Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just because it's packaged well doesn't mean I would want a well packaged factory defective box lol. Did you cancel yours Wor? I sent them an email but haven't heard anything as of yet.

No, I'm getting it. I don't care much for my boxes -- in fact, I got to start getting rid of some because I've been carrying around these damn empties for ten years and its accruing like crazy. I have a whole closet devoted to just empty boxes.

No, I'm getting it. I don't care much for my boxes -- in fact, I got to start getting rid of some because I've been carrying around these damn empties for ten years and its accruing like crazy. I have a whole closet devoted to just empty boxes.

That makes me feel better. I posted a little while ago I emailed them again to let them go ahead with the order. I guess will all get it Saturday or Monday.

I actually have a Midnight Wesker box which I accidently ripped when taking the TAPED instructions off. But then again, this was like 2 years ago when I was a 1/6 noob.

I know what you mean with boxes though, I'm going to have to start playing fort in them... :slap

Only issue is the paint. The likeness is more spot on than HT.

As I've said several times, I love both heads. I really do. And I will likely choose the HT head for the long-term display.

The HT head is more detailed yes, but how anyone can see Jack in motion in that gif and not see that the custom looks more like him is beyond my comprehension. The HT head looks like a caricature by comparison.

I wasn't gonna comment, but the ____ing K-Mark comment is too much for me to bear.

:exactly: Yep, I think people are having a hard time getting past the paint and smoothness of the sculpt.

Yeah HT has a great and photogenic sculpt but it's not quite Nicholson. Which is saddening since it's so expensive.

260$...

I'm gonna need a minute or two alone boys...

[ame]https://youtu.be/iXW4nji37-4[/ame]

As I've said several times, I love both heads. I really do. And I will likely choose the HT head for the long-term display.

The HT head is more detailed yes, but how anyone can see Jack in motion in that gif and not see that the custom looks more like him is beyond my comprehension. The HT head looks like a caricature by comparison.

I wasn't gonna comment, but the ____ing K-Mark comment is too much for me to bear.
It's the proportions of several elements that kill that custom for me; the face seems too long, the eyes too sunken and round, the nose too big, etc - plus there's a sadness to his expression that just doesn't work for the character.

I think if the lower half of the face and the nose was shifted up toward the eyes by half their current distance, it might actually look a lot more like Jack.

The nose is slightly too bulbous. I saw that the first time I looked at it. But it looks a hell of a lot more like Jack Nicholson than this:

IMG_2782-3.png

I'm done with this conversation. If I wanna share my display when it has the custom head on it I'll post it in a custom thread.

It's the proportions of several elements that kill that custom for me; the face seems too long, the eyes too sunken and round, the nose too big, etc - plus there's a sadness to his expression that just doesn't work for the character.

I think if the lower half of the face and the nose was shifted up toward the eyes by half their current distance, it might actually look a lot more like Jack.

I don't agree with that assessment but do you look at the HT sculpt as being 100% accurate?

My main gripe with the HT is that he's too thin in the face. Nicholson was in his bloated phase in 89.

I don't agree with that assessment but do you look at the HT sculpt as being 100% accurate?

My main gripe with the HT is that he's too thin in the face. Nicholson was in his bloated phase in 89.
Nope, definitely don't think Hot Toys sculpt is anywhere near perfect but I can't pinpoint what seems off about it. It does seem to be at its worst when the eyes are pointed up and the head titled down, but for some reason that is the most common pose I see him in here.

The nose is slightly too bulbous. I saw that the first time I looked at it. But it looks a hell of a lot more like Jack Nicholson than this:

I'm done with this conversation. If I wanna share my display when it has the custom head on it I'll post it in a custom thread.

Sorry Mags, I still love your great photography skills, no hard feelings. :(

I had two of these on order in the UK. At first I was eager to get them to display one in the overcoat and one in the tails.

But as the months have passed my enthusiasm has dwindled. I even thought I could bring myself to like the '89 movie! I've already cancelled one, and the other is hanging by a thread.

This figure has issues: certainties like the hair, the hat, the thin face (the ideal sculpt would have been the custom with HT detailing). And uncertainties like the tie knot, overcoat lapels, overcoat that's too tight to fasten, possibility of glue spots...

Now there's also the possibility of a damaged box to contend with.

I'm so close to hitting the cancel button, but something keeps stopping me. :gah:

I had two of these on order in the UK. At first I was eager to get them to display one in the overcoat and one in the tails.

But as the months have passed my enthusiasm has dwindled. I even thought I could bring myself to like the '89 movie! I've already cancelled one, and the other is hanging by a thread.

This figure has issues: certainties like the hair, the hat, the thin face (the ideal sculpt would have been the custom with HT detailing). And uncertainties like the tie knot, overcoat lapels, overcoat that's too tight to fasten, possibility of glue spots...

Now there's also the possibility of a damaged box to contend with.

I'm so close to hitting the cancel button, but something keeps stopping me. :gah:

You should cancel it... I'm sure someone that actually likes the 89 film would end up buying the one you don't want. :slap

M.

I think your custom head edges out the DX08 one as my favorite Jack as Joker sculpt to date but, especially so if it had been texturized and included a PERS system.

But PERS is what makes this a DX release and worth the $260:monkey3

:rotfl

Eh, that's your opinion. I would have gladly paid that price without the PERS. I just don't like all the gimmicky stuff HT is starting to put on what is supposed to be a high end collectible. That's just me.

edit: Unless your being sarcastic...

Back