Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never seen that particular blurb before. Interesting.

If true, great! I'd love more Jack Jokers. Just don't want to get my hopes up like I did for BD Terminator or Barbossa or... well, you know.

just glad jack he said yes so we can always have this piece of movie magic forever......THANK YOU JACK. MR.J. NICHOLSON.........you rock....bring us more joker's hot toys it better then printing money.........it's gold.....

I've never seen that particular blurb before. Interesting.

If true, great! I'd love more Jack Jokers. Just don't want to get my hopes up like I did for BD Terminator or Barbossa or... well, you know.

Well they straight up said they weren't doing Barbossa. BD T-800 still remains to be a mystery. They said at one point if the regular did well, we'd see more and I'd like to think it did. I mean, it only sold out and ended up having a second batch relaunch deal. Why they haven't pursued Terminator further is beyond me. Seems like a no brainer, especially when you have NECA pumping out different versions and Kyle Reese and Enterbay entering the competition with their 1/4 T-800.

At this point, they really should have straight up QnA sessions for as big as they have gotten. Just to silence rumors or anything non-factual.

I'd love to ask them directly something like, "hey, you guys planning on making Mob/Gangster Nicholson Joker, just curious" or "there's still a lot you could do with the Nicholson Joker, are we going to see more looks?"

For now, like highlander, I'm happy with the one Joker.

I'm trying to minimize my collection now, which is near impossible, but I can at least get the figures down to one per character. And this is the one I want for Jack's Joker.

The thing with likeness issue is, even on the best sculpts, you're not going to capture it perfectly at every angle because its a still life rendition of a living person. Someone's face is always moving in the most minute ways, so to expect a static representation to look perfect is unrealistic.

The thing with likeness issue is, even on the best sculpts, you're not going to capture it perfectly at every angle because its a still life rendition of a living person. Someone's face is always moving in the most minute ways, so to expect a static representation to look perfect is unrealistic.

:exactly:

I was just flicking through my '89 copy of Batman: The Official Book of the Movie, and I've got to say that HT did a really good job with this figure.

Of course, a second head with non-hat hair would have been a bonus. We can always say that things can be even better, but I was happy enough to order this as it was.

Yes, good points also.

wJwzZ.jpg

Mind. Blown.

Due to my limited space and my one per shelf Hot Toys rule, I am going to pass on the 89 Batman. But I think Joker (and his vibrant bright colors) will look good somewhere in my display!!!!

IMG1468.jpg

IMG1467.jpg

HT is obviously making more figures as of late, Jack Sparrow DX is still available, 89 Bats, Superman, i dont think this will sell out in minutes I believe you will be able to get this for a while after its released.

Back