help displaying a 1/6 flying figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agliarept

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

i have a custom Christopher reeve's superman figure and rocketeer i would like to display but im not sure what stand would be best to show them in flying poses. I used the stock stands that came with the figures and just bought two dolfie stands that are higher, just not strong enough.

can anyone suggest a stronger/better stand and base for these figures that I could try?

-M

You could modify one of the new enterbay stands to have a clear pole on it instead, there made out of metal and r nice and heavy.

The best and cheapest option I've found is to either take a stand (either Hot Toys or Sideshow) and wrap a small amount of electrical tape around the arms so they can't fully sit in the stand arm. This way you can get a nice hovering effect and the stand is still very stable... here's an example using the V1 Superman Returns figure:

ddn.jpg

Another option is to buy a stand from either an Amok Time or Majestic Studios figure (you can find these on Toy Anxiety). These have a longer arm and don't require any modification to get a floating pose:

bucka.jpg

very cool! I didnt know about the amok stands, i will def check out Toy Anxiety.

Can you use fishing line and hang them from the bottom of a shelf? I have done that with a couple of figures and it looks pretty good. I just tied a couple of lengths of monofilament line to the figures' arms and made a couple of loops in the other end of each line and then thumbtacked them to the bottom of a shelf. Completely does away with the need for a stand.

Back