Hoarders

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how can this guy type worst than a French Canadian...:confused:

Me and my girlfriend watch this show from time to time. It’s pretty disgusting how some people can live. But the problem is whenever you see one hoarder whose so insanely bad it blows ur mind and the next week you see one who doesn’t even compare it kinda makes the show boring to me. Not that exciting whenever I just saw someone who collects dead cats compared to someone who collects shoes or something :lol

I have a relative who's a hoarder. It's one thing to pass judgement on someone just by watching this show, it's another when you actually know someone. I find the show a bit depressing just because I know how horrible it is for some of these people.

Me and my girlfriend watch this show from time to time. It’s pretty disgusting how some people can live. But the problem is whenever you see one hoarder whose so insanely bad it blows ur mind and the next week you see one who doesn’t even compare it kinda makes the show boring to me. Not that exciting whenever I just saw someone who collects dead cats compared to someone who collects shoes or something :lol

there was that one guy who collected beer cans,he had 50,000 beer cans in his house,thats just crazy.the guy will get a good pay day when he goes to the bottle depot.TLC has a hoarder show also but it not as good as the one on A&E.

I used to have a neigbor who was a hoarder (though not quite as bad as these guys on TV but gross enough). He had a bunch of garbage stacked in and out of his house and two big Rottwielers that smelled like the used the entire house as a litter box. Imo hoarding is a combination of lazyness and mental illness. I mean I don't care how lazy you are, there's something wrong up stairs when you have hundreds of stacks of news papers piled up, old food and garbage from 10 years earlier lying around and animal crap all over the place. Whats worse is some of these people have a lot money so they dont have to live that way. You have to be crazy to be willing to live like that. I remember once my neigbor got his plumbing shut off so he'd the neigbors bathrooms, and later he tells us he just didn't pay his water bill because he was too tired not because he couldn't afford it. Again you gotta be crazy to be that lazy.

Last edited:
I have a relative who's a hoarder. It's one thing to pass judgement on someone just by watching this show, it's another when you actually know someone. I find the show a bit depressing just because I know how horrible it is for some of these people.

I know how I can sometimes have a meltdown just cleaning out a closet or my basement! I can imagine what they go through! It can be overwhelming sometimes!

there was that one guy who collected beer cans,he had 50,000 beer cans in his house,thats just crazy.the guy will get a good pay day when he goes to the bottle depot.TLC has a hoarder show also but it not as good as the one on A&E.

He's the one where they cleared a space for him to display all the different ones he had. He really had some nice stuff.

I've seen some of those and those aren't the extreme hoarders. I saw one where it wasn't really that bad, but they were afraid the person would get worse, so they intervined.

I liked it better when these people were called "Pack Rats". To me, a "hoarder" is someone who acquires as much as possible something that other people actually want. That's what the term means... you are hoarding wanted/needed items from others all to yourself. Who is a guy who saves his toenail clippings hoarding from?

Anyway... As far as the lifestyle, I'm definitely in the "it's a mental illness" camp and I feel for these people. I have an aversion to clutter anyway (even a house full of displayed collectibles gives me the heebie-jeebies), so when I see this kind of stuff it freaks me out and saddens me that people actually live like this.

I liked it better when these people were called "Pack Rats". To me, a "hoarder" is someone who acquires as much as possible something that other people actually want. That's what the term means... you are hoarding wanted/needed items from others all to yourself. Who is a guy who saves his toenail clippings hoarding from?

Anyway... As far as the lifestyle, I'm definitely in the "it's a mental illness" camp and I feel for these people. I have an aversion to clutter anyway (even a house full of displayed collectibles gives me the heebie-jeebies), so when I see this kind of stuff it freaks me out and saddens me that people actually live like this.

I think a Pack Rat keeps alot of stuff, but they don't keep garbage and unusable crap. My mother can be a pack rat, my father was too on certain things, especially electronics or motors.

Now I actually have more of a problem with extreme neat freaks. Ones that keep their furniture covered and make you take your shoes off before coming inside. I had an aunt like this and she walked around with a towel wiping things all the time. You hated going there because you were so uncomfortable.

I think a Pack Rat keeps alot of stuff, but they don't keep garbage and unusable crap. My mother can be a pack rat, my father was too on certain things, especially electronics or motors.
Well, I think these people on "Hoarders" are really just extreme Pack Rats, except they either keep everything or collect stuff that pretty much no one else would even want.

Now I actually have more of a problem with extreme neat freaks. Ones that keep their furniture covered and make you take your shoes off before coming inside. I had an aunt like this and she walked around with a towel wiping things all the time. You hated going there because you were so uncomfortable.
I can't stand that, either. There is something to be said for having a clean, organized household that's used to actually live in and entertain. I don't care to live in either a museum or a dump, thank you. :lol

"Dump Museum" Hmmmm.....if anyone ever says my house is too cluttered, there's my comeback! :lol

wfdj_whateveryoumaythink.jpg
...........:monkey1

wfdj_whateveryoumaythink.jpg
...........:monkey1

Actually, if Hot toys and MOTUC keeps putting out good stuff, this may be my office in a few years. I won't put my "toys" in other rooms, and keep them to just my "office."

My statues (not included in the toys group) are tastefully displayed in several areas throughout my home.

Back