Premium Format Hellraiser Pinhead Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe "Slasher Horror doesn't work in space" is more accurate, but I don't believe that either. I think any concept can work and be a quality, 10/10 film if the right talent is behind it.

Alien has so much more depth than any slasher film I've seen, and it's far more sci-fi than horror. I consider Alien to be the greatest film ever made, with the most realistic acting I've ever seen.

Bloodlines took place in space for like 15 minutes. Everything else was the history of the puzzle box and who created it. Way more interesting than any other film in the Hellraiser franchise.

Oh ok I only remember that space stuff, which was a turn off, it has been over 15 years since I have seen it though.

The whole "slasher" horror genre is awful though. Some of the franchise's have cool characters and concepts, like Freddy Krueger and Pinhead/the Cenobites, but ultimately the movies are as poorly made as they come.

I don't know about awful but they are not on the level of Hell raiser, especially one and two.

Nothing CBG says makes sense. Doesn't like Gore, but watches people get sliced in half with machetes and clawed-hands. I think he's trolling though.

I am beginning to see that now.

Maybe "Slasher Horror doesn't work in space" is more accurate, but I don't believe that either.

Yeah that's what I meant, I am surprized other people didn't pick up on that as I thought it was obvious, since I mentioned the slasher flicks like Jason X.

I think any concept can work and be a quality, 10/10 film if the right talent is behind it.

Maybe, but i have yet to see that though. Just the thought of Freddy being in a space movie sounds stupid like Jason X was stupid.

Alien has so much more depth than any slasher film I've seen, and it's far more sci-fi than horror. I consider Alien to be the greatest film ever made, with the most realistic acting I've ever seen.

I wouldn't say it the greatest film ever made but it is not like a b-grade slasher film that lacks any depth.

Last edited:
Don't hate me for this but I loved Jason X. You know why? Every single time I put it on I laugh so hard I can't control it. And I wouldn't change happy times like that for nothing.

:monkey3

I should also state that I liked Bloodline. Not for any other reason than it really brings back fond memories of my little brother and I watching it together, late at night, sitting on the floor with our pb sandwiches, enjoying sibling time.

Don't hate me for this but I loved Jason X. You know why? Every single time I put it on I laugh so hard I can't control it. And I wouldn't change happy times like that for nothing.

I should also state that I liked Bloodline. Not for any other reason than it really brings back fond memories of my little brother and I watching it together, late at night, sitting on the floor with our pb sandwiches, enjoying sibling time.

I think nostalgia is a valid reason for liking something, just IMO slasher movies and space don't work. I was also speaking objectively as I like slasher movies but I agree with Xenoburger that they are quite poorly made and actually corny compared to anything like Hell Raiser. I would say slasher movies are my guilty pleasure. :eek:

Well, I personally don't think any of the Hellraiser films were very good either. I was lumping Hellraiser into the "slasher" category as well, but I guess they're not exactly that. I just love Pinhead and the concept of the Cenobites, the puzzle box, etc. It's a fantastic idea, but I don't think the movies have done it justice.

I really liked Jason X, probably more than any other movie in the Friday the 13th franchise, but just because of the hilariously cheesy sci-fi atmosphere it has. I love that. :lol

Jason's futuristic robot design was awesome though, no denying that.

Most times when you're taking a slasher character and putting him in space, I think you have a preconceived notion that it's going to suck, so you just have fun with it. Like Jason X, Leprechaun, etc. That's not the case for Bloodlines though IMO. They actually wanted to tell a story, specifically the history of the puzzle box, and they made it work...ish. The movie was still of very subpar quality, but it wasn't an absolute goofy cheesefest like other slasher-in-space films. It took itself more seriously.

Just so you understand where I'm coming from - I'm not a horror fan. I didn't grow up with any of these films. I think all of these movies are really stupid to be honest. :lol Texas Chainsaw, Halloween, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Hellraiser, Leprechaun, Pumpkinhead, Evil Dead, Chucky, etc. I just watched all of these franchises for the first time within the past few months as a Halloween scary movie marathon, and wasn't impressed with any of them. There are just bits and pieces that I like, Pinhead being one of them.

Well, I personally don't think any of the Hellraiser films were very good either. I was lumping Hellraiser into the "slasher" category as well, but I guess they're not exactly that. I just love Pinhead and the concept of the Cenobites, the puzzle box, etc. It's a fantastic idea, but I don't think the movies have done it justice.

I really liked Jason X, probably more than any other movie in the Friday the 13th franchise, but just because of the hilariously cheesy sci-fi atmosphere it has. I love that. :lol

Most times when you're taking a slasher character and putting him in space, I think you have a preconceived notion that it's going to suck, so you just have fun with it. Like Jason X, Leprechaun, etc. That's not the case for Bloodlines though IMO. They actually wanted to tell a story, specifically the history of the puzzle box, and they made it work...ish. The movie was still of very subpar quality, but it wasn't an absolute goofy cheesefest like other slasher-in-space films. It took itself more seriously.

