Holy Crap!! Cheap Jabba!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pix, don't give in to the peer pressure side of the Force. Cheap Jabba leads to expensive throne, expensive throne leads to accesories, accesories lead to more spending, spending leads to the wife not being happy,wife not being happy leads to headaches!!! (Trust me, I've been there!)

On a serious note, I'm with you...No Cheap Throne =No Cheap Jabba . I can wait!

The days of cheap thrones cannot be far off. A recent eBay auction that was offering Jabba, the throne, Bib Fortuna, and the Salacious Crumb creature pack, all exclusives, with a Buy-it-now price of $299, went unsold.

In fact, every throne (or throne bundle) on eBay over the past month has gone unsold.

man I have the order confirmation page open just waiting to be submitted. if only I could guarantee an affordable throne...

Nah.... I need to stick to my guns. How will I ever look into the mirror at myself again if I do it... changing browser tabs now..... clicking "X" on Jabba....

Its gone Sam. I can't feel the Jabba anymore. I do remember the taste of strawberries. I can hear the rippling of the brandywine river. :D

You know....seeing the prices on these really has me rethinking ordering directly from SS anymore. Very few pieces are holding their value. Marvel, The Dead line and maybe a few others are holding or going up in value, but just about anything else crashes and burns.

Why pay $120 for something you can pick up for $75 later w/o the plastic cup exclusive.

I am usually a "muist have it ASAP" guy who does not like to wait for price drops, but it's getting ridiculous. Picking up a $250 PF a year later for $100 ( Luke ) is just heartbreaking after paying full price for it.

You know....seeing the prices on these really has me rethinking ordering directly from SS anymore. Very few pieces are holding their value. Marvel, The Dead line and maybe a few others are holding or going up in value, but just about anything else crashes and burns.

Why pay $120 for something you can pick up for $75 later w/o the plastic cup exclusive.

I am usually a "muist have it ASAP" guy who does not like to wait for price drops, but it's getting ridiculous. Picking up a $250 PF a year later for $100 ( Luke ) is just heartbreaking after paying full price for it.

tell me about it. I'm in consant debating over the PF BikerScout. and after seeing this thread (and the SS still giving away Jason PF's) has really made me wonder what all I SHOULD be collecting.

There isn't much that can be done about low 2nd market prices, but when merch is being retailed for 30% below SSC's prices you know there is a huge problem.

SSC needs to cut their MSRP.

Not every thing SS does flops in value. When SS makes a collectable with a EXC version, usually the regular edition item ends up going for dirt cheap, because everyone wants the version with the super low ES. I also think some collectors are also just plain burnt out by the scalping that goes on as well.

I feel the exact same way. I canceled my Leia Boushh for that reason. I think for me unless the exclusive is a total must have I will always wait and get them cheaper from now on.

Yeah, its nice to save money. However, I'm not buying my collectibles for the $$$ they might be worth. If they go up great if not I don't give a darn. I'd rather get it and let the rest of the chips fall where they may.

Yeah, its nice to save money. However, I'm not buying my collectibles for the $$$ they might be worth. If they go up great if not I don't give a darn. I'd rather get it and let the rest of the chips fall where they may.

Fair enough, but I would rather let recent history be my guide - save money, and then buy even more than those buying direct.

:duff

I would NEVER pay full price for the Speeder Bike, fortunately I found a dealer who had one for $685 shipped; and honestly, I am still thinking I might lose out. :eek

I hear you and I don't buy them as investments that I hope go up, but it would be nice if they at least held value. Since they are not it's smarter to wait a few months and get some at darn near half price.

I could care less what they are worth in the future but if I can either get it now for $60 or wait a bit and get it for $40 I think I am going to have to start to wait. I realized that Asajj would be $67 total for a plain sculpt, plain costume and no accessories..... YIKES.

Back