High End Hi Fi stereo system and figures display problem ?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you aren't going for sound stage and not turning the volume up it's not an issue. turning the volume up doesn't mean you have to sit right infront of the speakers. and if glass cabinets & tables are really close to them they will resonate, don't need the volume to be deafening to do so, as long as the bass is there.

but since your room is big enough and the volume ain't high enough by the time the sound hits the cabinet it's already too weak to bounce back or vibrate the glasses. but for sound stage usually the speakers are located near the ends of all walls. The bigger the room the better sound stage you get as you can easily tell which sound coming from which direction compared to small rooms where all the sound gets jumbled up.

Uh, OK, some of this is not really true/applicable, but anyway, try out a configuration you like, see if it makes a difference. If you don't like it, change it.

Me, I don't mind a "live" room. It sounds more natural to the ears than an acoustically treated and "dead" room, especially at "normal" volumes. That's a personal preference thing though. Rarely does anyone hear anything in a "dead" environment, so it can sound unnatural (it always does to me).

Hope you find something you like. :)

Your neighbors must love you. Get headphones.

Don't laugh. A good set of quality headphones, with the right source, can be an absolutely exquisite experience.

Back