Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toys2 has the Joker for $249.99 and Batman for $224.99. Joker's almost on par with the price of Indy. Not saying I like it but....

Toys2 has the Joker for $249.99 and Batman for $224.99. Joker's almost on par with the price of Indy. Not saying I like it but....

The only problem is that you have to pay international fees with your bank. And it's still more then Alter Ego.

My total with toys2 came to $548 for the pair

with bbts $518, but im not sure if im going to get taxed at thedoor or not, because the use ups.

Viking playground has them for 10% off, seems to beat Alter ego price too...
Will he fit in the Batmobile, I think he should- new body with 30 points of articulation....

It will be interesting to see how Batman interacts with the Batmobile. But my guess is that if the got the Tumbler to seat Batman they'll do the same with the '89 version.

The only problem is that you have to pay international fees with your bank. And it's still more then Alter Ego.

I don't, I'm Canadian.

My total with toys2 came to $548 for the pair

with bbts $518, but im not sure if im going to get taxed at thedoor or not, because the use ups.

My total with Toys2 comes to $518.51. It'll come out to about the same or a bit more with BBTS with duties and stuff. And if it's UPS, get ready to bend over for brokerage fees. My @ss is still hurting from the last time I ordered from there.

I don't, I'm Canadian.

My total with Toys2 comes to $518.51. It'll come out to about the same or a bit more with BBTS with duties and stuff. And if it's UPS, get ready to bend over for brokerage fees. My @ss is still hurting from the last time I ordered from there.

I hear you man

I checked the fine text in bbts and they said that you are expected to 5% taxes and $5.98 at the door. So my total will be $550 at bbts and $540 with toys2. So i went with toys2, and plus toys2 gets them the fastest. What im going to do now is put all the money in my paypal account and just pay it off all and once instead of paying $540 in the same month with my credit card.

I don't, I'm Canadian.

Well, then that's great! :hi5:

I hear you man

I checked the fine text in bbts and they said that you are expected to 5% taxes and $5.98 at the door. So my total will be $550 at bbts and $540 with toys2. So i went with toys2, and plus toys2 gets them the fastest. What im going to do now is put all the money in my paypal account and just pay it off all and once instead of paying $540 in the same month with my credit card.

Good plan ! I only order in the US if the price difference is substantial or I can't get it here anymore. The risk of getting dinged at the door for extra costs is always there. The only time I noticed that it's a good deal to order from the US, is when I order PFs or statues from SSC. They charge me a $25 flat rate and that's awesome since they are way down in Cali. I can't even get $25 shipping on a PF in Canada unless it's close to me.

FleshPaintJoker.jpg

Dear lord, that's hideous. :thud:

I've trawled a lot of threads in the time I've been here and this one takes the cake for incessant whining. Everything from China to Obama to some grand Hot Toys conspiracy has been blamed for the cost of this dolly. Pity the poor fools who try to get a word in about the figure itself, or try to keep a positive spin on this thread. It's like a frenzy of half-baked ignorance in here, a self-perpetuating numbnut hysteria perpetrated by a bunch of entitlement whinebags with a disproportionate sense of their capacity to cobble together an opinion about anything that anyone outside of their own narrow sphere of thought could give a toss about. You all need a good kick in the nuts.

:goodpost:

I order with Toys2 because its guaranteed no customs when they arrive in Ireland. Now that might still not be enough for some people given the huge shipping costs by Canadapost but also as a regular customer Toys2 will hold these figures for me if I'm not ready to pay for them. That way I will almost certainly not have to cancel these much-wanted figures.

I order with Toys2 because its guaranteed no customs when they arrive in Ireland. Now that might still not be enough for some people given the huge shipping costs by Canadapost but also as a regular customer Toys2 will hold these figures for me if I'm not ready to pay for them. That way I will almost certainly not have to cancel these much-wanted figures.

How can it be guaranteed no customs ? Do we own you guys ? :lol

Unfortunately the state of the world economy and the radical change in China's economy does make it an unreasonable expectation.
I'm sorry, but I have a hard time believing the economy, labor costs, etc are to blame for a 47% price increase since DX01 in 2009. It's only been two years, and the economy seems largely the same now as it was two years ago. :dunno

I didn't mean that it should be that low of a price, but when we expect a figure to be of the highest quality this is what happens. If every figure was this price I'd tell them to piss off but with these iconic characters and with them being as close to the real person, I dont mind paying the price. Look at Indy, looks like the $250 version of the stunt double. At least with these, we are getting fantastic looking figures.
:lol yes compared to Indy's stunt double, these figures are a steal. But remember, these are just prototypes. Bad things can happen between prototype and release. Hopefully they look just as incredible in hand, but there's always some realism lost in translation from prototype to production.

I've trawled a lot of threads in the time I've been here and this one takes the cake for incessant whining. Everything from China to Obama to some grand Hot Toys conspiracy has been blamed for the cost of this dolly. Pity the poor fools who try to get a word in about the figure itself, or try to keep a positive spin on this thread. It's like a frenzy of half-baked ignorance in here, a self-perpetuating numbnut hysteria perpetrated by a bunch of entitlement whinebags with a disproportionate sense of their capacity to cobble together an opinion about anything that anyone outside of their own narrow sphere of thought could give a toss about. You all need a good kick in the nuts.

:exactly: :goodpost:

I'm sorry, but I have a hard time believing the economy, labor costs, etc are to blame for a 47% price increase since DX01 in 2009. It's only been two years, and the economy seems largely the same now as it was two years ago. :dunno

Actually Chinese wage inflation in the past 2 years has been in excess of 47%. And it's only headed one way. The days of the $300 HT figure will be upon us in 2012 i'm sure.

Actually Chinese wage inflation in the past 2 years has been in excess of 47%. And it's only headed one way.
Fair enough, but only a fraction of the figure's price goes to labor, no? So a 47% price increase on the entire cost of the figure isn't right. Only that percentage of the figure's price which goes to labor should increase by 47%. Am I wrong about that?

Simple reason why the increased costs of these figures......Because they can and we will buy regardless :)

If they hold the figures for you, will you still be charged if you cancel them?

the only reason things have been cheap in the past is because of labor. Each piece is hand painted, sewn, assembled, molded, cast and so on. China has been the go to for outsourcing because of low labor costs. Labor prices go up and then so does costs.

Back