Hello from United Kingdom, Newcastle!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrohead

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Have been browsing the forum for a few weeks and finally decided to join. I'm 33 years old (Just turned 33 last week actually!) and am a longtime sci-fi, horror and comic fan. I'm also a huge anime and manga buff and I'm seriously into my videogames and writing in my spare time.

Although I have seriously collected figures and models since I was about 18 I was away from the hobby for quite a while until about a year ago. The long absence was due to a mixture of things: finances and moving house and also a horrible moving accident in which a sizeable portion of my action figures were damaged which had me absolutely gutted.

What got me back into the hobby was when I saw some of the 1/6 scale anime and movie based figures from Medicom, Hot Toys and Enterbay(wish i could afford HT and EB). Although I currently only own a small number of Medicoms I've grown increasingly interested in 1/6 scale over any other kind of figure and model and would now label myself "Obsessed". Due to how expensive they are I've also grown interested in kitbashing and while I have no scultping or painting skills I have put a 1/6 scale figure together with pre-made parts and an accessory set. I have a feeling I could get quite into that as well.

Thankfully my girlfriend of 9 years is very understanding about the hobby and is very supportive of my various collections. She does get very paranoid in our spare room where all the figures are though in case she knocks anything off a shelf!

I work for Her Majesty's revenue and Customs(Less interesting than it sounds) and deal with customer queries by phone and letter about taxation in the UK.

Well that's pretty much me. Hope to make some new friends here on the forum and have some good chats on many different subjects.

wavesmile.gif
:welcome1: to the :FREAK: Show & Belated Happy Birthday! :duff
wavesmile.gif

Welcome to the forum, hope you have a great time here! I've got a quick question for you. Why are customs tax so expensive?! :lol

Welcome new UK freak :D You will not enter an alternate universe where everything is the same...... yet different.... *spooky music*

In response to your question paramoremcr88 I actually have no idea myself. HMRC is a big company and I work in the section that solely deals with tax on interest/ income tax and even then only in very specific areas.
Therefore I've never had to learn anything relating to customs in my day to day job, it angers me just as much as it does you. Some of the Japanese and American stuff I've imported over the years has cost a small fortune.

Hey guys,
Have been browsing the forum for a few weeks and finally decided to join. I'm 33 years old (Just turned 33 last week actually!) and am a longtime sci-fi, horror and comic fan. I'm also a huge anime and manga buff and I'm seriously into my videogames and writing in my spare time.

Although I have seriously collected figures and models since I was about 18 I was away from the hobby for quite a while until about a year ago. The long absence was due to a mixture of things: finances and moving house and also a horrible moving accident in which a sizeable portion of my action figures were damaged which had me absolutely gutted.

What got me back into the hobby was when I saw some of the 1/6 scale anime and movie based figures from Medicom, Hot Toys and Enterbay(wish i could afford HT and EB). Although I currently only own a small number of Medicoms I've grown increasingly interested in 1/6 scale over any other kind of figure and model and would now label myself "Obsessed". Due to how expensive they are I've also grown interested in kitbashing and while I have no scultping or painting skills I have put a 1/6 scale figure together with pre-made parts and an accessory set. I have a feeling I could get quite into that as well.

Thankfully my girlfriend of 9 years is very understanding about the hobby and is very supportive of my various collections. She does get very paranoid in our spare room where all the figures are though in case she knocks anything off a shelf!

I work for Her Majesty's revenue and Customs(Less interesting than it sounds) and deal with customer queries by phone and letter about taxation in the UK.
Well that's pretty much me. Hope to make some new friends here on the forum and have some good chats on many different subjects.

Actually I dont think that sounds very interesting at all! :1-1:

Welcome, hoping to get to the UK in the fall. If the pound wasnt killing the dollar in exchange all the time it would be in the summer though.

Even though I am an Ami working in Germany, I am amazed at how many collectors there are on these boards from Europe!

Back