Hot Fuzz - Hot Toys Maybe?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seaward

Super Freak
Reaction score
I got to see the advance screening for Hot Fuzz on Monday night here in Chicago, and it was amazing. I highly recommend this movie, it was in keeping with Spaced and Shaun of the Dead and was hilarious throughout, and it may have been more violent and gory than Shaun. The entire cast was great, Nick Frost and Simon Pegg were totally different than their previous roles, and I hope that these guys keep making movies together with Edgar Wright for a long time. The director and the two stars were on hand for an all too brief Q & A, and then they got swamped for autographs. Not one to pass up a once in a lifetime chance like this, I got them to autograph my Shaun of the Dead DVD. It will be a long month waiting to see this movie again, and not spoiling the movie for everybody else.

After the show, I have been looking at places like Monkey Depot and other spots to see what sorts of Police uniforms are available in 1:6 scale. I would love to see Hot Toys or Sideshow make Hot Fuzz figures, but I am guessing that it will be a longshot, and I'll need to make a custom figure with the 12- inch Neca Shaun head. Sideshow certainly could handle the headsculpts (and make a nice 1:6 Shaun of the Dead line too...) but the costume and weapon detail would probably be better handled by somebody like Hot Toys. Anybody else interested in these as possible figures?

I don't know about figures, but I can't wait to see the movie... Especially if it's as good as you're saying. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I want Shaun of the Dead 12"ers first, I have no doubt that Hot Fuzz is gonna kick as so I want a Nicholas Angel figure too!! :rock

Just a reminder that Hot Fuzz is opening friday, and while I got to see it for free, I will be taking my fiance on Friday. The movie is hilarious, and I felt it was more accessible than Shaun of the Dead. If you think you might be going, try to avoid commercials, as they seem pretty spoiler heavy, especially when taken out of context of the film. The ad campaign could have nailed the comedy and action without so many bits being spoiled. Highly recommended!

I thought Hot Fuzz was great but i wouldnt want any figure from it id prefer a 1/6 Shaun and Bloody Mary instead.
That village has the same charaters that live in my own english country village except there no murders but mad about best village contests. Policemen who also like to eat alot of cake

I got free special screening tickets for Hot Fuzz on Wednesday night so here's hoping it's as good as Shaun of the Dead.

btw I saw SotD two times at the theatre, and own it on DVD. I LOVE THAT MOVIE! I am so looking forward to Hot Fuzz. Please don't disappointment me since my expectations are really high going into this movie thanks to the creators past achievements.

I am very excited about this movie! It looks pretty hilarious... and I loved Shaun of the Deas, so I feel very good about this one.

And figures would rock :rock :rock :rock

This movie came out in the middle of February in the UK and I went to see it with some friends who don't go to the cinema a whole lot, but loved Shaun Of The Dead.

What can I say? It was a great film, very funny and filled with some brit comedy royality.

It is more accessible than Shaun Of The Dead, I think my dad would enjoy it but he'd never sit through Shaun Of The Dead because of the Zombies. Some great sarcastic and subtle humour throughout and it was nice to see Timothy Dalton again.

Highly recommend this film:D

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Shaun of the Dead toys too, hopefully from Sideshow. The Neca 12 - inch Shaun is acting as a nice placeholder with the SS "The Dead" Figures I have, but with all of the gear that the Officers have in Hot Fuzz, Hot Toys could definitely do their arsenal justice.

I can't wait until Friday, and to sell my family on the movie, I have told them that it is Miss Marple as directed by the CSI team. They wouldn't sit through zombies either, but I think they would get a kick out of this.

Avoid commercials! So many great moments are being shown prematurely by the US ad campaign. This movie works so well with some surprises intact!

Just saw Hot Fuzz today! What a great movie! Not up to snuff as say Shaun of the Dead, because it was the first of its brand I witnessed, but Hot Fuzz still pulled out all the stops and was nothing short of amazing!

The ending is what makes this movie, and the subtle one liners that can easily go over a lot of movie goers heads.

So always pay close attention through out. While it moves slowly in certain parts, it still will leave you with a smile on your face.

My only complaint, while Hot Fuzz had more laughs than Shaun of the Dead, none of them brought out epic sized laughs like its predecessor did.

Back