Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The figure is VERY nice,
I just don´t see much of Nicholson in it.
He is too young compared to the real Jack,
if you can´t see it it´s not your fault, it´s just that european standard of aesthetics it higher than in the rest of the world.

Not all eyes (I should say brain) perceive the things in the same manner.

You are pretty much the only one in this thread that thinks it looks nothing like Jack. By normal standards, that makes you the odd man out. And although it may make you unique, IT ALSO MAKES YOU INSANE AND WRONG!

The figure is VERY nice,
I just don´t see much of Nicholson in it.
He is too young compared to the real Jack,
if you can´t see it it´s not your fault, it´s just that european standard of aesthetics it higher than in the rest of the world.

Not all eyes (I should say brain) perceive the things in the same manner.

Trust me in person the resemblance to Jack's Joker is uncanny. The neck being exposed too much and the pics with the hat off narrow the look of the face in pics, but in hand the effect is no where near as pronounced.

I'd like to think I know what I'm talking about as far as likenesses go, since I'm a sculptor myself;

431323_345361308837217_100000900519771_1062119_813214928_n.jpg

419742_345361448837203_100000900519771_1062121_1344678425_n.jpg

Now the idea that Europeans have a better standard of aesthetics than the rest of the world is just rot (I'm British by the way).

It seems more than any other scene, this sculpt was based off of his reveal to Grissom...

Right after he says "I'm a lot happier"... although the right look it, it's a different angle, but that's where my mind goes when I see this sculpt.

It's definitely Nicholson's likeness... I just hate hearing people _____ about something like a likeness when it's clearly there, it's something that in most pics looks like a real person and it's only about an inch and half in size...

It's just the damn hat for me... not the best to date HT likeness that is a problem.

M.

I must say that although it was never an option for me to just one and not the other that I don't find it all that weird to just have Batman 89 on your shelf. It's the people that are just buying Joker that get me.

I'm only getting Joker as the idea of owning a figure with a high probablity of deteriorating rubber isn't very appealing.

I'd rather my toys outlive me, or at least live long enough to turn a profit if I ever became desperate for money!

I'm only getting Joker as the idea of owning a figure with a high probablity of deteriorating rubber isn't very appealing.

I'd rather my toys outlive me, or at least live long enough to turn a profit if I ever became desperate for money!

:lol Fair enough I suppose. But I'm sure Batman will be around a long time if you take care of him.

The main problem with the sculpt (aside from the hair) is it's still too skinny. Kind of throws it off a bit.

As seen from OMG's pics, though, at certain angles it's dead-on.

:exactly: the triumph of objectivity. No one hate anything here :lecture

I hate how preemptively defensive one has to be around here when voicing a criticism because some people can't seem to tolerate any crticism whatsoever towards a HT product.
Yeah.. :monkey1 :lol

I just like to be clear that I exercise objectivity wherever possible - but you're right, folks do get a bit precious sometimes.

I also like how your post was jumped on - not mine (albeit jokingly), when I was trying to stimulate bit of conversation pertaining to those irks of mine. Sometimes it feels like I'm in a small locked room with the lights turned off around here.. nobody cares.. :monkey2 :lol

If you don't like it . Don't buy it

Simple
Profound. :clap

I do like the figure - A LOT, did you catch what I wrote earlier? Probably not..

I just wanted peoples thoughts on the points I raised. Don't be so quick to want to get a facetious little quip in, before knowing my position on the matter. You seem to be the perfect example of what a-dev was talking about earlier.. :dunno

I don't really think EcKo was pointing that directly at you there Vintij. It was a general statement to the thread in, er, general and a damn good one.

Yeah.. :monkey1 :lol

I just like to be clear that I exercise objectivity wherever possible - but you're right, folks do get a bit precious sometimes.

I also like how your post was jumped on - not mine (albeit jokingly), when I was trying to stimulate bit of conversation pertaining to those irks of mine. Sometimes it feels like I'm in a small locked room with the lights turned off around here.. nobody cares.. :monkey2 :lol

Yes Difabio was but jesting in his response to me. However lets discuss your points!

First - let it be said, I LOVE this thing. Amazing.

However, the more I look at the head, there's two things that irk me:

*the eyebrows - Jack's were never that perfectly manicured
*the neck is a little long..

Not being negative, just my view - & again, love the figure. :wink1:

:slap Man what a hater! :wink1:

I dunno bout the eyebrows thing but the neck too long thing - well if it is I think we could address that with futzing of the clothes. It could be related to what other people are seeing, his face being too skinny.

Back