Hmm.. What should I do?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you paid by paypal you have all the power. Which is why I dont sell on ebay anymore.

Ok, maybe I am out to lunch on what I am going to say here, but maybe I need lunch ...

Guy advertises it as mint. Clearly there is a defect. You contact the guy back, if he doesn't want to refund with shipping then you go to PayPal. To me, it is a no brainer.

That is what PayPal should be used for. When people give you an item not as described, which is clearly what you got. Simple as that.

Yes, there are A-holes which take advantage of this and turn it around on a seller by sending them back a different statue of the same name. Thankfully there are only a few of those.

But this so black and white. It is specifically for what PayPal is for. If you want to keep it, negotiate what you think is a reasonable discount for the misprint.

Good luck!

Ok, maybe I am out to lunch on what I am going to say here, but maybe I need lunch ...

Guy advertises it as mint. Clearly there is a defect. You contact the guy back, if he doesn't want to refund with shipping then you go to PayPal. To me, it is a no brainer.

That is what PayPal should be used for. When people give you an item not as described, which is clearly what you got. Simple as that.

Yes, there are A-holes which take advantage of this and turn it around on a seller by sending them back a different statue of the same name. Thankfully there are only a few of those.

But this so black and white. It is specifically for what PayPal is for. If you want to keep it, negotiate what you think is a reasonable discount for the misprint.

Good luck!

That basically sums it up.

i have a question in regards to this, this was purchased off of ebay, using paypal. now what happens if this happened on this forum?? same result or does paypal only provide this protection to the purchaser if he buys off of the bay??

just wondering since others have stated they have quit selling items, does that mean quit selling on ebay, or quit selling completely.
if a person is to sell anything now a days, you pretty much need some sort of payment method like paypal, and if they bend over backwards only for the purchaser. what does a seller do to protect himself again crooked buyers??

I may be wrong but as far as i'm aware Paypal will only cover you with eBay transactions as they are pretty much one and all the information is linked.

If you buy something from someone here with Paypal, I dont think you are covered unless you have used a Credit Card at which point if anything happens you may need to try claim it back on your Credit Card(again not too sure as I dont have a cr card).
I think thats the way of it but I'm sure someone can confirm for you.
x :peace

I'd say go after the seller for the refund. My paypal claim for a Ex Thor PF is currently under review for a refund because my item had some small defects, but was claimed to be flawless. Needless to say, I have IN WRITING that the seller would refund my money once I returned the item. The item has been returned and I haven't heard from the seller in a couple weeks now....... :tap

Btw, the seller's user name is Andrade26 on eBay. And supposedly a freak here on the boards :mad:

I'd say go after the seller for the refund. My paypal claim for a Ex Thor PF is currently under review for a refund because my item had some small defects, but was claimed to be flawless. Needless to say, I have IN WRITING that the seller would refund my money once I returned the item. The item has been returned and I haven't heard from the seller in a couple weeks now....... :tap

Btw, the seller's user name is Andrade26 on eBay. And supposedly a freak here on the boards :mad:

Did you send it back to the seller BEFORE you filed the Paypal claim? If so, hopefully you sent it back with Delivery Confirmation AND Signature Required....if not, you're most likely going to lose the Paypal claim.

Did you send it back to the seller BEFORE you filed the Paypal claim? If so, hopefully you sent it back with Delivery Confirmation AND Signature Required....if not, you're most likely going to lose the Paypal claim.

I'm pretty sure I have all my ducks in a row. I sent it back via UPS ground an insured for $500. Delivery was confirmed....I escalated the dispute to a claim a couple days after it was delivered back to the seller. All in all, it's BS that I have to go thru all this :mad:

I'm pretty sure I have all my ducks in a row. I sent it back via UPS ground an insured for $500. Delivery was confirmed....I escalated the dispute to a claim a couple days after it was delivered back to the seller. All in all, it's BS that I have to go thru all this :mad:

If you didn't make sure the package was signed for, then you don't have all your ducks in a row. Delivery confirmation doesn't mean squat to Paypal without Signature confirmation on packages over $250. Believe me, I've recently been down that road.

Thanks alot for the advice guys, I messaged the guy about it and he says the rub wasn't there when he checked it and probably happened during transit :rolleyes:. But he was pretty cool about it and offered both refund and "discount". I'm probably going to go with the discount, how much should I ask for?

Thanks again fellas

It would help to see the damage. If it's just a paint rub on the hand, that's a very quick fix (because it's just a single color, grayish black). I would say about $30.

To answer the question - "Hmm, what should I do?" I would say - you should use more descriptive titles to any thread you start.

That's what they all said...blame it on shipping. They will not come forth and tell you "oh yeanh....i knew it had issue but I was hoping you didn't notice it".

I have gone through this path already. You can get your money back except for the shipping cost back to the seller. You need to ship it back with signature required and tracking. Paypal is going to review it with the tracking info and then they'll make a conclusion to reverse the charge.

Good luck.

Thanks alot for the advice guys, I messaged the guy about it and he says the rub wasn't there when he checked it and probably happened during transit :rolleyes:. But he was pretty cool about it and offered both refund and "discount". I'm probably going to go with the discount, how much should I ask for?

Thanks again fellas

That's what they all said...blame it on shipping. They will not come forth and tell you "oh yeanh....i knew it had issue but I was hoping you didn't notice it".

I have gone through this path already. You can get your money back except for the shipping cost back to the seller. You need to ship it back with signature required and tracking. Paypal is going to review it with the tracking info and then they'll make a conclusion to reverse the charge.

Good luck.

And I agree with MinMay. (And I too have gone down that path. One too many times.) Ebay is VERY shady lately.

Don't settle for a discount. Send it back and wipe your hands clean of it. There will always be another mint one down the road. There's no need to settle.

Back