High End "The Walking Dead" collectibles?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know about the rest of you, but that female torso crawling throught the park in the first episode with the femur bones dragging behind her was insanely awesome! I'd love to see Sideshow capture that in a statue.

Tell me this isn't the best zombie ever!
WalkingDeadZombieGal_1276196189_640w.jpg

https://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid83327935001?bctid=593569611001

Don't need any of the survivor characters.

Last edited:
throw in some random 1/6th whores & it's gold baby.........GOLD !!!!!!!.............:lecture

Sideshow tried something like this. It was called Shaun of the Dead and it sold miserably. Only the human characters are worth licensing since Sideshow can make any zombie they want under the Dead line. And since Shaun did so bad, I don't see anyone taking up the call unfortunately.

But in general, there is a SERIOUS lack of TV figures. And I don't get that. Most characters on TV get far more screen time than ANY movie character ever does, even in a long running series like James Bond. I mean how many hours of House has Hugh Laurie been compaired to how many hours Sean Connery was Bond? Just baffles me why TV gets the shaft when it comes to figures and other merchandise in general.

Sideshow tried something like this. It was called Shaun of the Dead and it sold miserably. Only the human characters are worth licensing since Sideshow can make any zombie they want under the Dead line. And since Shaun did so bad, I don't see anyone taking up the call unfortunately.

But in general, there is a SERIOUS lack of TV figures. And I don't get that. Most characters on TV get far more screen time than ANY movie character ever does, even in a long running series like James Bond. I mean how many hours of House has Hugh Laurie been compaired to how many hours Sean Connery was Bond? Just baffles me why TV gets the shaft when it comes to figures and other merchandise in general.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Al

MySpace
Kit Builders Magazine

I think it's because with a movie, you watch it, that's it (in most cases). You don't tune in every week to see what new struggle the character will face so therefore you want to capture that essence and save it. Whereas with television, you simply tune in next week to see the next piece of the puzzle and since it's ongoing and weekly, there's less of a real need to "freezeframe" it. If that makes any sense.

That does to a certain extent. But I feel there are TV moments I'd like captured in figure form just like movies. I think most of us can remember a really good storyline or something that stuck to us from a TV show. I'm not saying we should get Seinfeld statues or something, but there are plenty of moments from that show that people would instantly know if there was a product of it.

But I mean just look at some of the custom headsculpts made here: House, Sopranos, Dexter, Lost, Firefly, etc. etc. Clearly there is a demand for them, even if it is too a lesser extent than a film.

That does to a certain extent. But I feel there are TV moments I'd like captured in figure form just like movies. I think most of us can remember a really good storyline or something that stuck to us from a TV show. I'm not saying we should get Seinfeld statues or something, but there are plenty of moments from that show that people would instantly know if there was a product of it.

But I mean just look at some of the custom headsculpts made here: House, Sopranos, Dexter, Lost, Firefly, etc. etc. Clearly there is a demand for them, even if it is too a lesser extent than a film.

I dunno. With a few exceptions, I think these small custom projects are meeting the demand perfectly. Was Sopranos a good show? Absolutely! Would enough people want to drop $120 a figure for it to make it remotely profitable outside of a small commissioned group of customs? Not really. While there are certainly exceptions, overall, I think that's generally, and appropriately, the consensus.

I have an old SSC catalog where Frank Darabont is quoted as collecting Universal Horror 12 inch figures. I wonder if he can work something out between AMC and Sideshow to develop at least a Rick figure. I've got to believe a 12 inch or Premium Format Rick Grimes would be at least as profitable as Rick O'Connell.

Don't think sideshow would ever do this, does the walking dead have that big of a fan base?

Back