Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn0ecHHHUGo&feature=related"]Never Rub Another Man's Rhubarb - YouTube[/ame]

Pretty sure a pack-out is a service that comes at an additional charge regardless of whether shipping fee has been waived.

The packout is an additional $10 no matter what, I'm just hoping that it doesn't waiver the free shipping offer due to the extra bulk.

This thread has gone nuts since this morning. I guess this was the news everybody was waiting for. I do not give a rats ar_e about the price. Have you guys actually looked at the HS, outfit? Its the best Hot Toys figure to date. Anyway, Flexpay makes it much more affordable. I dont care for Keaton Batman but this is special

Somethings you just have to find the money for,his and 89 Batman are must buys.

Unfortunately the state of the world economy and the radical change in China's economy does make it an unreasonable expectation.

Now HT could try to outsource to India or Vietnam - but I'm guessing they'd then soon experience the same issues with producing in a remote location with a work force that doesn't speak your language that plague US companies who outsource to China.

:exactly:

Not to mention that if Hot Toys went with a remote location (like India or Vietnam) the chances of counterfeits being produced would jump up significantly.

I was gonna get this but the hat's too small!

Actually, this is way out of my price range -- but a damned nice figure to be sure. At these prices, however, it looks like Supes might be the last new HT figure I buy.

Hah... remember when DX01 was selling for $165 shipped... this is a $100 increase in just a few years with fewer goodies in the package.

Aww ____, there's no way I can afford him and Batman on top of all my other pre-orders :(

Let's hope this price is just because of the costly and difficult ways to approach Nicholson,which is most likely when Batman cost only 220$.

Woah. I've been getting ready to leave for school and preparing my house for Hurricane Irene and by god this thread has gone nuts. First off people should worry more about the Hurricane That's hurting the East coast than the cost of a Toy.

but in regards of Jack and Batman. I had been following these guys since the announcement and staying up late this past week in hopes of seeing the pics and specs. And When they were releaseed i pooped myself. These figures are pure Art and beauty and so many more things. Once the price went up i just said well gotta save my money. Not once was i saying THIS IS ABSURD. Everyone has valid points. But the economy is rough and these are collectibles so you dont have to buy them if you don't want to pay the price. For me there was no question about getting these guys.

I was talking to my local shop owner. And you get much more accurate and honest information from talking to a person works with in and with the people who actually knows the ins and out of the collectible market. He told me he talked to his rep on the phone and asked and There isn't going to be another BAtman or JOKEr from this license and there isnt going to be an exclusive. So this price may be reflective of that and because there wont be anymore of them i have no problem paying for these guys. I fear for HT's future only because they may eventually out price themselves from the market cause on average people simply won't be able to afford these prices on a regular basis.

I am a the type of collector who only buyers what i absolutely must have or getting my breathe taken away by. And i stick to only collecting 1/6 figures so these are practically god's amongst men in my eyes. I dont throw my money at ever HT figure cause it's HT's, i'd be poor if i did. I stick with what i love. What's the point of having figures from movies you sort of liked and sort of remember. I collect Batman figures because i've watch the movies so many times i can quote nearly the whole damn thing. Those are the figures i go for. So though money finically for me may be an issue, spending the money on these isnt and issue because it will make me so entirely happy i won't even think about the price accept when im counting the bills to give to the shop keep when he hands them over to me.

So that's all i wanted to say. I'd rather this discussion be about constructive criticism of this figure or about the movie than about how horrible it is that this figure is "overpriced" Collecting is not a necessity guys, collecting is a luxury and a great hobby, i think some of us tend to forget that.

Woah. I've been getting ready to leave for school and preparing my house for Hurricane Irene and by god this thread has gone nuts. First off people should worry more about the Hurricane That's hurting the East coast than the cost of a Toy.

but in regards of Jack and Batman. I had been following these guys since the announcement and staying up late this past week in hopes of seeing the pics and specs. And When they were releaseed i pooped myself. These figures are pure Art and beauty and so many more things. Once the price went up i just said well gotta save my money. Not once was i saying THIS IS ABSURD. Everyone has valid points. But the economy is rough and these are collectibles so you dont have to buy them if you don't want to pay the price. For me there was no question about getting these guys.

I was talking to my local shop owner. And you get much more accurate and honest information from talking to a person works with in and with the people who actually knows the ins and out of the collectible market. He told me he talked to his rep on the phone and asked and There isn't going to be another BAtman or JOKEr from this license and there isnt going to be an exclusive. So this price may be reflective of that and because there wont be anymore of them i have no problem paying for these guys. I fear for HT's future only because they may eventually out price themselves from the market cause on average people simply won't be able to afford these prices on a regular basis.

I am a the type of collector who only buyers what i absolutely must have or getting my breathe taken away by. And i stick to only collecting 1/6 figures so these are practically god's amongst men in my eyes. I dont throw my money at ever HT figure cause it's HT's, i'd be poor if i did. I stick with what i love. What's the point of having figures from movies you sort of liked and sort of remember. I collect Batman figures because i've watch the movies so many times i can quote nearly the whole damn thing. Those are the figures i go for. So though money finically for me may be an issue, spending the money on these isnt and issue because it will make me so entirely happy i won't even think about the price accept when im counting the bills to give to the shop keep when he hands them over to me.

So that's all i wanted to say. I'd rather this discussion be about constructive criticism of this figure or about the movie than about how horrible it is that this figure is "overpriced" Collecting is not a necessity guys, collecting is a luxury and a great hobby, i think some of us tend to forget that.

Well put hhhaney - it is a luxury hobby and it does make a lot of sense to only stick to buying from the lines that you truly truly care about, otherwise it's going to be impossible for the vast majority of people to afford this (wonderful) hobby long term.

If Sideshow wants us to support the boards and purchase both of these they should give us the best price on the internet.

:lecture

hhhaney1234, although u make a good point, this is Hot Toys and they have more than proven that they are willing to double dip on their more popular licenses...particularly Batman.

Who would have guessed they would have rereleased the OC Bats. :huh

You do make a good point regarding laser focusing our collecting habits. Thats the reason I passed on the Avatar fig, Sweeney Todd and others. I personally try and stick to heroes (the ones I like, passed on Wolvie, Blade & Ghost Rider) Predators & Terminator.

Back