Holy Crap!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes they are. Kenner used some crappy tape to seal these and Chewie's is coming off but you can none of them have never been out of their original packaging.

PsychoCenobite said:
Here's the image!

starwars29dd.jpg

Looks it such good condition! I'll post a picture of the 3 figures I've got next to my computer... bad condition! :monkey2

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Hi,

You may want to check with some other vintage collectors but I don't believe that Vader is a double telescoping Vader, so he is worth much much less. A double telescoping Vader is very very rare. The Early Bird set is work about 200 to 300 bucks in that condition in today's market. A few years ago, it was work much more in my opinion. Check with others and find out. Rebelscum is a great place to ask!!!

Cheers,

Brad

If you can push the thin, wick-like part of the saber into the thicker part that is controlled by the lever in his arm, then it's a double-telescoping Vader. Ditto with Luke.

glxy.jpg

"If you can push the thin, wick-like part of the saber into the thicker part that is controlled by the lever in his arm, then it's a double-telescoping Vader. Ditto with Luke."

This is correct, and even then you have to worry about fakes (not saying that yours is fake but there are perfect/almost perfect replicas out there). Vintage collecting is a different animal, especially for high priced collectibles when there is the most to gain. Good luck!!

Brad

drbrad1975 said:
Hi,

You may want to check with some other vintage collectors but I don't believe that Vader is a double telescoping Vader, so he is worth much much less. A double telescoping Vader is very very rare. The Early Bird set is work about 200 to 300 bucks in that condition in today's market. A few years ago, it was work much more in my opinion. Check with others and find out. Rebelscum is a great place to ask!!!

Cheers,

Brad

It's not a DT Vader. Not a chance.

FrankenFan said:
If you can push the thin, wick-like part of the saber into the thicker part that is controlled by the lever in his arm, then it's a double-telescoping Vader. Ditto with Luke.

glxy.jpg

That is what it is. I mean my Dad's had these in his basement for almost 30 years. He must have had the Vader displayed at some point but the others for some reason never got taken out of their packaging. I had a ton of original SW toys that my dumb ass sold at a yard sale to fund a Nintendo game I really wanted. You can take a guess as to which I wish I had right now.

I'm not going to pretend like I know if this is a DT Luke and Vader or not. These are the original toys that you had to mail away for because there were no toys when the movie released and then got huge. The Vader has a think part of the lightsaber that goes up to his elbow, then has the small piece that comes out of that. So when the big part of the lightsaber is all the way back to his elbow, the little part goes into the big part but still sticks out a bit.

This may seem like a silly idea, but have you considered getting it graded? I know it takes away from the playability, but given how pristine these look, it may be of value to "lock" away the condition now, especially if selling them is an option. I have a friend who sold some CGC graded comics, and they sold spectacularly well. One spidey book paid for all of the grading he had done. It is not often something like this comes along, though, so best of luck and enjoy!!!

Darth Loki said:
I'm not going to pretend like I know if this is a DT Luke and Vader or not. These are the original toys that you had to mail away for because there were no toys when the movie released and then got huge. The Vader has a think part of the lightsaber that goes up to his elbow, then has the small piece that comes out of that. So when the big part of the lightsaber is all the way back to his elbow, the little part goes into the big part but still sticks out a bit.

Again, both the Vader and Luke are the regular version. Either sell them or enjoy them.

Back