Hopkins vs. Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattman6886

Super Freak
Reaction score
Surprised this rematch is moving forward after Jones' first round TKO loss a few months back. Apparently he contested it saying Green had loaded gloves? Whatever. I expect an easy victory for Hopkins, who seems to be in his prime at 45 years old. Yet there's still a part of me that wants to see the once great Roy Jones put up a good fight against him.

Anyone else watching next Saturday?

Hey Matt, maybe there's not enough boxing fans here. But I'm interested in seeing the old man fighting. And how can someone be in good shape at 45? That's 10 more to go for me...

I love boxing -- what can you expect, its a fight that took too long to actually be made.

But the year rounds out nice. Yuri vs. Cotto should be fun, even though Foreman may not have the pop to take it to Cotto, he is tough enough and wil have enough on the line to try to move around and stick and shuffle. Cotto needs to get his training situation and corner right, as that's a mess.

It will be interesting if Margarito does take on either winner of that bout or if Pac actually accepts a fight with him, which would make no sense for Manny at this point.

In April, Kelly Pavlik vs. Sergio Martinez, will be fun...

In May, Shane Mosley vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr., Flooyd will be challenged, and Shane is tough enough to slug with him and smart enough to wait on the tactician. Floyd is a masterful mover and defender, but whether or not Mosley can engage in scrums will be the key.

Paul Williams vs. Kermit Cintron, Michael Katsidis vs. Kevin Mitchell (Kat is a fun fighter to watch, he'll get into it with anyone), and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs. John Duddy, that will be fun, I love going to my bar to watch Duddy, with all these crazed Irish dudes, who cheer for Duddy....

wow. I used to be a big RJ fan. I had no idea this was even going on.

lol V!C, only the drunk 'Irish' fan would cheer for Duddy. Future Tomato can.

Back on topic, sorry for the diatribe.

RJJ needs to ritire NOW. a shadow of his former self. he only had devilish speed in his prime.

B-Hop needs to retire NOW, before he is convinced that he can actually beat Dawson. not likely.

MMA is pure crap, always was, always is, and always will be.

diatribe fin.

Anthony Hopkins fought Indiana Jones? :confused:

:rotfl

In May, Shane Mosley vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr., Flooyd will be challenged, and Shane is tough enough to slug with him and smart enough to wait on the tactician. Floyd is a masterful mover and defender, but whether or not Mosley can engage in scrums will be the key.

This is definitely my most anticipated fight of the year so far. Even though I'm clamoring for Mayweather Pacquiao, I'm glad in a way that (temporarily) fell through because I think Shane will put up the biggest fight against Floyd that he's seen in a good while.

RJJ needs to ritire NOW. a shadow of his former self. he only had devilish speed in his prime.

B-Hop needs to retire NOW, before he is convinced that he can actually beat Dawson. not likely.

MMA is pure crap, always was, always is, and always will be.

diatribe fin.

Agree about Jones. He's only been hurting his legacy getting in the ring these past few years. Hopkins on the other hand surprisingly still has it in my mind, and I'd like to see him get one more in before he hangs em up.

LOL to funny

People still watch boxing??

MMA >>> Boxing

Even this fight went the distance, boxing is a snoozer

by a mile ... its pretty sad how boxing has regressed over the years.
MMA is destroying boxing because boxing has let it happen..... :monkey1

:rotfl

This is definitely my most anticipated fight of the year so far. Even though I'm clamoring for Mayweather Pacquiao, I'm glad in a way that (temporarily) fell through because I think Shane will put up the biggest fight against Floyd that he's seen in a good while.

Agree about Jones. He's only been hurting his legacy getting in the ring these past few years. Hopkins on the other hand surprisingly still has it in my mind, and I'd like to see him get one more in before he hangs em up.

Since you sound you may know a lil' about Boxing, I want to hear your thoughts on Yuriorkis Gamboa.

I really cant see SSM giving floyd any problems. When u consider the display he put up against a very good Marquez and he hadnt been in the ring since hatton, it was a masterclass and only manny can thraten his record. Love roy jones but its a shame to see him a shadow of his former self. Still a legend.

Jones needs to give it up. He hasn't been the same since Tarver. Fighters are the worst at "getting old". They never want to give it up even when they no longer have "it" TO give up anymore.

Since you sound you may know a lil' about Boxing, I want to hear your thoughts on Yuriorkis Gamboa.

From the little I've seen, Gamboa's got tremendous hand speed and power! I look forward to seeing where he goes in the sport.

Back