Premium Format Hellraiser Pinhead Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like you just like the look of the character and the box and not the films, which is fine. Each to their own.
Basically, but I love the whole idea/concept of the Cenobites as well. A magical artifact that if opened, creates a gateway to a hellish dimension ruled by sadistic demons who specialize in inflicting the ultimate pain (or pleasure) to the one that opens the box. It's a great Idea. I love it. Like you said, I just don't think the movies were very well made.

Why is anyone taking these trolls serious Alien most realistic acting hahahaha
Troll? Excuse me?

And yes, Alien easily has the most realistic acting of any film I have ever seen. There is not one line of cheesy, unbelievable or "Hollywoodized" dialogue. The reactions, the mannerisms, it all felt real, not scripted. Which is a big part of what makes Alien such an excellent, impactful film.

There were even some scenes, specifically the dinner scene, where the dialogue wasn't scripted and the actors made up their conversations on the spot.

Why is anyone taking these trolls serious Alien most realistic acting hahahaha

Imma check out Event Horizon. Seems cool. It's British horror right? I ****ing love British horror flicks. There's something about them that makes them awesome.

My favourite British horror film is The Wicker Man. Christopher Lee is on great form as Lord Summerisle & Edward Woodward is on equally top form as the movies protagonist Sergeant Howie. I did enjoy Event Horizon, though. & I hate the Resident Evil films.

Halloween 3 is amazing? I think it is not a bad film but it doesn't belong with the rest of them, since it is a totally different movie with a different story (which I know that is what John Carpenter wanted). However, they should of called it something else, or just call it the Season of the Witch and remove Halloween 3 from the title. :dunno

Actually I was referring to Nightmare on Elm street 1-3, I only stated Halloween 1-2.

Imma check out the wicker. Man and event horizon. Any other British flicks you guys can recommend throw them at me... I get a lot of downtime at work....

Basically, but I love the whole idea/concept of the Cenobites as well. A magical artifact that if opened, creates a gateway to a hellish dimension ruled by sadistic demons who specialize in inflicting the ultimate pain (or pleasure) to the one that opens the box. It's a great Idea. I love it. Like you said, I just don't think the movies were very well made.

Ok cool so like a blend of things about it, gotcha. :)

Troll? Excuse me?

And yes, Alien easily has the most realistic acting of any film I have ever seen. There is not one line of cheesy, unbelievable or "Hollywoodized" dialogue. The reactions, the mannerisms, it all felt real, not scripted. Which is a big part of what makes Alien such an excellent, impactful film.

There were even some scenes, specifically the dinner scene, where the dialogue wasn't scripted and the actors made up their conversations on the spot.

Wow so it was improv? That's an interesting fact and actually makes you respect that scene even more.

Actually I was referring to Nightmare on Elm street 1-3, I only stated Halloween 1-2.

Oh I look back and see now that you meant that. I just assumed you were talking about Halloween since you first mentioned that and I mistakenly thought NOES was short for numbers, with a few letters left out. :slap BTW what is wrong with part 4?

Imma check out the wicker. Man and event horizon. Any other British flicks you guys can recommend throw them at me... I get a lot of downtime at work....

I prefer the US remake with Nicholas Cage, for one obvious reason that I can't say because I assume it would be considered a spoiler for the original version.

Alien is a good flick... Not the best acting you guys. Make it out to be

I think people mean it is really good acting for a horror film and not the bad acting that you see in B-grade slasher films. I don't think people mean it is a movie that is worth an academy ward for it's brilliant acting.:dunno

Well, that is what I meant. :lol

Almost all the actors in Alien are very well-known and respected today. Sigourney even did win an Oscar for her performance in Aliens.

You felt like the characters were real people you could meet in person. There are lots of films with great acting, but the dialogue lacks realism. Alien succeeds at both.

Well, that is what I meant. :lol

Almost all the actors in Alien are very well-known and respected today.

Yeah today they are but back then they were not well known. Alien was probably Sigourney and John Hurt's break into the film industry.

Sigourney even did win an Oscar for her performance in Aliens.

You felt like the characters were real people you could meet in person. There are lots of films with great acting, but the dialogue lacks realism. Alien succeeds at both.

Umm no she didn't, she was just nominated. Nevertheless, the fact that they consider that performance worthy of an oscar ends the argument of whether Aliens was well acted or not but Alien.

Umm no she didn't, she was just nominated. Nevertheless, the fact that they consider that performance worthy of an oscar ends the argument of whether Aliens was well acted or not but Alien.
Weird, I could have sworn she did.

Wait, are you trying to say Aliens had better acting than Alien? :horror All that cheesy and exaggerated ooh-rah! military crap? :lol

I just can't fathom how someone couldn't be impressed with the acting in Alien. It is by far the most realistic acting I've seen in a film.

Weird, I could have sworn she did.

Wait, are you trying to say Aliens had better acting than Alien? :horror All that cheesy and exaggerated ooh-rah! military crap? :lol

I just can't fathom how someone couldn't be impressed with the acting in Alien. It is by far the most realistic acting I've seen in a film.

No man not at all, I am just saying the fact that they considered Sigourney's performance in Aliens worthy of an oscar, actually proves that Aliens was a well acted film, no one can argue with that fact. However, whether Alien had better acting than Aliens is subjective, since no actors in Alien were nominated for their performance.

Last edited:
Just saw the curse of chucky wow! It was very well done. Dark, kind of funny and scary. A bit of gore but not overkill. One of the best horror movies to date. Now I hope SS can make a chucky statue. Also I hope someone makes a new version of the good guy doll. Come to think of why has no one made a life size pinhead, jason or freddy? Kind of like the many life size props of vader and boba fett.

Back