Help with possible scam issue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you have your answer in your own words. You started a whole new deal AFTER you paid the $600.

Not sure you can collect the entire $600 since you just admitted to getting 2 of the 3 items. Maybe if you returned everything then you could get your money and stuff back.

It's a very confusing arrangement.

Indeed very confusing. Personally unless you truly want to out someone keep it to PMs unless you want to share all the specifics. I don't see the problem with that. Apparently though due to my opinion Ryan would like to see my ____ and bicep. So at least I'm making friends. :rock

PM Maulfan and see if he can help you with your macro settings......

You have to buy me dinner before you get the goods. That's how it works. If you don't like it please put your disapproval in the other topics thread and be as vague as possible. ;)

Indeed very confusing. Personally unless you truly want to out someone keep it to PMs unless you want to share all the specifics. I don't see the problem with that. Apparently though due to my opinion Ryan would like to see my ____ and bicep. So at least I'm making friends. :rock

Dangit I don't know what ____ is! I can't wait! I hope it's a prototype rocket firing Boba Fett!!!!

If you paid as a gift your out of luck. If not file a claim with paypal for item received not as described or wrong item received. Contact paypal and ask them how to attach all the emails between you and the seller as evidence in your claim as to not receiving the item you paid for. also have photos ready of item and original packaging. I assume the item you received weighed less than the item you purchased. With a whole lot of evidence in your support paypal may rule in your defense and refund the money. The bad news if it is well over 30 days your SOL as paypal usually refuses claims after that date. The good news is the seller has not responded to your emails making him out to be the fraud. Good luck.

REMEMBER NEVER PAY AS A GIFT. PAY THE SELLER THE 3% TO AVOID ANY ISSUES.

Alright well I was hoping he would have responded by today since I sent him another email and a few more PM's and I se that he logged in this morning and got no reply so yeah.

Anyway his username is Mr.Paul the deal went like this. The first deal was me buying a Darth Talon PF from him I got it everything went smoothly was originally supposed to be a trade for me green goblin but neither of us had traded before and there wasn't enough trust so we decided to go over paypal. The next was a trade between his vampirella ex. and my Darth Vader ex that went smoothly. The last was supposed to be between me trading my green goblin plus some extra money to help for shipping for his spiderman life size bust. That didn't go over so smoothly. So he lives in Nova Scotia so I don't know because a couple people have told me to report the authorities for fraud but not sure if i can since it's international or how to go about that. Also yeah I didn't pay by gift.

It won't be a misunderstood , he know he sent out a cheap statu, he know he still have the bust, but the stupid thing is if you guys trade and already do Paypal, why he still doing all this? I mean if I am freaking mad, I will tell him I will call cops to go to his house since you know the address.

honestly, I don't see there is much you could do. There are way too many variables involved in this, and it would get confusing very fast. Personally, I would never even trade with someone with so few posts, I would think that would be a no no for anyone on this board, especially with 0 feedback and 0 "street cred".

honestly, I don't see there is much you could do. There are way too many variables involved in this, and it would get confusing very fast. Personally, I would never even trade with someone with so few posts, I would think that would be a no no for anyone on this board, especially with 0 feedback and 0 "street cred".

Yeah that's why we didn't trade initially. Then the second deal was a trade which was pretty nerve racking but we had been talking for a couple of weeks after the first purchase and he seemed like a trustworthy guy and even though i was a little hesitant I shipped first. But everything went great so I didn't even think anything was going to go wrong for the third deal but maybe that was the plan the whole time? I really don't know it's really just aggravating to finally meet someone i feel comfortable trading with and trust him enough to do so then this happens.

Or get a phone # or eBay name , more you know him is more batter.

I would agree that with so few posts and no feed back it was a bad move to do any sort of trade.

Yeah it wasn't the smartest decision to trade with someone like that but after the first purchase went smoothly and the first trade i would think the third one would go over just as smoothly and didn't think anything of it.

why did you leave him such a glowing feedback ? according to the feedback everything you described in your 1st post went great

Because he wanted feedback after the second trade and since he sent me the delivery confirmation for the third transaction I figured it was okay. He wanted some feedback so people would buy some statues from him on his for sale thread, which he deleted now. At the time I didn't think anything of it and the first two transactions went over smoothly and we were talking the whole time in between so I didn't see the harm and I can't really change that now.

Well I'm coming to the conclusion that I am pretty screwed in terms of me getting any money or items back but who should I take to on the boards about him?

Well I'm coming to the conclusion that I am pretty screwed in terms of me getting any money or items back but who should I take to on the boards about him?

You can send a PM to Jen or any of the Commerce Section Mods to edit the feedback.

Back