Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does this figure really need the white undercloth which bulks everything up? I'm planning to kitbash this figure for cheap and was wondering whther it really is neccessary.

It's really up to you dude. I prefer it cuz Jack was a chunky Joker. :lol But honestly, I don't think he looks all that bad without it either. In fact, if I had doubles I might be inclined to display one without the fatsuit. Here is a pic of him at SDCC last year without the fatsuit.

hot-toys-batman-1989-joker-figure.jpg

I think someone did it without the fatsuit and instead of that he jammed some cotton under the shirt to fatten him up. You could try that :)

Hmm, are you sure your not thinking of stuffing cotton in the chest/neck area to get rid of the fatsuit line that you can see through the clothes? I know a lot of people including myself did that.

Hmm, are you sure your not thinking of stuffing cotton in the chest/neck area to get rid of the fatsuit line that you can see through the clothes? I know a lot of people including myself did that.

I'm pretty sure I saw the whole upper body stuffed :S... Now you're making me uncertain. I know I've seen what you speak of as well, but yeah, pretty sure I saw the first mentioned too.

Yeah, but there is some sort of QC issue with all figures to some degree. Some people had uneven lapels and what appeared to be dried glued spots on the jacket. Most boardies are fine though and couldn't be happier. It shouldn't stop you from getting this guy. :)

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

my joker is absolutely perfect super tight ankle,tight leg joint, any sign of glue ,pers superworking...If I really would like to find a defect coudl be the hat...
but is the release hat so...whatever....:rotfl

Just a couple pics from my display . . . . . .

Hot_Toys_119.jpg
Hot_Toys_120.jpg

Awesome pose! :rock He's look even better if you got rid of all the accessories at his feet. Takes away from the display, that's just me though. Could maybe leave the teeth. At least that's what I have. Looks great though.

Changed it up a little bit. The pose is a bit generic but I rarely pose him with the gun so...

IMG_1522.jpg

And an oldie.

IMG_0944.jpg

HT's prices are getting higher and higher straight across the board. People have to pick and choose what they want more than ever. And when it comes to the 89 combo, if you can only have one it will be Batman. I'm sure there is a ton of people who bought Bats also wanted Joker as well but they either couldn't afford him or chose to put their money elsewhere, like another main character that they love.

Yea I was wondering the same thing as you DGTWoodward xD...

But I think TheFiend has a point; I'm one of those people who only bought Batman :x... But do you guys think that Hot Toys maybe just produced more of this figure since they probably had to pay Jack Nicholson so much money for his likeness?

I have both Keaton & Jack - & love'em (obviously).. but Jack is the clear winner for me, in terms of just being a monumentally dynamic, eye popping, richly detailed high end figure.. & that's not belittling Keaton at all btw..

Posed mine with the open palm left hand with the cane frictioned to stand straight between the base and his hand, while tipping his hat with the right. This figure is amazing all the way around, though the magnets on his head and hair piece are ridiculously strong.

This would be a cool diorama base.

Credit to Reevz666 for this rare photo,

new-89-2.jpg

Back