Just so you understand where I'm coming from - I'm not a horror fan. I didn't grow up with any of these films. I think all of these movies are really stupid to be honest. :lol Texas Chainsaw, Halloween, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Hellraiser, Leprechaun, Pumpkinhead, Evil Dead, Chucky, etc. I just watched all of these franchises for the first time within the past few months as a Halloween scary movie marathon, and wasn't impressed with any of them. There are just bits and pieces that I like, Pinhead being one of them.

That's what Pinhead would turn you into for your lack of faith in much of the horror genre. :wink1:

I'm sorry, but the first two Hellraiser films are some of the best straight up horror Films ever made. From the effects, which to this day do not come off as cheesy, with the exception of the Engineer which I think would be better done today, to the concepts it deals with i.e. Seeking the ultimate pleasure, finding pleasure through pain, giving up ones soul for what is basically thrill seeking due the monotony some see in life; all taboo subjects that pretty much people shy away from. The dialogue isn't ridiculous and stupid, there's no 20 somethings running around trying to see what made the noise. Kirsty Cotton is one of the few strong women to be found Horror and is heroine instead of having to be saved. And it mostly stays true to the elements it derived from in "The Hellbound Heart".

It got cheesy after that because who ever wrote and directed III and IV did try to turn the films into that cookie cutter horror franchise even though some elements from Bloodlines are terrific, the history of the box being one.

As far as Slasher films being cheesy and stupid, I'll give you that it's 70% absolutely true. They become comedic satires of themselves after a while and so many were made to cash in on the Horror boom of the 80's that was completely over done by the end of the decade. But, there are gems in there. The First Halloween is a good film, NOES 1-3 are pretty amazing. The first Texas Chainsaw massacre is disturbing because honestly, it could happen. However, as much as I love Jason Voorhees, as Much as I love my hockey masked zombified killer, Friday the 13th is easliy the worst of the big franchises. Just idiotic things happen for no reason.

Now I will not give any credit to Leprechaun or Childs play, both are fairly dumb and more comedic than horror. I still don't understand people who genuinely like those films.

But for people that don't know horror, the best thing to do is get outside of American made horror films. Some of the Italian, German and Japanese horror makers are truly brilliant.

I liked Event Horizon. I only recently started watching non US horror, the first of which was the Italian film Demons which isn't the best movie, but had some really great gore and an all around creepy feel.

I was originally drawn to Hellraiser because I felt it was an attempt to really tell a genuine story with a horror character who was visually interesting and who had character and intelligence. And more importantly served a purpose beyond the act of just slashing people up. But it eventually lost its way as the series went on. But you can say the same thing for most horror franchises: Texas chainsaw, Freddy, Jason, Myers, Saw, Chucky, etc. they all suffer the same fate.

I was into Japanese horror for a long time. It was originally a refreshing change from the cookie cutter American slasher films. Films like Gozu and Uzumaki were, for lack of a better description, visually disturbing. But eventually I got tired of the style, especially when watching something like Ichi the Killer which I thought was way too over the top. No doubt there are gems in the mix. But at some point, you get tired of seeing the same thing over and over again.

I was originally drawn to Hellraiser because I felt it was an attempt to really tell a genuine story with a horror character who was visually interesting and who had character and intelligence. And more importantly served a purpose beyond the act of just slashing people up. But it eventually lost its way as the series went on. But you can say the same thing for most horror franchises: Texas chainsaw, Freddy, Jason, Myers, Saw, Chucky, etc. they all suffer the same fate.

I was into Japanese horror for a long time. It was originally a refreshing change from the cookie cutter American slasher films. Films like Gozu and Uzumaki were, for lack of a better description, visually disturbing. But eventually I got tired of the style, especially when watching something like Ichi the Killer which I thought was way too over the top. No doubt there are gems in the mix. But at some point, you get tired of seeing the same thing over and over again.

Absolutely. The problem with the Horror Genre as a whole is that once something works they either try to beat it to death or copy it to the point of exhaustion. That's why I posted the Slasher films I posted. Each one is unique, and brings something to the genre. Those films have been mimicked to death though. Every once in a while though, something new pops up out of no where and it works, but it's few and far between. Even when I heard Eli Roth was doing "The Green Inferno" I was a bit disappointed. What was he going to bring to Cannibal films that we hadn't already seen in Cannibal Holocaust or Cannibal Ferox?

That's what Pinhead would turn you into for your lack of faith in much of the horror genre. :wink1:
Well put. :lol

I'm sorry, but the first two Hellraiser films are some of the best straight up horror Films ever made. From the effects, which to this day do not come off as cheesy
I can't remember if it was the first film, and I think it was, but one scene of a guy getting ripped apart by the chains was literally one of the worst effects I have ever seen. The skin was so obviously some sort of rubber/latex material that I couldn't help but laugh. :lol

Of course Pinhead's make-up and prosthetics were incredible though.

