1/6 Help. Hot Toys New Hope Darth Vader or Sideshow Return of Jedi Darth Vader?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polarcricket

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Help. Hot Toys New Hope Darth Vader or Sideshow Return of Jedi Darth Vader?

Ive decided to get myself a Darth Vader 1/6 or 12inch figure. I cant afford a premium format. He will be displayed with the 6 Bounty Hunters by Sideshow. What is the better version Hot Toys a New Hope figure or Sideshows Return of the Jedi figure?

ANy help would be appreciated, as Ive read forums and heard arguements for both sides but mostly people talking about how they combine them both lol. I can only afford one so interested in peoples opinions if they could only get one, which one would it be?

Thanks for any help offered :)

I can confirm that the newest Sideshow Darth Vader is fantastic. The price is also unbeatable considering the newest Darth Vader from Hot Toys went up in value so much.

The YouTube reviews speak for themselves. It's a re-release of an earlier figure with modifications done to improve the quality to prior releases. For $229 (maybe you can find a -$20 off coupon to make your shipping free) it's the best Darth Vader that you can get.

It also depends on what look you want for your display. Do research by watching reviews rather than count on the opinions of others here.

If you don't mind accuracy (and you don't, if you're considering displaying ANH Vader with BHunters) I'll suggest HT Rogue One Vaydah. With the shoulder armor over the tunic he can pass for ESB and you don't have to mess around with electronic arms. HT ANH Vader will be my second choice...can be superb with minor mods...but it's ANH. I hate SSC helmet, it's just unforgivable.

It also depends on what look you want for your display. Do research by watching reviews rather than count on the opinions of others here.

Im posing him with Bounty Hunters, so probably the finger point and hands on belt. Appreciate the help guys. I do like look of the Sideshow one, just heard a few peeps bagging Sideshow for quality so thought Id ask.

I think you need to buy what you like the best just about everyone on here have something to ***** about on all figures from SS and HT

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thanks for your help guys, Im new to threads but have quite a few Sideshow figures. Jabba, Throne room, Bib, The Band Nook, Cantina seat sets, Greedo, Leia in Boushh disguise, Bossk, and the new 4-lom, ESB Boba Fett and the Jawas.

The photos on the Sideshow site look great, but have heard a few people say his helmet is horrendous lol.

Does anyone here own it or able to post an actual picture of the Sideshow helmet. I just love the Belt pose hands they look awesome.

Yeah thats a different Sideshow Vader though I think. The one Im looking at is the Return of the Jedi Vader:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-darth-vader-sideshow-collectibles-1000763/
Yes, but you can see what the changes are in the description: superior leather suit, codpiece, hands. Plus no two-piece helmet and no light up stand.

The photos on the Sideshow site look great, but have heard a few people say his helmet is horrendous lol.

SSC Deluxe, same helmet:
rlBmOay.jpg

P1oVXP1.jpg

Not the same league, planet, galaxy, universe.

ok thanks. Sorry I was trying to compare with Jedi one and theyve changed the breathing and belt.

I see what you mean about the helmet, however that photo the Hot Toys cape especially second photo looks awful, I can see why people are mish mashing the two lol. Tough decision really, yeah the helmet isnt as good as the Hot Toys, but cape, body and gloves look way better on sideshow.

Hot toys cape is awesome.

The Hot Toys version is better in every way except the gloves.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Back