Hi from Sheffield, UK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ipodimusprime

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Another UK collector here.

Have been collecting for quite a long time - initially with Sideshow's 1/6th Star Wars line. Was pretty impressed back then but it seems that these days, we are spoilt for choice with several companies making ever more impressive figures!

I'm into all sorts really - most of my collection is 1/6th scale stuff including Star Wars, Predator and Marvel. I also have a fair bit of McFarlane Predator/Alien, Master Replica .45 scale lightsabers, Moore Lady Death, Dr Who and Hasbro Star Wars.

My Star Wars stuff includes a few bits of Hasbro 12" series, the few figures that Marmit released, Medicom, Sideshow and soon Hot Toys.

Currently, I'm fairly into the Hot Toys Iron Man figures which is causing a serious dent to my wallet. I have also picked up Black Widow and Winter Soldier from the second Captain America film and will be adding Cap in his stealth suit. All Gaurdians of the Galaxy are on pre-order too!

Sadly, a lot of my collection is still in boxes as I haven't found a way to display them all yet and I'm even contemplating thinning my Star Wars collection to make way for more goodies from Hot Toys.

I used to order a lot directly from Sideshow - especially the Exclusive versions but I am getting a little tired of the Fed Ex charges. I have picked up a few pieces directly when I been abroad in North America or Hong Kong. I get a little frustrated buying in the UK as the main chain Sci-fi store has such huge price variations between branches and some only get one particular item in stock, open the figure to put out on display and then want to charge me full price for their second-hand figure!

I've joined this forum so that hopefully I have other people to share my geeky hobby with!

:welcome to the forum!

Sounds like quite a collection you have there. If you get some time, why not show some pieces off in the show off your shelves section?

The Hot Toys range are awesome and very addictive. I love the new Mark 42 diecast in particular :)

Interesting what you say about stores charging the same for displayed figures. We always discount if we've reviewed or displayed an item.

Re McFarlane, have you seen the ltd edition comic Rick Grimes statue where he's slaying zombies? Tis very cool. We had some in but they sold very fast. Trying to get some more at the mo. It looks like this:

the-walking-dead-comic-rick-grimes-resin-statue-mcfarlane-collectors-club-exclusive-3040-p.jpg

Anyhow, that's getting off topic. Hope you enjoy the forums. There are loads of collectors on here so I'm sure you'll find plenty of like-minded collectors.

Cheers

Liam

:welcome to SSF! Your collection sounds very cool - a lot of the same stuff I'm into. And some of the same issues (Needing to thin my collection out due to space constraints and "wallet dent".)

I hope you enjoy the forums!

Kind Regards,
Ken

Welcome, I'm a newbie here as well, I can't wait to see your collection [emoji14]

Hi there

Also a south yorkshire :) . Really love with the Iron Man pieces from Hot Toys, especially the House Party Protocol

Really excited to get the hulkbuster

Stewart

Hey there welcome I'm pontefract West Yorkshire it's good finding other collectors close by lol.
It also sounds like we have the same tastes I'm collecting. I'm currently building up my Star Wars collection now and my movie classics that's I grew up on so of your thinking of thinning it down hit me up there may be some I'm interested in n were local enough for costs to be cheap.
I won't buy from places like forbidden planet as there in shop prices are ridiculous n the staff don't really know what they have its just an expensive figure to them so tend to buy from other sellers or uk dedicated websites or Hong Kong

Look forward to seeing your collection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for warm welcome everybody. Glad to know there are plenty of UK collectors around too.

Haven't posted too much as it seems I'm a bit late to the table with most of the threads that I'm interested in but enjoying reading through them all.

Now just got to sort my collection out and take a few pictures.

Another Newbie here.
Welcome and I'm a big Star Wars fan myself,mostly have the small figures.:rotfl

I have loads of small figures too - no room to put them now so my clone army has been packed up and placed into storage. Sadly, I thnik I'm going to offload my smaller figures as more and more 1/6 stuff ( and now 1/4) is released. Ideally could do with a Tardis!!L

Back