Yes jason ex was awesome! Love the part with jason x going to kill the 2 naked girls which was only a hologram. Lol the cast was so awesome! The movie moved fast, it's was funny and not too gory at all. Wow forgot about leprechaun, Childs play, black Christmas remake, and scream. All very entertaining and very little gore. The remake freddy movie was kind of weird with no comedy, and tons of gore.
The pinhead movies was just too weird and scary so I never watched them. I tried to but got gored out and didn't know what was going on in the first 20 mins of the movie. I still missed all those funny slasher movies. Let's not for the killer possed creepy doll movie that was just released on DVD a week ago.

Bro you can't be serious? It is because Jason X that no more Friday sequels were made until Freddy vs Jason. Horror and space don't work, which why Hell raiser blood lines was a disaster.

So let me get this straight you don't like the movies because there is too much gore but want this piece because you like the look of the character right?

Exactly. I wished I could watch those but the first 20 mins confused me and the gore seeing the chains on the skin etc. I can tell almost instantly in the first 20 mins if a horror movie will be great or fail. I've been one of the biggest horror for a long time starting from the 80s. Love to go to the movies to get scared as long as the gore stay out of the movie.

I can't win with you! :gah:

And yes I did think you were linking Hellraiser films with slasher films, which why I said those films don't work in space. However, I did not realize you were lumping them together when you were comparing them to Jason/Myers and Freddy films.

I didn't like it, but it was a unique I idea I guess.

I like the start of bloodlines with the story of the box but after that it just sucked from what I remember. Maybe I should go back and watch it again. :dunno

Sounds like you just like the look of the character and the box and not the films, which is fine. Each to their own.

I'm sorry, but the first two Hellraiser films are some of the best straight up horror Films ever made. From the effects, which to this day do not come off as cheesy, with the exception of the Engineer which I think would be better done today, to the concepts it deals with i.e. Seeking the ultimate pleasure, finding pleasure through pain, giving up ones soul for what is basically thrill seeking due the monotony some see in life; all taboo subjects that pretty much people shy away from. The dialogue isn't ridiculous and stupid, there's no 20 somethings running around trying to see what made the noise. Kirsty Cotton is one of the few strong women to be found Horror and is heroine instead of having to be saved. And it mostly stays true to the elements it derived from in "The Hellbound Heart".

:exactly:

It got cheesy after that because who ever wrote and directed III and IV did try to turn the films into that cookie cutter horror franchise even though some elements from Bloodlines are terrific, the history of the box being one.

Yeah 1 and 2 are the only good ones IMO.

As far as Slasher films being cheesy and stupid, I'll give you that it's 70% absolutely true. They become comedic satires of themselves after a while and so many were made to cash in on the Horror boom of the 80's that was completely over done by the end of the decade. But, there are gems in there. The First Halloween is a good film, NOES 1-3 are pretty amazing. The first Texas Chainsaw massacre is disturbing because honestly, it could happen. However, as much as I love Jason Voorhees, as Much as I love my hockey masked zombified killer, Friday the 13th is easliy the worst of the big franchises. Just idiotic things happen for no reason.

Halloween 3 is amazing? I think it is not a bad film but it doesn't belong with the rest of them, since it is a totally different movie with a different story (which I know that is what John Carpenter wanted). However, they should of called it something else, or just call it the Season of the Witch and remove Halloween 3 from the title. :dunno

Now I will not give any credit to Leprechaun or Childs play, both are fairly dumb and more comedic than horror. I still don't understand people who genuinely like those films.

For me it is nostalgia as far Chucky is concerned.

Exactly. I wished I could watch those but the first 20 mins confused me and the gore seeing the chains on the skin etc. I can tell almost instantly in the first 20 mins if a horror movie will be great or fail. I've been one of the biggest horror for a long time starting from the 80s. Love to go to the movies to get scared as long as the gore stay out of the movie.

Bro what you have said is an oxymoron since horror= gore pretty much. If you want to be scared without gore then just stick to thrillers. However, I will admit that Horror films sometimes go overboard with too much gore like the wrong turn movies and hostel for example.

Last edited:
Why is anyone taking these trolls serious Alien most realistic acting hahahaha

Imma check out Event Horizon. Seems cool. It's British horror right? I ****ing love British horror flicks. There's something about them that makes them awesome.

Why is anyone taking these trolls serious Alien most realistic acting hahahaha

Imma check out Event Horizon. Seems cool. It's British horror right? I ****ing love British horror flicks. There's something about them that makes them awesome.

It has both US and American actors in it, but it is filmed at Pinewood studios in England. However, a lot of US films are filmed there to like Tim Burton's Batman. The person who directed it was born in the UK but is also the director of the Resident Evil movies. So I am not sure if you would call it British horror, since the director of the film makes popular Hollywood main stream movies.

Last edited:
Back