Hemble Dioramas and Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,

Recipe

Troopers - are from Hasbro and I super glued the joints and then puttied them and once dry I repainted the body suit and weathered the armour.

Base - is balsa wood and then I used spakfilla to start the water and then I mixed spakfilla and fine river sand and the added some Vallejo Iraqui Sand and then added to the base for the beach section.

The water is Woodland Scenics Water Effects and so is the splashing water, I pour the Water Effects on the base and then spread it out and then once dry dry brushed gloss white to simulate froth.

Ron

Attachments

• ds2.JPG
    ds2.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 126
  • ds1.JPG
    ds1.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 125
  • ds10.JPG
    ds10.JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 125
  • ds9.JPG
    ds9.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 123
  • ds8.JPG
    ds8.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 125
  • ds7.JPG
    ds7.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 126
  • ds5.JPG
    ds5.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 126
  • ds4.JPG
    ds4.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 126
  • ds3.JPG
    ds3.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 126
  • ds6.JPG
    ds6.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 127
Hi All,

Recipe.

Troopers - are Hasbro's 3-3/4" Black Series and I super glued the joints and then puttied them up and once dry I used tissue paper to cover the cloth areas.

Base - is four Bandai 1/12 figure stands glued together and then balsa wood was used for the sides. I used plastic card for the landing pad section and the containers were made using plastic card and the hoses are pieces of old electrical cable.

The sand is a mix of spakfilla and sand and the palm tree was made using part of a small branch that I got from the back garden. I used string and wrapped it around the branch and then used tissue paper for the bark.

I then printed of some palm leaves of the net and used them as a template and cut them out of paper and then painted them and used thin wire to attach them to the tree and the smaller shrubs and plants are from Woodland Scenics and Joefix Studio's.

Ron

Attachments

• st6.JPG
    st6.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 123
  • st9.JPG
    st9.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 120
  • st7.JPG
    st7.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 122
  • st16.JPG
    st16.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 121
  • st14.JPG
    st14.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 120
  • st5.JPG
    st5.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 120
  • st4.JPG
    st4.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 121
  • st3.JPG
    st3.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 121
  • st2.JPG
    st2.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 123
  • st1.JPG
    st1.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 121
Hi All,

"Look Sir, Droids" dio is for a client.

Troopers & Dewback - The troopers are from Bandai and built straight out of the box and the back packs were made as per the clients request. The Dewback is from stannarts (www.stannarts.com) and is a resin figure which needed building which was the lower legs and toes, I added real leather to the saddle, straps, bags, water bottle and reins.

I used fake fur for the fur one the dewback and the bedrolls are pieces of cloth wrapped and then I used thin pieces of leather for the straps. The weapon holster and prod holster are also leather cut out and glued together.

Escape Pod - the pod has been made using PVC pipes and connections and then I detailed it using plastic card, 1/35th, 1/72nd scale parts, wire, paint lids and curtain rod ends.

Base - is a piece of wood I got from Bunnings (local hardware shop) and the edges are foam board and then I filled the interior with foam, paper and cardboard and once the interior was done I used Plaster of Paris to cover the foam etc. Once the Plaster was dry I then used a 50/40/10 mix of spakfilla/sand/paint and used this as the ground work.

Ron

Attachments

• ls19.JPG
    ls19.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 136
  • ls17.JPG
    ls17.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 134
  • ls11.JPG
    ls11.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 134
  • ls10.JPG
    ls10.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 136
  • ls7.JPG
    ls7.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 133
  • ls6.JPG
    ls6.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 132
  • ls5.JPG
    ls5.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 131
  • ls2.JPG
    ls2.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 132
  • ls1.JPG
    ls1.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 133
  • ls8.JPG
    ls8.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 134
Hi All,

Just an easy one today, I got a 3-3/4" Deathtrooper for xmas and decided to do put him on a dio.

Recipe

Figure - Hasbro's 3-3/4" Black Series figure as usual I glued the joints and then puttied them up. I painted the whole figure Vallejo's Matt Black and weathered the area's that needed and let it to dry. Once the base was done and the figure was secured to it I gave it a spary of Krylon Matt Spray and then gave the armour, eye len's and chin lights a coat of Woodland Scenics Realistic Water to give them the gloss and glow they needed.

Base - is a piece of thick balsa wood and I used a 70/0 mix of sand and spakfilla and applied it to the base and before it dried I secured the figure and the small equipment box made from plastic card to the base. Once dry I painted the base Vallejo's Matt black and the dry brushed it with Vallejo's Dark brown and then added small grass tufts from a company called miniNatur .

Ron

Attachments

• ds7.JPG
    ds7.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 116
  • ds12.JPG
    ds12.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 113
  • ds11.JPG
    ds11.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 115
  • ds8.JPG
    ds8.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 117
  • ds6.JPG
    ds6.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 115
  • ds5.JPG
    ds5.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 115
  • ds4.JPG
    ds4.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 114
  • ds3.JPG
    ds3.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 117
  • ds2.JPG
    ds2.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 115
  • ds1.JPG
    ds1.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 116
Hi All,

I figured that I would put the last three Shoretroopers onto bases so I made three so that they can connect together. I also decided to make them into ranks so I did a normal solder, sergeant and officer.

Recipe

Figures - are from the Hasbro BS 3-3/4" line and I just put them into the pose I like and super glued their joints then used plasticine to cover what little areas there was to cover and once dry I covered the cloth area's with tissue paper.

Base - the bases are thick balsa wood cut to shape and then I cut and sanded out the edges to give it a small drop, I then used a mix of spakfilla and sand and covered the bases.

Once dry I made the waves using Woodland Scenics Water Effects and Realistic Water, I used small tufts of grass from company called miniNatur and the plants were from JoeFix Studious and the clumps of small bushes and static grass are from model railway materials.

The palm trees were done by using thin branches from the garden and then I wrapped string around them and then covered then in tissue paper. The palm leaves I picked up from the local craft store and repainted them and gave them washes and then cut the end and drilled holes it the trunk and glued them inplace.

Attachments

• q1.JPG
    q1.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 81
  • q7.JPG
    q7.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 81
  • q11.JPG
    q11.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 80
  • q17.JPG
    q17.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 80
  • q21.JPG
    q21.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 80
  • q27.JPG
    q27.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 80
  • q31.JPG
    q31.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 79
  • q32.JPG
    q32.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 79
I like these!

Hi All,

I figured that I would put the last three Shoretroopers onto bases so I made three so that they can connect together. I also decided to make them into ranks so I did a normal solder, sergeant and officer.

Recipe

Figures - are from the Hasbro BS 3-3/4" line and I just put them into the pose I like and super glued their joints then used plasticine to cover what little areas there was to cover and once dry I covered the cloth area's with tissue paper.

Base - the bases are thick balsa wood cut to shape and then I cut and sanded out the edges to give it a small drop, I then used a mix of spakfilla and sand and covered the bases.

Once dry I made the waves using Woodland Scenics Water Effects and Realistic Water, I used small tufts of grass from company called miniNatur and the plants were from JoeFix Studious and the clumps of small bushes and static grass are from model railway materials.

The palm trees were done by using thin branches from the garden and then I wrapped string around them and then covered then in tissue paper. The palm leaves I picked up from the local craft store and repainted them and gave them washes and then cut the end and drilled holes it the trunk and glued them inplace.

Back