Media Hitman General

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's working well for me. Gives me time to finish the mission entirely before moving on. By the time the last chapter hits I'll have every weapon, every suit and Silent Assassin on every mission.

More importantly tho the game is good no matter how you play it and the episodic format doesn't stop it from being the best Hitman in a long time.

i agree, hitman does not fit the mold for an episodic release. it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Yea, if I had paid for this, especially full price, I’d probably be pretty madd, but for free, its pretty damn fun :lol

I don't think Hitman is meant for episodic either, but I feel like Dylan's point helps out a lot with the open-ended ness of Hitman. You could say that about most of Episodic games but with Hitman specifically encouraging this, it does fit better. Probably does depend on mind set too.

I really can't remember a thing wrong with Blood Money, maybe a specific level like A Dance with the Devil, or its length (a problem with every stealth franchise not named Metal Gear really)

Most of the levels were really good. But that one during the Wedding I thought was dull. Killing the Mob guy was my favorite though.

Yeah, Till Death Do Us Part was a dull and strange one. Probably was the point, 47 is out with rednecks :lol felt like it was surprisingly small and limited you a little.

Even if you guys wait till the disc release I think you won't be disappointed. The story especially might finally put everything back together. Could possibly tell us who the Mystery Man from Hitman 2 is as well.

Yeah we've never seen who that man was. I wouldn't call stuff like that plotholes, stuff that wasn't explained or left to interpretation maybe. What I wanna know what they plan with Birdie due to Absolution's ending, stuff on Contracts and The Franchise (all resolved but I'm curious to see a little more) maybe Ortmeyer and the novels. Maybe Father Vittorio too but I only want to see Mystery Man, Birdie and if possible, the novels.

I would like to see Birdie too. Even if it's just to eliminate him. I always felt that ALEXANDER LELAND CAYNE was supposed to be the mystery man but they changed it at the last minute. But he showed up again in the Sniper Challenge so hopefully we see him again.

I don't want to see Birdie killed, he's fairly amusing. I believe at some point they may try to explain some of this interpretative stuff though

It would be nice. I would like to see a timeline too. Contracts and Blood Money taking place almost simultaneously always made that confusing and now that I did my platinum playthrough of the whole series I feel like Silent Assassin actually happens after Blood Money and before Absolution.

I dunno, I don't think it could be like that. I still view it as Codename 47 -> Silent Assassin -> Blood Money with Contracts taking place in the Opera mission since there's some gap in the time frame between that and the hospital one -> Absolution. But a timeline would help.

Well it would certainly explain the ending of Blood Money and it always seemed strange to me that he tried to get out of the ICA after only one game. Plus the ICA totally tried to betray 47 and Diana is the last mission by issuing 47 blanks in his rifle without telling him and handing him over to a different handler unannounced while 47 uncover very important documents about Sergei. It seems obvious they were working some kind of end game which I think came to fruition in Absolution.

Wasn't it not the ICA, but Zergei who left the rifle or did something with it? Hmm. Interesting. Such a screwey timeline, kind of like Devil May Cry's...

How could he? It's a ICA drop. I would think it would be difficult for them to know where it would be.

On a different note IO needs to get its **** together with the tech issues the new game is having. Just had a patch auto download that managed to make things even worse.

Last edited:
I'm on the fence about whether I should get this now or wait a few months for more episodes, because everything I've seen so far looks as if this is a return to form for Hitman. Open-ended, big levels is what it's all about and the lack of this in Absolution is where the game faltered for me. Contracts and Blood Money had some of the best missions in the entire franchise with huge replay value.

After Dante and Kratos, I hope NECA gives us an ultimate Agent 47 eventually if they ever get the license back. He should come with fiber wire, a suitcase with his trademark weapons and a rubber duck. :lol

I would say hold off for just a month or two. There is no real advantage to buying it day one. You'll pay the Dame price three months from not and have 6 or so missions instead of 3. Plus they are having some technical issues currently. Other than those issues the games damn near perfect so far.

Back