High End "The Walking Dead" collectibles?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't think sideshow would ever do this, does the walking dead have that big of a fan base?

The fact that weekly ratings for the show are floating between 5-7 million viewers on Nelson Ratings boxes alone and the comic has been a best seller since it's inception would argue it has a plenty big enough fan base.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ good point there. sometimes companies overthink things and don't release products on time and miss the demand. I hope to see different companies tackle it next year.

I wouldnt be too sure about that. People who own companies look these message boards over with a fine toothed comb. Its free marketing research for them. Just wait and see.....this is how many products go from a "man I wish they would make that" stage into holding the item in your hands complaining about how much you paid for it,lol.:peace

I hope so...I would love for some company to make a good, detailed Rick from the comics. Plus, I heard a rumour that McFarlane had the licence...not specific to the tv show or comic, but it makes sense since Todd McFarlane has a stake in Image Comics...there wouldn't be much difficulty with likeness rights.

I'd love a figure of the zombie that attacked that deer in the woods. In other words, more detailed and elaborate 1/6 zombie figures please!! SSC has kept us away from our beloved Dead for far too long.

whores people..............don't lose focus here...........:lecture

we already have the babysitter whore t...............& she got around .............she tried to disguise herself by coloring her hair blue, blonde, & black...................:nono

whores dont get second chances....:lecture.....but..............they do get a second shot on gc.............:monkey3

^^^ good point there. sometimes companies overthink things and don't release products on time and miss the demand. I hope to see different companies tackle it next year.

You pretty much described Sideshow's business MO right there. :monkey3

I hope companies are doing their job and reading these boards...I have seen polls up here, on the Spawn board, the Mezco board, as well as others, all asking for good figures to be made...it took McFarlane 2 years after Lost's premiere to make the figures. I had a debate with Randy of NECA the other night about the merits of a line based on TWD. He gave the usual reasons of boring character looks, not recognisable enough etc...but I think these companies need to realise that if a character is worthy enough, regardless of what they are wearing, people will but the figure. Zombie merch sells. This show can only go up. I hope AMC and Image Comics see this.

There was that rumour a month back where someone put up a poll on the Spawn board and one of the mods said 'interesting thread..."

I bet they have the rights and will probably make figures to coincide with the dvd/bluray release of Season 1 or Season 2 in October 2011.

I hope companies are doing their job and reading these boards...I have seen polls up here, on the Spawn board, the Mezco board, as well as others, all asking for good figures to be made...it took McFarlane 2 years after Lost's premiere to make the figures. I had a debate with Randy of NECA the other night about the merits of a line based on TWD. He gave the usual reasons of boring character looks, not recognisable enough etc...but I think these companies need to realise that if a character is worthy enough, regardless of what they are wearing, people will but the figure. Zombie merch sells. This show can only go up. I hope AMC and Image Comics see this.

There was that rumour a month back where someone put up a poll on the Spawn board and one of the mods said 'interesting thread..."

I bet they have the rights and will probably make figures to coincide with the dvd/bluray release of Season 1 or Season 2 in October 2011.

Actually, the Lost figures sold like ass. I don't really think that had anything to do with McFarlane not releasing them for 2 years, they just didn't look appealing. :huh

It'd make more sense for Sideshow to get off their butts, axe the polystone bull____ and start churning out The Dead figures again, to capitalize off the hype of Walking Dead though.

As cool as a Rick Grimes figure would be, as noted in several posts, just have SS bring back the dead line. Zombies galore and everyones happy. I personlly only want zombies over "normal" human characters.

Yulli pointed out a while back that she'd love to do some 1/6 scale zombies...imagine if HT picked this licence up. I'd like a surprise or two from them in 2011.

Back