Help with Hot Toys Winter Soldier arm joint!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob_UK_123

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hiya guys!! Delighted I managed to get a HT Winter Soldier figure for a reasonable price! However taking him out of the box, when I go to pose his metallic arm it is very rigid! I mean the shoulder joint works well but the forearm and elbow joint seem very stiff. It is one of my favourite figures and I don't want to force anything and potentially ruin it. Can anyone advise me? Thanks!!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

It's ok that's it's stiff. Just use constant pressure above and below the joint and you will be fine.

And congrats!

My Winter Soldier's arm was very very stiff when I got him, too. I didn't want to bother sending him back for a replacement so I just kept him posed rigidly in my case for a long time until I read a tip here on the forum :lol What helped me move my Soldier's joint was warming the elbow up with a hairdryer. It softens the plastic and makes it easier to move. Worked like a charm!

Seems to me like its a similar issue with amazing spiderman 2's shoulders, at least for mine. I did the same thing as above with the hairdryer. Solid advice!

Same with mine, it was pretty stiff. Takes a bit of working to move it, but it'll be fine :)

Yeah, the hair dryer is solid advice. I personally don't have one in my house, but I do have a small fan blown space heater which works just as well.

Back