Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Umm..No, Mags I love your shots and photography skills and superb lighting techniques...but that's just not Jack, compared to the HT's sculpt, sorry :nono

Jokergif.gif

IMG_6728.jpg

IMG_6727.jpg

IMG_6676.jpg

I got my shipping info from Alter Ego. It should be here on Thursday.

Alright, good for you man! Me, I don't hear anything. No email, no newsletter, no shipping info. My status on the two pack hasn't been updated either and I've had Batman for a month. I didn't even know Batman had shipped until I called and they told he had 2 days prior. :lol I dunno....they did get back to me on the newsletter though. They entered it manually and I should receive them now.

Alright, good for you man! Me, I don't hear anything. No email, no newsletter, no shipping info. My status on the two pack hasn't been updated either and I've had Batman for a month. I didn't even know Batman had shipped until I called and they told he had 2 days prior. :lol I dunno....they did get back to me on the newsletter though. They entered it manually and I should receive them now.

It's funny you should say that. My friend bought the Batman/Joker pack too and he didn't get a shipping confirmation or tracking info on his order either. He knew about it because of the charge to his card and it arrived a few days later.

Emailed BBTS CS again. I guess I will take it... hopefully it's not bad... maybe if it is and the figure is mint, I'll have to shop around for a new box.

I don't think those photos don't help your case, Maglor. I know you really want it to be better better than Hot Toys headsculpt, because you probably paid more for that custom than the entire Hot Toys figure combined, but that head looks nothing like Jack and everything like you pulled it off a $20 Toy Biz figure at K-Mart.

And I'm talking about the likeness, not the flat paint and complete lack of texture.

As I've said several times, I love both heads. I really do. And I will likely choose the HT head for the long-term display.

The HT head is more detailed yes, but how anyone can see Jack in motion in that gif and not see that the custom looks more like him is beyond my comprehension. The HT head looks like a caricature by comparison.

I wasn't gonna comment, but the ____ing K-Mark comment is too much for me to bear.

Only issue is the paint. The likeness is more spot on than HT.

Maybe...You know, why don't you paint that custom and make it the flesh Joker style! you still have the HT's hs for your collection mags, I'm not joking, I think that custom will look great in the flesh style joker! :yess:

As I've said several times, I love both heads. I really do. And I will likely choose the HT head for the long-term display.

The HT head is more detailed yes, but how anyone can see Jack in motion in that gif and not see that the custom looks more like him is beyond my comprehension. The HT head looks like a caricature by comparison.

I wasn't gonna comment, but the ____ing K-Mark comment is too much for me to bear.

"caricature" is quite right. Nicholson is there, just it's a little exaggerated. The one you got there is more true. I immediately noticed it was more accurate when you originally posted it.

"caricature" is quite right. Nicholson is there, just it's a little exaggerated. The one you got there is more true. I immediately noticed it was more accurate when you originally posted it.

Yeah I think HT's is a great sculpt and captures the Joker amazingly well.

I definitely think Adam's has more Jack Nicholson in it

Here is Seb's melty version:

sebjoker.jpg

Yeah I think HT's is a great sculpt and captures the Joker amazingly well.

I definitely think Adam's has more Jack Nicholson in it

Here is Seb's melty version:

sebjoker.jpg

Definitely a lot of Nicholson in that one. Thats like HT's paint with Mag's likeness. Definitely the best custom of 89 Joker.

1335773818286.gif

For the record, I never liked teh HT sculpt either.

Back