Holy Crap!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with the previous posters. Don't sell it. I've still got all my original SW toys and I'm holding onto them.

PsychoCenobite, those look like some of my toys after I played with them in a sandbox a few times.:monkey5

JustinLuck said:
PsychoCenobite, those look like some of my toys after I played with them in a sandbox a few times.:monkey5

I gave all of my Star Wars toys good bashing when I was a kid... wished I hadn't now! :monkey2

Now I've got a digital camera, I'll take a picture of all the figures I've got bagged up.

PC :cool:

I'd love to see your pics Brings back good memories. I lost most of my SW figs in garage sales (unbeknownst to me). Like you, I really 'played' with my figures, so they weren't in the greatest shape. Still was nice to have them around though.

I used to have that R2. Doesn't it make clicking noises when you turn its head? You can also pull up it's antenna or something, right?

There's no history of that kind of thing selling on ebay (recently anyway) but I'm sure there are a great many collectors that would pay a fortune for them. Hell, Dicaprio may even want to start his collection back up with something like this.

You could probably fund every SSC SW 12" and PF with the sale of this.

And to think I had this once too...:monkey2

Sell. Sell. Sell. Unless you've got some sentimental attachement to this particular set, sell it. You could probably get each of them individually on their cards and still have plenty left for the SSC 12" and PF line with the funds. To have them is kitchy and cool. But I have my price, and I would definitely sell if I were in your position.

Dang, makes me with I still had all my figures from when I was a kid. I had that darn telescoping Luke and Vader and my R2 looked beat to heck too. Wonder if they are still at the parents house buried in a closet somewhere... might need to make a phone call.

Wow. Had no idea this was that big of a deal. I guess because they are all still in the original packaging makes it pretty rare. I guess that can happen when a 30 year old gets them but probably not an 8 year old. I don't think I could ever sell these, even if they were mine to sell. They will someday make an excelent compliment to my growing SW collection if not be the center piece.

Anyone know what that Vader is worth since it's out of it's packaging?

Darklord Dave said:
You could probably fund every SSC SW 12" and PF with the sale of this.

Wow... um... Not quite!

I used to collect vintage SW figures (still have one complete mint loose set). This set is rare, but not THAT rare compared to other stuff.

Find out what it's worth. Seriously, I would probably keep it, because, can anyone else say they've got the first Star Wars toys EVer produced that are mint? It would be like the main part of your collection!

This set is rare, but not THAT rare compared to other stuff.

So what IS it worth? If a telescoping Kenobi is worth a couple of thou - this set in this condition must be a pretty penny.

The fact that there is no recent history on eBay should say something to the rarity of this item. I'm actually curious about the value for insurance purposes, not because I want to sell these.

JustinLuck said:
I'd love to see your pics Brings back good memories. I lost most of my SW figs in garage sales (unbeknownst to me). Like you, I really 'played' with my figures, so they weren't in the greatest shape. Still was nice to have them around though.

Damn! :google

Looks like I put them back in the loft! :banghead

I got them out some time ago and put them under my bed until I got a digital camera. I must have given up and put them back up in the loft! :monkey2

I'll keep hunting but I can't see them under my bed...

PC :monkey4

Darklord Dave said:
So what IS it worth? If a telescoping Kenobi is worth a couple of thou - this set in this condition must be a pretty penny.

The DT (double telescoping) Obi-Wan is worth several thousand because there are, like, 10 accounted for in the world. The early bird mail-away set is much easier to find and all of the figures it comes with are common.

Here's an eBay auction:

https://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Vint...042564720QQcategoryZ50271QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'd say the price was right.

Back