose them that way, promo pics inspired pose, but Keaton arms... those are hell! I will try to change them to your posing...

IMG_8890.JPG

Back